Auburn Has Officially Signed with Nike

CR

Posted (edited)

Tate said on todays podcast that Nikes a done deal. UA deal runs thru summer of 25 so not clear on announcement

Edited by CR

34 minutes ago, CR said:

Tate said on todays podcast that Nikes a done deal. UA deal runs thru summer of 25 so not clear on announcement

That what I've been told too. Working on the buyout 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thank God. I saw summer 25 and got sad

14 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

Maybe AU needs time to dump garbage UA stock before going public. 😅

Those stock papers are worth nothing but a bonfire at this point. Good riddance to UA, thanks for NOTHING

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

If a buyout is in play this is the last year in under armor gear we will start 2024 football season in Nike apparel why else would you buyout a contract that runs up to summer of 25.

Edited by eaglenest
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

3 hours ago, CR said:

This is the best news that I’ve heard in a long time! 

On 3/26/2024 at 6:55 PM, eaglenest said:

If a buyout is in play this is the last year in under armor gear we will start 2024 football season in Nike apparel why else would you buyout a contract that runs up to summer of 25.

image.png

🏀🏀🏀

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 7

Can someone explain exactly how apparel impacts recruiting? I’m sure it does but I’d love to hear the…mechanics of it. After tonight I would love to believe that especially in basketball we’ve been playing with a handicap that’s about to be rectified.

Edited by AUwent

29 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Can someone explain exactly how apparel impacts recruiting? I’m sure it does but I’d love to hear the…mechanics of it. After tonight I would love to believe that especially in basketball we’ve been playing with a handicap that’s about to be rectified.

no problem, when you make the best apparel and sports equipment and shoes and oh by the way they are global it's a no brainer really. They make sure to endorse the absolute best athletes, they have one of the biggest brands in the market share, tons of advertising, Nike plus ESPN runs all things sports period. Let me go back in time, Auburn fans are hard headed, my dad use to say to me a hard head totes a sore rear end. Tony Barbie tried telling y'all that Nike was needed in order to compete but y'all let politics cloud y'all judgement.... 2019 was just an outlier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

no problem, when you make the best apparel and sports equipment and shoes and oh by the way they are global it's a no brainer really. They make sure to endorse the absolute best athletes, they have one of the biggest brands in the market share, tons of advertising, Nike plus ESPN runs all things sports period. Let me go back in time, Auburn fans are hard headed, my dad use to say to me a hard head totes a sore rear end. Tony Barbie tried telling y'all that Nike was needed in order to compete but y'all let politics cloud y'all judgement.... 2019 was just an outlier 

No real disagreeing here from me, but Barbee was a wrong guy about 90% of things from what I've read about the guy lol. I can see why someone would think UA is perfectly fine if he said differently. 

I forgot the stat, but I think like one non-Nike/Adidas school has won the basketball title this millennium? Something wild like that.

Article from 2016: Nike Has Sponsored Almost Every Final Four Team in the Last Decade
Nike/Jordan Brand sponsors 42 teams from the 68 team field this year: March Madness: Nike, Jordan top Under Armour and Adidas in NCAA tournament field

Every remaining team in the current bracket except 11th seeded NC State is a Nike school btw. 

It's basically giving yourself a prohibitive disadvantage to not be a Nike school unless you're Kansas, who is a brand unto themselves. 

• Love 1

and yeah that 2019 final four was one of the most anomalous you'll see. Two UA schools made it, one in the title even. Texas Tech has only made it out of the opening weekend once since then and obviously Auburn... This is ignoring context like the 2020 tourney being canceled, TT having to fire one of their best coaches due to non-basketball reasons, etc. but it was definitely an anomaly 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No real disagreeing here from me, but Barbee was a wrong guy about 90% of things from what I've read about the guy lol. I can see why someone would think UA is perfectly fine if he said differently. 

I forgot the stat, but I think like one non-Nike/Adidas school has won the basketball title this millennium? Something wild like that.

Article from 2016: Nike Has Sponsored Almost Every Final Four Team in the Last Decade
Nike/Jordan Brand sponsors 42 teams from the 68 team field this year: March Madness: Nike, Jordan top Under Armour and Adidas in NCAA tournament field

Every remaining team in the current bracket except 11th seeded NC State is a Nike school btw. 

It's basically giving yourself a prohibitive disadvantage to not be a Nike school unless you're Kansas, who is a brand unto themselves. 

And Notre Dame

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

I believe Nike sponsors specific tournaments and development showcases that only their partner schools can attend. Outside of quality of products vs. UA, I believe this has been a selling feature for basketball. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 9:55 PM, AUwent said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/02/26/nike-adidas-shoe-companies-college-basketball-recruiting/372313002/#

On 3/26/2024 at 7:38 PM, CR said:

Those stock papers are worth nothing but a bonfire at this point. Good riddance to UA, thanks for NOTHING

That’s kinda like Auburn’s football coaches 

I'm all for the change, but Under Armour has been good for Auburn Athletics overall.  They paid us twice what Nike was willing to pay for years and at a time when we actually needed the revenue. 

• Zeek changed the title to Auburn Has Officially Signed with Nike
  • Zeek featured this topic

It's finally official. The deal will actually start in 2025 but I am thankful we can move on to the better brand.

• Like 5

It may have already been suggested, but how cool would it be to have Bo on the Auburn Nike apparel like Jordan? Since it’s so recognizable and one of his most famous photographs a silhouette of the image below.

IMG_0170.jpeg

• Love 2

Sweet.  I think this is the best option across the board and I think it will be a nice boost to basketball recruiting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Players have hated UA shoes since the beginning.  I know a lot of them taped their nikes in the beginning so the logo wouldnt show, but I think they finally had to stop. Im sure there are alot of happy players tonight, I only wish a settlement couldve been reached on the final UA season so we could use nike this fall.

• Like 1