Hugh Freeze Is Doing Things

Browning4AU

Hugh touched me the other day. get those minds out of the gutter folks it was something inspiring he said..........grins

Just now, DAG said:

Just my .02 cents but religion/politics really should be separated from the sports forums. 

But, do the facts that our staff is very vocal about having a relationship with Christ, uses it in recruiting and some of our recruits are impacted by it change the equation?   For example, the kid that got this class started has been real clear that Freeze's relationship with Christ was a reason he choose Auburn.     

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Finally, something we agree on!!

mornin hank...................

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Good morning!! Hope the day treats you well!!

i am doing well mr hank! thanks for the awesome wishes.

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How much longer will Freezes past transgressions continue to be brought up?

Probably as soon as people who claim they don't care about them stop being them up....which opens the board up to replies

image.png.4dfb849a27ca89886331a7a42a1d4367.png

image.png

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Good point

It's definitely not one-sided wrt who brings up Hugh's past. Many seem to think it is

Edited by W.E.D

17 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

But, do the facts that our staff is very vocal about having a relationship with Christ, uses it in recruiting and some of our recruits are impacted by it change the equation?   For example, the kid that got this class started has been real clear that Freeze's relationship with Christ was a reason he choose Auburn.     

In the world we live it, that doesn't matter. It's like any other subject on the board. People don't have to comment on it or even read the posts. Family and beliefs are a big part of what AU offers. But Hugh's faith as well as Bruce's are a big part if who they are and it's intertwined with how they run their programs. I think it's great and we should be able to discuss it. Those who don't want to don't have to partake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

In the world we live it, that doesn't matter. It's like any other subject on the board. People don't have to comment on it or even read the posts. Family and beliefs are a big part of what AU offers. But Hugh's faith as well as Bruce's are a big part if who they are and it's intertwined with how they run their programs. I think it's great and we should be able to discuss it. Those who don't want to don't have to partake.

Yes, but a specific forum for religious topics would be more appropriate than hijacking a thread on the football forum.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I personally enjoy conversations surrounding faith, religion and spirituality BUT I’m not sure that this is an ideal space for such discussions. We see in this thread how quickly the conversation spirals into a religion specific conversation (and I certainly share in the blame) where no auburn football is mentioned 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

It is very relevant, but the secular world does not want it to be.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Thats totally fine but that does not represent every single person on the team. No different if a coach was an atheist and a player felt affinity for that. Ultimately they are here to perform as student athletes and if they don’t perform, the coach being a Christian will probably mean very little on how things end up. Like I said, I probably would have more empathy if spiritual advocacy is promoted when things aren’t going our ways such as when we lots of people were attacking the Harsin family separate from his on field performance. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

It is very relevant, but the secular world does not want it to be.

And there ya go. The us vs them positioning of so many people of faith proving the point of not a subject that encourages healthy conversation. This good guys vs bad guys is engrained and even celebrated in Christianity. 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

i think asking for prayer if someone needing  support asks for it is ok shrugs i do not worry about it much anyway. hell half the board probably thinks i am going to hell anyway..

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, but a specific forum for religious topics would be more appropriate than hijacking a thread on the football forum.

Totally agree but you are probably too late. This is probably going to continue to decline toward a mod shutdown.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Totally agree but you are probably too late. This is probably going to continue to decline toward a mod shutdown.

maybe not.

why lock a thread?if someone is causing a ruckus why not just remove the person or persons? then no one is butt hurt when a thread gets locked. i say that but i am not sure if it is doable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

And there ya go. The us vs them positioning of so many people of faith proving the point of not a subject that encourages healthy conversation. This good guys vs bad guys is engrained and even celebrated in Christianity. 

NOPE!  True Christians do not war against flesh & blood (people), but against principalities (sin in any form).  The statement you made is us vs. them.

Sorry MODS.  That's my 1 rebuttal. I will not comment in this thread again.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think asking for prayer if someone needing  support asks for it is ok shrugs i do not worry about it much anyway. hell half the board probably thinks i am going to hell anyway..

Look at the big picture! Over half the world doesn't think hell exists so the numbers are all on your side.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said, I probably would have more empathy if spiritual advocacy is promoted when things aren’t going our ways such as when we lots of people were attacking the Harsin family separate from his on field performance. 

Ppl like to pick their winners and loser abd treat them as such

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Maybe I’m the one who hikacked it with my first post by my broken man comment but the intent was regarding coaching as much as anything. I usually would apologize for being the cause of a something like that but in this case I won’t. (And I know that’s not what you asked for Mikey). My personal feelings are echoed all through this thread so I think there are plenty who are interested in the conversation, just on a separate forum and that’s okay by me. ..see @LPTiger earlier post suggesting that. It is relevant however if the player brings up the conversation regarding faith. Dag is one who will have the conversation but definitely wants the separation from sports. I can respect that. The point that many of us, on either side of this, are able to have a healthy conversation is pretty cool imo. I love our current coaches, they are truly impressive in they way they are going about their lives and their jobs. War Eagle!

Edited by gr82be
Spelling
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

NOPE!  True Christians do not war against flesh & blood (people), but against principalities (sin in any form).  The statement you made is us vs. them.

Sorry MODS.  That's my 1 rebuttal. I will not comment in this thread again.

Fascinating that you would use the differentiation example of “ true Christian” to explain away the us vs them theological distortion found in so many religious tribes. Btw..Out of the 40,000 plus Christian denominations which ones are the “true Christians” ???