Lior Berman Out For Season

57 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Any updates?

I've been wondering myself.  Can't find any news updates.

Sound like it’s an ACL injury and he is done for the season.  None contact injuries are the worst. Wishing him a speedy recover

Prayers for a speedy recovery. I don’t know Lior, but from all indications he works hard and is committed to making AU better. Seems like a great young man with a limitless future 

• Like 1

I said alot of crappy things about Berman on here and elsewhere, but I'll give dude all the props for being a legitimately valuable rotational piece as of late. Took dudes off the dribble, made a few shots, upped his performance on defense. He gave us another option if other dudes weren't performing up to snuff...wishing the fella the best 

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Prayers for a speedy recovery. I don’t know Lior, but from all indications he works hard and is committed to making AU better. Seems like a great young man with a limitless future 

My kids know Lior personally and they absolutely love the kid.  Top notch human.  Kind of kid who deserves good things in life.  I hope his desire to play ball in Israel will give him high motivation to recover and extend his career some years, travel the world some and put a couple bucks in his pocket.

i know a girl who married a former solid ACC bball player and he played in great Europe cities for several years.  It was a great beginning to their married years.  He then moved to the states and worked with the Warriors for an nba championship run and is now with another nba team.

i hope Lior can spin his bball playing career into a rewarding future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really hate he got hurt so close the end of his last season. Thanks for all you did while at Auburn Mr. Berman!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Really hate he got hurt so close the end of his last season. Thanks for all you did while at Auburn Mr. Berman!!

Same here.  But he can always say his last shot attempt as an Auburn Tiger was a made 3 pointer.  (If my memory serves me correct).

• Like 2

image.gif.b7e9ac682f48a8b555c8c4e6baa99163.gif

Sad day

Lior is a great kid who has done everything asked of him and given it his very best!  He’s a true Auburn Man!   He’ll be an asset on the bench the rest of the season and wishing him the best in Israel!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

i know a girl who married a former solid ACC bball player and he played in great Europe cities for several years.  It was a great beginning to their married years.  He then moved to the states and worked with the Warriors for an nba championship run and is now with another nba team.

Quinn Cook? James McAdoo?

I hope he gets to travel with the team all the way deep into the NCAA tournament.  His emotional support can still help the team.

War Eagle to him!

• Like 1

Prayers for a quick and full recovery and to find peace with a rough way to end his season...

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to Lior Berman Out For Season

This is really sad for Lior. He was maybe not destined for the NBA, but he worked his butt off for our Tigers and to go down with only a few games remaining is just sad. A reminder that life is not fair. But still, get healthy again LB and life is yet to come.

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Quinn Cook? James McAdoo?

No no, he was an ok college player.  Not at those guys level.  Played Europe first, nothing notable, got hurt, and then came back over to the states and worked his way in the coaching ranks.  He’s an assistant coach now for one of the teams.

my main point is that there are paths within the sport that don’t require a kid to be an nba all star to have “made it” within the sport.

i use Chris porter as a player example.  Even though he didn’t stick in the nba, he had a lengthy pro career, over seas for a lot of it, made some money and saw a lot of the world.  (Wish he would have made some better decisions)

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

Prayers for a quick and full recovery and to find peace with a rough way to end his season...

These days, sports surgeons are so good with ACL repairs, Lior will recover to 100%.  It is even better for athletes than non-athletes because the surgeons can move a piece of your own over sized hamstring to replace the torn ACL.  Because the tissue is a perfect match and is super healthy (it moves from the hammy to the knee in a few minutes), recovery time is super fast.  The athlete does not even miss the piece of hamstring because that ligament is so thick and over developed anyway.  One of family members popped his ACL, snow skiing, had that surgery and he recovered so fast it was incredible.  The surgeon did it all micro, so there were just a few small incisions.   He was in and out of surgery in an hour.  Zero trouble with the knee since.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

No no, he was an ok college player.  Not at those guys level.  Played Europe first, nothing notable, got hurt, and then came back over to the states and worked his way in the coaching ranks.  He’s an assistant coach now for one of the teams

Oh ok you said he played in the ACC, then Europe, then the Warriors and got a ring, and now playing for a new team. Cook and McAdoo were the only two that fit that criteria. I tried solving that puzzle just because I follow the Warriors. Didn’t know you meant coach instead of a player.

• Like 1