NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

Barkley and the BB masses of experts seemed to think the SEC was talented. deep. and exceptionally strong. Selection committee was more reserved, and a lot of, well everyone including Barkley and experts, proclaimed that SEC teams were underappreciated and seeded poorly.

Reality check.

When your conference is populated with mediocre teams, compiling stats playing against them makes every team and every player look better than they really are.

This became apparent in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Which teams in the tourney are legit? Everyone seems to think UConn, Houston, Purdue, maybe UNC. I expect only UConn to make it to the Final Four.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

Barkley and the BB masses of experts seemed to think the SEC was talented. deep. and exceptionally strong. Selection committee was more reserved, and a lot of, well everyone including Barkley and experts, proclaimed that SEC teams were underappreciated and seeded poorly.

Reality check.

When your conference is populated with mediocre teams, compiling stats playing against them makes every team and every player look better than they really are.

This became apparent in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Which teams in the tourney are legit? Everyone seems to think UConn, Houston, Purdue, maybe UNC. I expect only UConn to make it to the Final Four.

I hope UConn wins it 

11 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

I hope UConn wins it 

Bet they won’t have any technicals or player ejections

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Bet they won’t have any technicals or player ejections

I guarantee it will be technicals. Player elections probably not though

GCU retake the lead 58-55. Then allow a 5 point possession with missed rebounds off free throws.  Bama up 4 now with just under 5 left. 

Who would have thought this would be a defensive battle? Lol.  Kept GCU in the game.  Helps to have the same officials we did lol.  LOTS of fouls.

Well GCU refuses to hold onto the ball.  Bama getting so many chances.  They likely just sealed it up 9 less than minute. 

Annnnd that's what happens when you have a game changing guard. 🤢🤮 Sick watching Bama make another Sweet 16. 

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Who would have thought this would be a defensive battle? Lol.  Kept GCU in the game.  Helps to have the same officials we did lol.  LOTS of fouls.

See the difference with a good PG at the end of the game? Mark is a warrior

• Like 3

Bama will eventually lose they’re not that good. 

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

See the difference with a good PG at the end of the game? Mark is a warrior

He's the best player on the floor on nearly every game I've watched them play this season 

Looking pretty chalky for the most part...was a little surprised to see Clemson beat Baylor.  ACC didn't get a whole lot of love during the regular season, but they've shown well in the tournament.

1 seeds pretty much playing like 1 seeds should so far. A&M could continue to make UH sweat, but I figure Houston will end up getting that one.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Sears is uncanny

He does exactly what AU's guards didn't, attack, attack, attack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Bama will eventually lose they’re not that good. 

They are a really deep team that's full of shooters. When they decide to play defense they have a chance to beat anybody they play. 

Just now, naildawg said:

He does exactly what AU's guards didn't, attack, attack, attack.

We don't have one that can if I'm being honest. At least not one who can finish once they get inside, and certainly not one who can distribute the ball like Sears can.

• Like 3

Tamu is hanging in there and Taylor is a nonfactor. Might get real interesting if he ever gets going 

Man Houston has a very athletic team. How in the world Iowa State blew them out. Guys playing above the rim

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Tamu is hanging in there and Taylor is a nonfactor. Might get real interesting if he ever gets going 

A&M drew a lot of fouls in the first half, but missed 11 FTs.  Houston isn't real deep, so the foul trouble could catch up with them. They have a lot of dawg in them and I figure they'll make enough shots to pull through.

• Like 2