Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

…..so they both owned us? 

Bruhhh Kermit was 4 and 6 vs us at ole miss. Buzz is 5-2 vs AU. Facts over feelings fam.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I noticed that too. I don't know the reason why I just hope he keeps it up 

Remember hearing Coach Pearl say in a radio post game that some of the coaches had worked with him with his free throws. They had him flatten his arc out and it made a big improvement. Notice next time at the line.

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Auburn's depth is just so impressive. Starters Two (the bench team) scored 40 of the 82 points against OM. And that depth enables Auburn to play really hard defensively.

But Auburn still has only played one Quad 1 team and lost that game (Baylor). Now it is time to step up to play next level opponents.

I don't understand the Quad system.  OM is ranked.

How is that not a high level beat down?!?

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I don't understand the Quad system.  OM is ranked.

How is that not a high level beat down?!?

The AP poll doesn’t matter at all when it comes to the formula of what win is a Quad 1, 2 etc kind of win. That is why. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The AP poll doesn’t matter at all when it comes to the formula of what win is a Quad 1, 2 etc kind of win. That is why. 

If you have to explain it…they won’t ever get it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruhhh Kermit was 4 and 6 vs us at ole miss. Buzz is 5-2 vs AU. Facts over feelings fam.

...So that goes into what I said in the post you originally quoted. He was good for an upset every couple seasons. There's actual entire seasons where they beat us. I don't understand what's the point of arguing an empirically correct point - Buzz Williams having a better record against Auburn, does not invalidate the fact that, Kermit beat Auburn, in upsets, every few seasons. 

It's just arguing to argue 

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

...So that goes into what I said in the post you originally quoted. He was good for an upset every couple seasons. There's actual entire seasons where they beat us. I don't understand what's the point of arguing an empirically correct point - Buzz Williams having a better record against Auburn, does not invalidate the fact that, Kermit beat Auburn, in upsets, every few seasons. 

It's just arguing to argue 

You said Kermit owned us. He did not. In fact he had a losing record vs AU.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

Remember hearing Coach Pearl say in a radio post game that some of the coaches had worked with him with his free throws. They had him flatten his arc out and it made a big improvement. Notice next time at the line.

That flat arc is obvious when Caldwell shoots free throws,now.  His mechanics are way different this year.  He holds the ball above his head and lets is go with hand & wrist action, no arm movement to get out of synch and drift the ball left or right.  He's so tall that he really doesn't need arc because it's almost like he's shooting down hill.  It is really important to his offense because opponents used to hack-foul to stop his shots and rebounds. Opponents knew he could not hit free throws.  Now, he gets a 2 point shot +1 FT, 2 FTs, or a 1+1  that's likely to go in.

Would like to see the coaches break him of dribbling before he goes to the basket.  He got away with it once on Saturday but he usually turns it over.  It is a habit that is left over from high school, when he wasn't so big and defenses were less talented.  It is a key offensive difference between Broome and Caldwell.  Broome spins, steps and goes straight at the basket.  That's what I want Caldwell to do, which should work for him, now that the charging rule has changed and he doesn't have to worry about crushing an opponent with his monster size body.  They better get out of his way.

This team really reminds me of 2019.  This is just plain fun to watch.  And I know that is easy to say with us winning, but I think I would say that even in a loss. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

This team really reminds me of 2019.  This is just plain fun to watch.  And I know that is easy to say with us winning, but I think I would say that even in a loss. 

I would say they were pretty fun for about 80% of the Baylor loss. When it deevolved to them just running right past us to the rim and Aden taking 35 foot bricks bc we couldn’t generate any other offense…not as fun 

Thankfully, that hasn’t happened too much since then! 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You said Kermit owned us. He did not. In fact he had a losing record vs AU.

Like I said, arguing to argue. This is my original post: "as anyone who was watching during those Kermit days can attest - this team was good for one upset against us every 2 seasons, if not more often. Once they came out in that zone down double digits, I got PTSD honestly. 

You somehow interpreted the word owned out of that, apparently multiple times. YOU brought that word up, I didn't. 

Great game. Especially Dylan. Was I the only one hoping he would sneak out and drain a 3? The crowd would have blown the roof off!

• Love 1