Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

There's a big bunch or experienced, good QBs entering the portal. But I doubt any are at the top of the list for our coaching staff. Really good OL and DL -- gimme some of those!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 1:08 PM, Paladin said:

Malcolm Johnson, Jr also in the portal

image.png

If I see anyone up in here bitching about losing receivers in the portal, I’m calling the cops!

• Haha 2

Wonder if Auburn is done?  Wouldn’t you announce right away to maximize time?  Not bad if all Auburn lost was a couple defensive Linemen that never saw the field and a couple receivers that weren’t big contributors.  

Maybe some more after graduation Saturday?  

13 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Tyler, thanks for everything you have done for Auburn. Do great things at your next destination.

Will remember him most for his touchdown catch against LSU when Bo Nix scrambled for what seemed like an eternity. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Will remember him most for his touchdown catch against LSU when Bo Nix scrambled for what seemed like an eternity. 

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Great young man and solid team guy. Hope he lands in a great situation. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3

I always felt Fromm was a bit underused in the passing game. However, ALL of our TEs were underused in the passing game. He probably felt he was next up after Shenker left. Then they bring in Fairweather who catches like Jekyll and Hyde. 
I wish him the best. He’s been a great team player.

• Like 5

Bunch of rumors from YouTube shows that Var is gone.  IDK if it is draft or portal.

Wonder how he's going to get replaced  I think he's good, but he's not irreplaceable

49 minutes ago, Paladin said:

On3's NIL values and rankings are a bit hilarious 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Bunch of rumors from YouTube shows that Var is gone.  IDK if it is draft or portal.

Wonder how he's going to get replaced  I think he's good, but he's not irreplaceable

Var?

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So tightends being underused. Is that a qb thing or a coaching thing.  What are you guys opinions?

Historically that was a Gus thing.  For example, in 2017 our leading TE has 3 receptions lmao.  We threw for 3200 yds that year.

Fairweather was our leading receiver in yards and catches this year.  33/350/6TDs is probably one of the better TE season we've had in a while and I think he was name to some All-SEC teams.  I think those stats can easily get to ~600yds and 8-10TDs if we have a better QB or Thorne miraculously improves.   Our attempts were way low too.  I wouldn't be shocked if we throw it 75-100 more times next year.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

So tightends being underused. Is that a qb thing or a coaching thing.  What are you guys opinions?

It's a TE thing. They aren't that good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 5:51 PM, DAG said:

These guys clearly weren’t fitting the bill. So yes. Some fresh blood would be nice. 

It's like freshman don't even have the patience to stay around to give themselves enough time to learn the system, get physically stronger & better before they bolt for elsewhere.   I don't understand the rationale.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, ScotsAU said:

Could be. But Freeze has a major boner for Cobb. If Cobb is third on the depth chart, he’ll still get a decent number of touches. In contrast, if Cobb manages to pass Allston, I’m not as sure Allston remains as involved.

I would hate to lose Cobb. I feel he has major potential :tdau:

• Like 2