Men vs UK Game Thread

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate that POS was here for this one!!!! Dude gets so much glee from trashing us. Not a peep out of him Wednesday but he will have a lot to say about this one… 

Damn, you’re easy. 😂

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate hate haaaaaaaaaaate that POS was here for this one!!!! Dude gets so much glee from trashing us. Not a peep out of him Wednesday but he will have a lot to say about this one… 

Who?

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Asssuming we don't get the veteran point guard we've needed for like a decade now (not literally but you get what I mean), I have to hope that Pettiford can be like a Rob Dilly or Reed Shephard. That kid needs to be ready to play day ONE. 

We still don't have a 3, or 4 that can drive the ball off the dribble. It's been a problem for a while now. Flanigan could drive quite well, but was terrible at finishing. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Denver not a PG I'd rather live and die with Aden running 2nd unit point. 

I just don't feel like Denver is any sort of threat as a lead ball handler. He's not gonna finish at the rack, he's not gonna break someone down and get a good look for himself or someone else, and his handles are subpar for a lead guard

All that is definitely true, but they needed the KD and Denver backcourt for defensive purposes (especially once it was clear Tre was going to be a non-factor on both ends). They're not even in this game without the defense Denver played today, and I think he made more 3s than the rest of the team combined lol (not saying a ton but). 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

And here come our “fans” who only show up when we lose…. Embarrassing.

Yep I'm done doing game threads and play by play. Since there are better options out there. Somebody else can do it. I'm out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tigers23 said:

Ugly from the tip. Not ready to play

Never had the lead which is surprising.

plenty of open shots just missed

It really boils down to the fact that we never led this even once at all. It can be a massive mental block if you never had a lead in this game at all. It’s really different when you had a lead at least once because it could be an influence where you know you’re able to take a lead on them. Even in the road Alabama game — we never took a lead in the second half so we had some moments where we were really close but never got over the hump. This was another example of it. These boys will be fine though.

10 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Basketball is such a crap shoot, over 300 D-1 teams compared to NCAAF where the power 5 dynamic features about 60 teams whereby only 20-30 can truly win a championship.  

I disagree with you on the "slipping away from a potential championship."  I think it's obvious this team's ceiling probably isn't championship, but Auburn basketball is becoming a perennial top 4 SEC team; you have to have that reputation to keep the recruiting cycles going to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.  One great point guard or two good shooters away from making another 2019 run in either 2025-2026.  I still think this team ends up in the Sweet 16 though.

Would love to see a run like that 

Guard play just isn't there. Got to have good guard play to make a run in March. Need to hit recruiting Bruce. And don't stop 

• Like 2

well i had huge hopes but i still love my tigers. i hope our man is ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

Ugly from the tip. Not ready to play

Some of the rotations were perplexing. there were times you had Chris Moore, Chaney T. and Aden on the floor at once so you got 2 guys playing offense.

Just an off shooting night, really off night.  Can’t beat anyone shooting 31%. 
Gotta leave it behind and go on to the next one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Answer the question, newbie…

How long I’ve been watching AU basketball? Probably started around 95-96, somewhere around there. So, 12 years old. Is that an appropriate age to start watching the evolution of the current state of Auburn Basketball?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Guard play just isn't there. Got to have good guard play to make a run in March. Need to hit recruiting Bruce. And don't stop 

And stop recruiting under-sized guards. If we aren’t hitting from outside, they’re a non-factor offensively.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Exactly, the NBA seems to give four steps versus the allowed 2. Sports at the college and pro levels is no longer as fun to watch. I grew up watching the NFL in the 70’s. Tom Brady would have lasted maybe 4 seasons in that era. I’ve been following AU football since the late 70’s as well, but I honestly find myself much less entertained by college ball anymore, after all of the changes. 

If the rules-based traveling rules had been enforced correctly by the NBA, the ESPN series "The Last Dance" would have been totally focused on Marilyn Monroe.

Just now, TigerPAC said:

Just an off shooting night, really off night.  Can’t beat anyone shooting 31%. 
Gotta leave it behind and go on to the next one 

Have we Wednesday off so that should be a big help to get ready for Georgia 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And here come our “fans” who only show up when we lose…. Embarrassing.

I personally love complaining about Auburn ball, and did a good bit of it after that week of Bama-MSU losses. But the posts that are just a "haha I'm validated now because my team dropped a game"...what do you gain from that type of post 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

How long I’ve been watching AU basketball? Probably started around 95-96, somewhere around there. So, 12 years old. Is that an appropriate age to watch the evolution of Auburn Basketball?

did you have a note form your mom back then?

• Haha 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Aden was a McDonalds All American…. Recruiting has been fine. No one saw Aden hitting this big of a wall in sec play. He is not even doing what he does best which is shooting the 3. It sucks. 

Just now, aucom96 said:

And stop recruiting under-sized guards. If we aren’t hitting from outside, they’re a non-factor offensively.

Maybe, or at least the ones who aren't afraid to go down the lane or create points. Jared Harper was the best at that. If we needed a bucket he was getting it or getting the foul. 

• Like 2