*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

I hate how the game played out.  I don’t hate it for myself as an alum, but for our seniors with everything they have been through.

I believe Freeze still deserves time.  This season was never going to be a great season, no matter who the coach was.

Help is on the way.  Our recruiting is going to get us back on track, BUT remember those guys are only 17-19 years old.  They will need time to develop.

Lastly, I am still incredibly proud to be an Auburn Tiger.  War Damn.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Gus is Gus and Hugh is Hugh. Hugh story is still being wrote. Like it or not Gus coached 8 years at Auburn and never had a losing season. He was good for 8 wins more often than not. Hopefully CHF can fix this game day stuff. He has done well at recruiting. Turning down wireless communications is wild and he admitted that he hasn’t completely figured out the portal. All we can do is hope.

All we ever have is hope 😢

• Like 2

Just now, AUwent said:

Guys Freeze/Malzahn are likely the best we can realistically get until Dinky retires, and that's if they don't land someone on the caliber of Lanning. The bright side is that our region has so much talent that we can absolutely land strong classes in the meantime.

Wrong. We could have hired a plethora of good coaches, including Kiffin, Lanning if we wanted to pay enough, and possibly Dabo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I hate how the game played out.  I don’t hate it for myself as an alum, but for our seniors with everything they have been through.

I believe Freeze still deserves time.  This season was never going to be a great season, no matter who the coach was.

Help is on the way.  Our recruiting is going to get us back on track, BUT remember those guys are only 17-19 years old.  They will need time to develop.

Lastly, I am still incredibly proud to be an Auburn Tiger.  War Damn.  

So predictable from our fans. Wash, rinse, repeat. Im sure you mean well but this refrain is played put at Auburn. We are in Miss St territory now.

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

He did as they didn’t blitz but Brown was decisive and quickly go through progressions. Looked the best at Qb

He didn’t seem to be searching for WRs. He went through his reads EXPECTING the WRs to be where they were supposed to be. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Well folks. Last game thread until next year.  Looking forward to our late signees, spring and. A successful 2024 season.  War Eagle Forever. 

It was a lot of fun to read through, just like the last few years. 

IMG_4105.gif

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Wrong. We could have hired a plethora of good coaches, including Kiffin, Lanning if we wanted to pay enough, and possibly Dabo.

Not true. They have to want to come here and they didn’t. Stop spewing these lies

Just now, Headland Tiger said:

So predictable from our fans. Wash, rinse, repeat. Im sure you mean well but this refrain is played put at Auburn. We are in Miss St territory now.

You are right. Fire Freeze (after one season). Crawl into the closet and start cutting. Fight off depression. Become a bammer fan. Be healed…

For the love of man, if you guys could just beg your women not to tie their affection to whether or not AU wins, you’d be much happier. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Guys Freeze/Malzahn are likely the best we can realistically get until Dinky retires (which could be another decade), and that's if they don't land a home run replacement. The bright side is that our region has so much talent that we can absolutely land strong classes in the meantime.

And it absolutely frustrates the heck out of me.  

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

And it absolutely frustrates the heck out of me.  

I agree but gotta keep our precious rivalries, don't we? 😁

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

That's better than what we've seen from Thorne the past 3 games...

I admit, Brown looked good. Alot better than Thorne tbh. One has started in Big10 and SEC for 3 years and looked bad. One hasn't thrown a college pass until today and looked poised and he has zip on his passes. 

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Brown had a lot more time then Thorne or Geriner so I am not going to go all goo goo eyed over him. But still liked what I saw in not locking in on a receiver.

Not sure he had more time. He just seemed to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball. Our receivers can't catch anything contested and everything PT throws is contested. That doesn't excuse receivers dropping balls that hit them in the hands. However, Brown was making quick decisions and zipping the ball in. Receivers had a much cleaner look. Hell, even the bad passes were caught. The RB had to reach back and snag a ball thrown behind him with one hand, but he also knew that he didn't have a guy ready to light him up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

I admit, Brown looked good. Alot better than Thorne tbh. One has started in Big10 and SEC for 3 years and looked bad. One hasn't thrown a college pass until today and looked poised and he has zip on his passes. 

So Brown got in.

What about Geriner?

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Insiders, shmimsiders More often wrong than not

Good point. So your argument is you simply don't want to believe them. Not that you have info that refutes that. 

• Like 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Good point. So your argument is you simply don't want to believe them. Not that you have info that refutes that. 

Not that they have info that makes me want to believe them 

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Hey, you either believe our insiders or not. I didn't come up with that list. @cbo @DAG

talk about throwing your buddies under the bus...............lol

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I don't know how anybody still fully trust Hugh at this point, next year he has got a lot of making up to do before he even sniffs trust at this point when it comes to coaching... I'm glad he is doing good on High School recruiting and repairing relationships there but that's not all college football is.

Thank you. He wants to recruit and teach. The problem with that is, college ball is no longer set up that way to wait a year or more to develop the most important position. I mean look at Kiffin. He knows the portal is becoming even more important in order to keep pace and that’s why OM is years ahead of us, as are plenty of other SEC teams. Extremely difficult for me to even look forward to next year, based on what I saw this season and today. I’m not suggesting we fire him, but he just can’t be given as long a tenure as GM was, without year in an year out positive results. Just my 2 cents. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

So Brown got in.

What about Geriner?

he did