*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not factoring in recruiting, How confident are yall freeze is the right coach or do yall need more time to tell?

I think he'll do fine, actually. We have some really bad football players on this team.

Number one, you have to play this game like you give a damn. Not much give a damn am I seeing out of many of these players. 

Number two, see number one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Cobb is the best RB on the team. Prove me wrong.

Been saying this all year.  Weird he didn't see much action of the 2nd half of the season

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Last throw got away from him but he natural in the pocket man.

It looked like the two receivers thought the other one had it. Really odd finish to that. I thought Hooks pulled up. 
Brown is Hugh’s recruit. He seems to be a gamer. Maybe white will develop as well. 

Just now, Headland Tiger said:

Im not responding to any if the snark comments on my posts. I’ll let results speak for themselves now and going forward. I heard all the same stuff about Gus…”give him time” “just needs a QB”  “just needs an OL” etc etc etc

Yes today is “just” a bowl game. Was New Mexico State just a bowl game? 

Yeah we played bama close…so did Harsin his first year. How did that work out?

Worse than this year did 

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not factoring in recruiting, How confident are yall freeze is the right coach or do yall need more time to tell?

Freeze is not the right coach.  Never was.  He's a placeholder until the coach replacement fund can be replenished and we make another bad hire.  That much should be obvious to everyone by now.  

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1

Brown had a lot more time then Thorne or Geriner so I am not going to go all goo goo eyed over him. But still liked what I saw in not locking in on a receiver.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Headland Tiger said:

Im not responding to any if the snark comments on my posts. I’ll let results speak for themselves now and going forward. I heard all the same stuff about Gus…”give him time” “just needs a QB”  “just needs an OL” etc etc etc

Yeah we should probably fire the guy after one year and landing us the 7th ranked recruiting class

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A'ight. We're set up good now. Great showing. Has to be good for our brand. The future is bright. Good game. War Eagle.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Freeze is not the right coach.  Never was.  He's a placeholder until the coach replacement fund can be replenished and we make another bad hire.  That much should be obvious to everyone by now.  

Why are you still here? Fly away little bird. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think he'll do fine, actually. We have some really bad football players on this team.

Number one, you have to play this game like you give a damn. Not much give a damn am I seeing out of many of these players. 

Number two, see number one.

The young guys came in and played with a little more gusto. I think Hugh’s recruits will turn out to be really good players. 

• Like 4

Lets hope we can pick up some people in the Portal. I expect a lot of freshmen will play next year. 

Just now, shabby said:

Yeah we should probably fire the guy after one year and landing us the 7th ranked recruiting class

Not one place did I say a single word about firing him. Not one. Im accustomed to Auburn being Auburn at this point. Is what it is. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Absolutely not. That will happen in year three. 🤪

Just now, KansasTiger said:

If Hugh Freeze has taught me anything throughout, it's that he won't let this display by Hank phase his determination to play Thorne.

Yep.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

A'ight. We're set up good now. Great showing. Has to be good for our brand. The future is bright. Good game. War Eagle.

How much did you drink ?? lol great post 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Headland Tiger said:

Gus is Gus and Hugh is Hugh. Hugh story is still being wrote. Like it or not Gus coached 8 years at Auburn and never had a losing season. He was good for 8 wins more often than not. Hopefully CHF can fix this game day stuff. He has done well at recruiting. Turning down wireless communications is wild and he admitted that he hasn’t completely figured out the portal. All we can do is hope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Brown had a lot more time then Thorne or Geriner so I am not going to go all goo goo eyed over him. But still liked what I saw in not locking in on a receiver.

He did as they didn’t blitz but Brown was decisive and quickly go through progressions. Looked the best at Qb

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

If Hugh Freeze has taught me anything throughout, it's that he won't let this display by Hank phase his determination to play Thorne.

This . Just a complete moron 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Guys Freeze/Malzahn are likely the best we can realistically get until Dinky retires (which could be another decade), and that's if they don't land a home run replacement. The bright side is that our region has so much talent that we can absolutely land strong classes in the meantime.

Edited by AUwent