Will we see more staff changes?

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

Durkin, solid coordinator.  Attacking style defense.  Defense was not why A&M didn't win 10 or 11 games this year.  He had one bad game and fixed that (after Miami).    He's active on the sidelines.

Does Kiffin have any tangible play calling experience? That’s my concern there. Chemistry is great but I’m guessing calling a defense is hard, so experience seems important. Maybe Kiffin is a defensive genius. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viper said:

Like others discussed above, Greg Pratt died practicing under Dye. So Dye and/or his assistant(s) caused Pratt to die?

Have you seen "Swamp Kings"? There were scores of FL players who were pushed to the brink by Meyer and staff. Was Meyer trying to cause death?

In recent memory, there's been two college bball players who nearly died due to pre-existing heart conditions. If either or both had died at practice or a game (Keyontae Johnson nearly did) prior to a pre-existing heart condition ever surfacing, it automatically gets ruled as the coach causing death?

I was a student then and heard the ambulance that day.  Very sad.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Too much entitlement with kids. They feel like they and their parents call the shots now at most programs. Wasn’t that way 40 years ago. Can you see any player revolting against Dye?

If Durkin’s “blackballing” by Maryland players was that bad, he wouldn’t have been hired by Ole Miss and Texas A&M. He would have been sent to Liberty to rehab first.

Science has pretty much confirmed the entitled kids thing to be a complete myth. Every “generation” says it about younger ones. In fact, I have close colleagues that have done generations research. Generations in general have no predictive power behind studying population growth and decline. People are generally the same as they’ve been for a very long time. As such, the whole “they’re just a bunch of entitled kids” argument doesn’t really hold up. Would be happy to provide peer reviewed citations if necessary because I’m very familiar with this research. 

But let’s consider that argument as valid for a second.  Let’s assume kids are just entitled now. Wouldn’t that matter in establishing a culture? If the premise that they’re entitled brats is true, that means coaches have to account for that when building a program’s culture or risk losing the team.

Also, for a final point, look at other programs. Are mass numbers of players at other schools walking out of team meetings on the regular? Obviously something that was said in that meeting at a minimum rubbed his team the wrong way. Is it a sign of a cultural problem? Not necessarily. It could have been one thing he said wrong in that meeting. But it is still suspicious. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Science has pretty much confirmed the entitled kids thing to be a complete myth. Every “generation” says it about younger ones. In fact, I have close colleagues that have done generations research. Generations in general have no predictive power behind studying population growth and decline. People are generally the same as they’ve been for a very long time. As such, the whole “they’re just a bunch of entitled kids” argument doesn’t really hold up.

But let’s consider that argument as valid for a second.  Let’s assume kids are just entitled now. Wouldn’t that matter in establishing a culture? If the premise that they’re entitled brats is true, that means coaches have to account for that when building a program’s culture or risk losing the team.

Also, for a final point, look at other programs. Are mass numbers of players at other schools walking out of team meetings on the regular? Obviously something that was said in that meeting at a minimum rubbed his team the wrong way. Is it a sign of a cultural problem? Not necessarily. It could have been one thing he said wrong in that meeting. But it is still suspicious. 

Must be the “older folks” ruining the next generation (they are the only ones left to blame if you remove the younger ones as a possible answer). Maybe we just got to wait awhile to get a definitive answer. Lol

Edited by Hank2020

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Science has pretty much confirmed the entitled kids thing to be a complete myth. Every “generation” says it about younger ones. In fact, I have close colleagues that have done generations research. Generations in general have no predictive power behind studying population growth and decline. People are generally the same as they’ve been for a very long time. As such, the whole “they’re just a bunch of entitled kids” argument doesn’t really hold up. Would be happy to provide peer reviewed citations if necessary because I’m very familiar with this research. 

That old science and that old research has failed to take into consideration NIL and the transfer portal. All one has to research is Quinn Ewers. He didn’t get the starting nod at OSU, so he took his ball and dough to Texas and they gave him a new ball and more dough. THAT’S the entitlement and power they now have.

And THAT’S mostly why Saban took his ball and went home. He no longer held complete power over his players. The table has now been leveled, much to his chagrin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Also, for a final point, look at other programs. Are mass numbers of players at other schools walking out of team meetings on the regular?

17 players left Georgia last season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

17 players left Georgia last season.

