Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

Defensive line getting thinner. Need help from Transfer Portal.

These guys clearly weren’t fitting the bill. So yes. Some fresh blood would be nice. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For @aubiefifty and everyone else. This thread is for AU players who enter the portal. Posts on players from other teams entering the portal should go in this thread in the Recruiting Forum. Please & Thank you!

i respect your wishes but i ask the same courtesy el. i messaged you and you ignored me and blew me off. we should all work together.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i respect your wishes but i ask the same courtesy el. i messaged you and you ignored me and blew me off. we should all work together.

@aubiefifty Not replying to a message does not mean you were ignored or blew off. Just didn't feel a reply was necessary.

I had high hopes for Sledge when he signed. Any human that big should be able to play football. 

I suspect however that most of these guys hitting the portal are being encouraged to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I had high hopes for Sledge when he signed. Any human that big should be able to play football. 

I suspect however that most of these guys hitting the portal are being encouraged to look elsewhere. 

Seems like it was rumored that he was thinking about leaving before season last year. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Same. I guess he is this years Maurice Robinson. Just couldn’t find the field. 

42 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Some (not all) players are in the portal for a reason.  They aren't all diamonds in the rough

On 11/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, Win4AU said:

If he couldn’t record a snap this year with as little depth as Auburn had it wasn’t going to work.

Some guys are late bloomers. Him being unable to get any playing time as a redshirt FROSH isn't a big deal. 

Can't write him off just yet.

• Like 4

It was said during a ON3 youtube show some time ago they stated that some guys are expected to hit the portal that Auburn fans maybe don't want to leave. I assumed Hunter or Alston. Then I heard them state that they believed Hunter would come back. So does anyone have an idea who they were referring to?

41 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It was said during a ON3 youtube show some time ago they stated that some guys are expected to hit the portal that Auburn fans maybe don't want to leave. I assumed Hunter or Alston. Then I heard them state that they believed Hunter would come back. So does anyone have an idea who they were referring to?

I doubt either of those two leave. What would be the point? The offense is only going to be better next year.  If Hunter leaves, it would probably because if his draft grade, and obviously not to the portal then.

If Allston transfers, it would have to be because of Cobb. 

Edited by ScotsAU

24 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I doubt either of those two leave. What would be the point? The offense is only going to be better next year.  If Hunter leaves, it would probably because if his draft grade, and obviously not to the portal then.

Or because of NIL opportunities.

12 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I was hoping it wouldn't be Omari Kelly but he has now entered. I guess this was one that could have counted.

I thought Kelly had a lot of potential but he never lived up to it. With the Freshmen class that is coming in I understand why he is leaving.

So far (knock on wood) we haven't had a contributor announce for the portal. Kelly has potential but the opportunity has been wide open and he hasn't made the move up.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

So far (knock on wood) we haven't had a contributor announce for the portal. Kelly has potential but the opportunity has been wide open and he hasn't made the move up.

I think Monday is when the portal official opens. Be interesting to see who jumps in then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think Monday is when the portal official opens. Be interesting to see who jumps in then.

An LSU fan I work with says Mosiah Nasili-Kite is transferring. Anyone seen that?