NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

I just couldn't understand how SCar managed the record they had during the season. They were a head scratcher for me. They just were not that good but kept winning. I expected a quick exit from them. Was the game at Neville? 🤣

They play great defense. When their shots fall, they are a really tough out. Like Miss State. When the shots do not fall, it's a low scoring blow out , and they aren't happy.

Biggest story so far is probably Nevada hacking up a major hairball in their game against Dayton.  Those are the kind of games that stick around for a long time if you're on the wrong end of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

They play great defense. When their shots fall, they are a really tough out. Like Miss State. When the shots do not fall, it's a low scoring blow out , and they aren't happy.

I see now that the SEC is overrated. 

Just now, Auburn93 said:

Oakland up six on Kentucky. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Oakland up six on Kentucky. 

Auburn needs to pay attention,

gotta be focused and smart. No need to bitch about getting screwed by playing in Spokane. Mess around and we won’t be.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

gotta be focused and smart. No need to bitch about getting screwed by playing in Spokane. Mess around and we won’t be.

I hope Oakland sends three seeded Kentucky back to the horse pastures. 

Holding their own right now despite the officials favoring Kentucky. 

Foul disparity is like 10-2

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

It's not. Some of our teams are just really one sided. Either they're good offensively or good defensively. Not many of them do both well: Auburn and Tenn, for instance. So if shots aren't fall for Kentucky its no surprise they're having problems with Oakland. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I think Bruce will have them ready. They seem real focused. 

• Like 2

No way Oakland can keep hitting so many 3's. Many were contested but I expect depth and size will slowly allow Ky to pull ahead.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

No way Oakland can keep hitting so many 3's. Many were contested but I expect depth and size will slowly allow Ky to pull ahead.

I am starting to think I am wrong.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I think Bruce will have them ready. They seem real focused. 

They will be ready but will it be 18% from three or 38% from three type of day. Our 2019 team didn't shoot well in the first round.

UK missing wide open layups.

Cal should just throw out the game plan and tell that that uber talented group to play backyard basketball. Because their game plan sure isn't working.

• Like 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

Cal should just throw out the game plan and tell that that uber talented group to play backyard basketball. Because their game plan sure isn't working.

That's all he ever does. That's their problem. He's so overrated.

• Like 2

It's almost mind boggling how much Calipari underachieves with the talent he accumulates. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

They will be ready but will it be 18% from three or 38% from three type of day. Our 2019 team didn't shoot well in the first round.

Good thing we have an 3rd Team All-American in Johni Broome and two-time SEC champion, Jaylin Williams to give us points inside. I think we'll be good. I love that team, but 2019 is no where near inside presence we possess now.  

Edited by GTNupe11

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Cal has a game plan??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

It's almost mind boggling how much Calipari underachieves with the talent he accumulates. 

Hall of Fame coach who has done less with more than any other caoch in D1 Bball History.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Cal has a game plan??

Like old Jerry Tarkanian, he probably just rolls the ball on the court to start practice and then reads a book for 3 hours.

Current score:

Commercials 72, Oakland 61, UK 56.

• Like 1