And how many of those players claimed abuse or walked out of a meeting on Kirby? 
They left UGA for better opportunities for money or play time. They didn’t leave UGA because they found their coach abusive.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

That old science and that old research has failed to take into consideration NIL and the transfer portal. All one has to research is Quinn Ewers. He didn’t get the starting nod at OSU, so he took his ball and dough to Texas and they gave him a new ball and more dough. THAT’S the entitlement and power they now have.

And THAT’S mostly why Saban took his ball and went home. He no longer held complete power over his players. The table has now been leveled, much to his chagrin. 

I don’t see how the two things you are talking about are comparable at all. Do you mean to tell me you’ve never left a company for an opportunity to make more money? That’s all this transfer portal stuff is. When they opened NIL and the transfer portal, they made playing college football very similar to employment. People have always followed more money. That’s not a generational thing. It is predicted partially by age and socioeconomic status. Younger people are always more likely to jump around until they feel financially comfortable. People that make less money tend to jump around because they never feel financially comfortable. A lot of football players are both of these things. They’re very young, and many of them come from lower SES backgrounds. So, yes… the opportunity of more money is enticing. It is a system problem, not a generational one. 

…And that certainly doesn’t have anything to do with concerns over a team’s culture. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, the paint dried. Grass is still dormant, so having to move on to something else waiting for the DC hire. 

Suggestions? 

25 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Well, the paint dried. Grass is still dormant, so having to move on to something else waiting for the DC hire. 

Suggestions? 

Change your HVAC filters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Change your HVAC filters. 

Good one. 👍 Already did. Too many folks overlook that simple maintenance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Is Ellis Johnson available to coach the defense?

Yes. We can pay him in Yankee beans.

67C39BDB-091B-49FE-87B8-DD0D3BF6E091.jpeg

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I’d like to see those peer reviewed studies.  You can just message me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

I’d like to see those peer reviewed studies.  You can just message me. 

Done. One is just an abstract, but I can perhaps download the full article from my university library if you want it.

7 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Given the declines in children raised in two parent homes over the last 40 years (from over 2/3 down to less than 1/3 in the black community), I find it hard to believe that there is not a demonstrable difference in the maturity, preparedness, intelligence and ability of today's 18 - 22 year olds relative to past generations.   

38 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Given the declines in children raised in two parent homes over the last 40 years (from over 2/3 down to less than 1/3 in the black community), I find it hard to believe that there is not a demonstrable difference in the maturity, preparedness, intelligence and ability of today's 18 - 22 year olds relative to past generations.   

Well there isn’t. Feel free to pm me if you want research articles. 

As an added note, intelligence is actually increasing, and has been for years. See the Flynn effect for more info.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

So nothing new huh? Thinking Durkin at this point. 

Site mods currently throwing their proverbial shat at the wall

Tate claiming Kiffin was to interview yesterday.

Hoke claiming our Admin is against Durkin, but if Hugh pushed hard enough we would hire him.

247 claiming a mix of the two.

I'm guessing all the best insiders are claiming how godly Durkin is and know exactly what's going on, but we'll never know since our donations aren't good enough and we messed up by having the "wrong" opinion and not attacking the "right" family members of players

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Site mods currently throwing their proverbial shat at the wall

Tate claiming Kiffin was to interview yesterday.

Hoke claiming our Admin is against Durkin, but if Hugh pushed hard enough we would hire him.

247 claiming a mix of the two.

I'm guessing all the best insiders are claiming how godly Durkin is and know exactly what's going on, but we'll never know since our donations aren't good enough and we messed up by having the "wrong" opinion and not attacking the "right" family members of players

No hidden message with this one.

12 hours ago, AU120289 said:

Suggestions? 

Try a laxative!

Tate was right, Kiffin did formally interview yesterday.

Durkin is up there in the mix with Kiffin.  They are clearly the top two candidates.  But I think you'd have to say that if Durkin was the top choice, he'd have been hired already.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to know that some folks involved in this want to vet Durkin a bit more for details on the Maryland situation and how people who worked with him at OM and A&M the last four years or so feel about him.  

I think it's not hard to infer that it doesn't go past these two unless the contract demands are outrageous and/or vetting turns up something of concern with Durkin.  Then I think Arnett, Symons and maybe others come into play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Try a laxative!

That would be a recommendation for CHF. It would speed things up. 🤪

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AU120289 said:

Suggestions? 

You could try watching a pot boil 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 1