Men vs UK Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep I'm done doing game threads and play by play. Since there are better options out there. Somebody else can do it. I'm out. 

I appreciate what you do Mav 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

How long I’ve been watching AU basketball? Probably started around 95-96, somewhere around there. So, 12 years old. Is that an appropriate age to watch the evolution of Auburn Basketball?

Then quit your high-horse BS calling out people who have followed Auburn basketball since your daddy was sh*****g  yellow.

It amplifies the stupidity. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

did you have a note form your mom back then?

No, but my parents drove my girlfriend and me to a game and I made out with her in the stands. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

It really boils down to the fact that we never led this even once at all. It can be a massive mental block if you never had a lead in this game at all. It’s really different when you had a lead at least once because it could be an influence where you know you’re able to take a lead on them. Even in the road Alabama game — we never took a lead in the second half so we had some moments where we were really close but never got over the hump. This was another example of it. These boys will be fine though.

Actually they did take the lead in the second half but just like this game they failed to take advantage of it. Could have pushed the lead in that game but tuned the ball over

2 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

And stop recruiting under-sized guards. If we aren’t hitting from outside, they’re a non-factor offensively.

Bruce has a proven track record with small guards. The high profile bigger guards from high school are coveted by the blue bloods. We still on paper get the best small guards from high school. Pettiford is another one for next year. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Aden was a McDonalds All American…. Recruiting has been fine. No one saw Aden hitting this big of a wall in sec play. He is not even doing what he does best which is shooting the 3. It sucks. 

Yeah he's talented but just shooting the three isn't getting it done. We need penetration, creating plays for others, we need weapons at guard and who are aggressive. 

Edited by Randman5000

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

No, but my parents drove my girlfriend and me to a game and I made out with her in the stands. 

Did you score more than Auburn or Kentucky?

• Haha 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

most of us do for a fact. do not let somone who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you what flavor it is mess with your mind mav. i support jd

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

Actually they did take the lead in the second half but just like this game they failed to take advantage of it. Could have pushed the lead in that game but tuned the ball over

We never came within 5 points of taking the lead in the second half. What are you talking about?

• Like 1

Just now, Tigger1985 said:

Kentucky is just stronger in the C Johnson, Jones and Moore positions 

I think they were WAY stronger in the point guard positions today, but there were some transfer portal misses we had this past offseason that have showed up in SEC play. 

There's a LOT of guys Bruce swung on the fences for before we got to who we got to

• Thanks 1

Just now, e808 said:

Think they tied, there were no lead changes 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Thanks but I think I'm done, too much negativity and better options out there than me taking time out of day to do play by play for a basketball game. I -also lost my best friend, who took his own life less than 48 hours ago. I think I'm just gonna move on.

• Sad 3

Shooting was the key.. And I don't mean contested shots. If you can't as a d1 team make average shots you don't win. We sucked at shooting tonight.. It had nothing to do with KY defense we just sucked at shooting. Period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

impressive! if you were here i would give you a standing ovation! serious...........

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Yeah he's talented but just shooting the three isn't getting it done. We need penetration, creating plays for others, we need weapons at guard and who are aggressive. 

He will be better after a full summer in the weight room. He’s a boy playing against men. This isn’t something that can be fixed in season.

Transfer guards we didn’t go after hard in the portal the last to cycles. Antonio Reeves Uk; Dalton Keucht UT; Mark Sears ALA;  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Maybe, or at least the ones who aren't afraid to go down the lane or create points. Jared Harper was the best at that. If we needed a bucket he was getting it or getting the foul. 

Aden’s game is outside tho….that’s THE issue.  He’s not a slasher and dormant at the rim.  All seems mental w him currently, at a really bad time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think they were WAY stronger in the point guard positions today, but there were some transfer portal misses we had this past offseason that have showed up in SEC play. 

There's a LOT of guys Bruce swung on the fences for before we got to who we got to

Who were some transfer portal pisses at guard that we missed this past offseason? I don’t remember that at all.

Tahaad Pettiford will make us forget any pg problems. Best PG since Jared Harper 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will be better after a full summer in the weight room. He’s a boy playing against men. This isn’t something that can be fixed in season.

I agree..but we might need to look somewhere else. Tre isn't going to take off. Aden I have hope for. Maybe Denver can be the guy to go get a bucket and dagger three. But we don't seem to have the guts right now

• Like 1

I hate losses. All the theories of different roster management get thrown around by people and it’s pure anarchy. People go off the rails and lose their minds. I love winning just for the fact it prevents what’s happening in this thread right now. It bums me out and makes me sad man. We are 20-6. Can we please get a grip a little?

Edited by GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Thanks but I think I'm done, too much negativity and better options out there than me taking time out of day to do play by play for a basketball game. I -also lost my best friend, who took his own life less than 48 hours ago. I think I'm just gonna move on.

i am sorry for your loss big shooter. just take a break and a deep breath and we will leave the lights on for you. message if you feel the need to talk..............

Just now, NES said:

Tahaad Pettiford will make us forget any pg problems. Best PG since Jared Harper 

I'll have to watch his film. But people kept saying that about Aden. Just wait until Aden gets here. I hope you're right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Mav, I was making a joke, bud, and I’ve apologized for it.  You’re good with me.  I only mentioned the online broadcast because, believe it or not,  some don’t know it’s there.