Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Just now, Grumps said:

image.png

25 points, 8 Rebounds, and 5 assists from the 5 spot is a productive and good night. It also means that it isn't a must that Broome is on the floor. Need to limit TOs(8) though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is the kind of start that puts us in a great spot for another reg season SEC championship. And it's great to see Bama get crushed as well. 😘

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Baylor yes, Kansas I don't think so. Only one more loss than us and Kansas has a few really good wins. Plus they're Kansas, which I think will unfortunately matter

Kansas is certainly the media darling of college basketball... 

• Haha 1

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Kansas is certainly the media darling of college basketball... 

I like to hate on them pretty often bc of that reason, but to have a conference as good as the B12 in a stranglehold every season - I get it yknow? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like to hate on them pretty often bc of that reason, but to have a conference as good as the B12 in a stranglehold every season - I get it yknow? 

Yeah, I agree. I hope they lose every game they play though, that's how I feel about them as a program, Lol. 

• Like 3

I don’t close my eyes anymore when Cardwell shoots free throws. It’s been almost miraculous how much better he is this year

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

This is the kind of start that puts us in a great spot for another reg season SEC championship. And it's great to see Bama get crushed as well. 😘

image.png

Auburn hasn't for some reason shot well in Turdosseum in the past. This bama team can score quickly and a lot. Plus it will be in their gym. On ball defense better be on point. Stop the drives before they get downhill. Because that is when they will kick it out for a three. 

• Like 3

Great win, great week! Took care of business, and had a lot of teams ahead of us lose. Now we have to get ready for a really tough week coming up.

• Like 1

History tells me to get ready for a beatdown vs bammer.  All the positive signs of this team points to it…🤣

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

History tells me to get ready for a beatdown vs bammer.  All the positive signs of this team points to it…🤣

We might get beat but it won't be a beatdown. That said I think we can beat bama.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We might get beat but it won't be a beatdown. That said I think we can beat bama.

But can we beat the whistles?

Last season was horrendous at their place.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

But can we beat the whistles?

Last season was horrendous at their place.

I still remember it well. Still mad about that one. We were that close to raining on their parade, but the refs bailed them out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Auburn hasn't for some reason shot well in Turdosseum in the past. This bama team can score quickly and a lot. Plus it will be in their gym. On ball defense better be on point. Stop the drives before they get downhill. Because that is when they will kick it out for a three. 

I think Auburn can replicate what Tennessee did. U just have to run them off the three point line . Their game is predicated on jacking up three’s 

• Like 1

War Damn Eaaaaaagle bay baaaaay!!!!!!!!!! 🏀💙🧡🐯🐅🦅 yesssirrrrrr!!!

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

• Haha 3

Auburn's depth is just so impressive. Starters Two (the bench team) scored 40 of the 82 points against OM. And that depth enables Auburn to play really hard defensively.

But Auburn still has only played one Quad 1 team and lost that game (Baylor). Now it is time to step up to play next level opponents.

as anyone who was watching during those Kermit days can attest - this team was good for one upset against us every 2 seasons, if not more often. Once they came out in that zone down double digits, I got PTSD honestly. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AURex said:

Auburn's depth is just so impressive. Starters Two (the bench team) scored 40 of the 82 points against OM. And that depth enables Auburn to play really hard defensively.

But Auburn still has only played one Quad 1 team and lost that game (Baylor). Now it is time to step up to play next level opponents.

Speaking of Quad 1, currently #6 in NET. Tenn is #4. Looking at who’s currently ahead of us, we’re prob top 3-4 at least if that App St game goes a bit differently. I hope that thorn continues to be motivation for the guys 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

Wow! Those are SAVAGE! I love it!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

Oh so good!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Duke, Kansas, and Baylor go down! Wonder if we're top 8 tomorrow...

I'm guessing we will be in the 8-9 range in both polls.

I think this may be the most fun team I’ve ever watched for Auburn.  Got the sense the team that hit #1 a few years back had peaked early - don’t feel that way at all about this team!  They’re beating the teams they’re supposed to beat the way they should. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jluvah said:

I don’t close my eyes anymore when Cardwell shoots free throws. It’s been almost miraculous how much better he is this year

I noticed that too. I don't know the reason why I just hope he keeps it up 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

as anyone who was watching during those Kermit days can attest - this team was good for one upset against us every 2 seasons, if not more often. Once they came out in that zone down double digits, I got PTSD honestly. 

The Kermit owned us narrative is overblown. Buzz has owned us way more than Kermit ever did.

• Like 1