Hugh Freeze Is Doing Things

Browning4AU

i posted the Perry doc on the dailies but i did not see it posted here. i agree with G it is powerful stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

It’s looking a whole lot like we got it right this time. Good and positive things happening in recruiting. While NIL is a game changer for Auburn, Hugh Freeze is showing he’s more than capable of handling the role as the steward of Auburn football. It just might be that we needed a broken man to fix a broken program and I think we are going to see the rise and redemption of both.

I truly hope so.

27 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Last year, some people on AUFAMILY were so offended over the Freeze hire that they left the site, some vowing to eschew AU football forever.

I hope time has softened them up, so they can see Freeze deserved a 2nd chance, and we needed a head coach with his experience and leadership qualities.  Thus far, it seems to have worked out well for both sides.

I didn't want us to hire Freeze. It took me about 2 weeks to realize that he was what we needed.  I've got to think most folks have come around.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

It’s looking a whole lot like we got it right this time. Good and positive things happening in recruiting. While NIL is a game changer for Auburn, Hugh Freeze is showing he’s more than capable of handling the role as the steward of Auburn football. It just might be that we needed a broken man to fix a broken program and I think we are going to see the rise and redemption of both.

Great post right here. Nailed it 

• Thanks 1

I like it. But now is the time to be carefully focused on doing things right because the other side will manufacturer, create and slander to slow our roll. If we're ready and prepared we can flip it back on them. In summary, be prepared for what the other side may launch at us.

• Like 6

• WarTiger changed the title to Hugh Freeze Is Doing Things
9 hours ago, gr82be said:

He’s certainly earning his opportunity..

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Just to be totally honest, the “moral high ground” people who refuse to accept CHF because of his past mistakes don’t know the same Jesus I do.   It’s been around 8 years and he has shown genuine repentance and a renewed character and humility.   He has openly shared about his mistakes and even more importantly, the lessons he’s learned from them and how others can learn so they don’t repeat his mistakes.  

We all make mistakes, lots of mistakes, big mistakes, and Jesus died in our place so we can be forgiven and redeemed!   CHF understands that a whole lot better than the folks that shun him because his mistakes are more public than theirs.  

Sorry y’all.  I’m stepping down from my soapbox now.

No apology necessary, brother. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Just to be totally honest, the “moral high ground” people who refuse to accept CHF because of his past mistakes don’t know the same Jesus I do.   It’s been around 8 years and he has shown genuine repentance and a renewed character and humility.   He has openly shared about his mistakes and even more importantly, the lessons he’s learned from them and how others can learn so they don’t repeat his mistakes.  

We all make mistakes, lots of mistakes, big mistakes, and Jesus died in our place so we can be forgiven and redeemed!   CHF understands that a whole lot better than the folks that shun him because his mistakes are more public than theirs.  

I love this post. Forgiveness is the key here. Public or not. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Freeze wasn’t my first choice, but then I’m in the medical field, not athletics. :) What I did recognize was that Freeze was a man who had once been successful in the SEC, then had it taken away. He was a man in search of redemption. Auburn was in much the same situation; a once proud program fallen on hard times. It is the perfect combination. I see great things in our future. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Evangelicalism and college football. A lucrative game for all to worship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Evangelicalism and college football. A lucrative game for all to worship. 

I roll my eyes at those who can show grace with  freeze but can’t show grace for Harsin/Malzahn. Neither here nor there. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I’m confused by this. Maybe because I don’t see the correlation between one’s past and the other two’s ineptitude. I definitely don’t hold contempt for Gus because I honestly feel he was trying. Harsin just simply didn’t do his job at all. I don’t have a lot of forgiveness for that but if there’s something else in his personal life that warrants forgiveness I’d certainly be willing. What Hugh Freeze has done is publicly own up to his failures and has publicly shown redemptive action. I applaud him for that because that takes courage. When has Harsin done anything but fan the flames since he left?

The point is if you are promoting Jesus, it doesn’t matter if they own up to it. This is the same Jesus who still asked his LORD to omit his killers of their guilt while he was hanging on a cross

and they were mocking him.  But bigger then that, I wish we could just let football be football and religion be religion . 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The point is if you are promoting Jesus, it doesn’t matter if they own up to it. This is the same Jesus who still asked his LORD to omit his killers of their guilt while he was hanging on a cross

and they were mocking him.  But bigger than that, I wish we could just let football be football and religion be religion . 

Absolutely but I definitely fall short in that because I look for something from the person that doesn’t continue the same pattern. One last point from me on forgiveness of sins. Jesus died for our sins but if one asks for forgiveness and keeps on practicing the same sin he is in effect putting Jesus back on the cross because he wasn’t sincere. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Absolutely but I definitely fall short in that because I look for something from the person that doesn’t continue the same pattern. One last point from me on forgiveness of sins. Jesus died for our sins but if one asks for forgiveness and keeps on practicing the same sin he is in effect putting Jesus back on the cross because he wasn’t sincere. 

I respect your outlook on it big tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Always enjoy interacting with you and I should do it more. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I struggle with forgiveness badly. But not for people outside my circle. Forgiveness for Freeze is easy for me, but if his wife was my sister... it'd prolly never happen.

HF wasn't my first choice but he seems to be doing well and as far as we know has changed his life since his downfall. I'm rooting for him and hoping to see Auburn return to being a feared team!

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Agreed man.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DAG said:

G is one of the best cats on here.............

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Preach on preacher.

• Like 5

On 12/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, WillMunny said:

Last year, some people on AUFAMILY were so offended over the Freeze hire that they left the site, some vowing to eschew AU football forever.

I hope time has softened them up, so they can see Freeze deserved a 2nd chance, and we needed a head coach with his experience and leadership qualities.  Thus far, it seems to have worked out well for both sides.

Bonus points for "eschew", well done 👏 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, creed said:

I like it. But now is the time to be carefully focused on doing things right because the other side will manufacturer, create and slander to slow our roll. If we're ready and prepared we can flip it back on them. In summary, be prepared for what the other side may launch at us.

This is where a strong AD's job is recognized by having checks and balances in place to control the overal operations of the athletic department. Let's face it, the AD is the "top dog", regardless of pay and when the other side tries to tarnish our athletic department they should be prepared to defend and call out the other side.

• Like 1