NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

UT is in command over St. Pete's.

Just now, WillMunny said:

UT is in command over St. Pete's.

I didn’t realize the Ziegler brothers were playing against each other.

Both #5. You don’t see that very often. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nthemix said:

so KY had some “quad 1” wins right?  That’s why they were a 3 seed ?

Well they did beat Auburn at home and snapped the home win streak. Like @GTNupe11mentioned above Oakland is an older team. Auburn suffered that same fate to Miami. People think it’s cliche when u talk about matchups. Kentucky lost to a very experienced team. Didn’t fold under pressure 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Sure would be nice if Denver Jones could get hot like that this tournament. Bruce runs a lot of sets for him coming off the screen so there will be opportunities! 

• Like 2

I didn't see really KY play much this year but that "offense" was painful to watch. stand around the perimeter, jack up 3's, other team easy rebound. wash .rinse. repeat.

24 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

SEC? SEC? SEC?

As long as we win, that's all that matters. I would actually not be upset at all if we were the only SEC team to win.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, nthemix said:

so KY had some “quad 1” wins right?  That’s why they were a 3 seed ?

Quad 1 wins and road wins were the ones that they said mattered the most. There were some inconsistencies certainly, but in Auburn's case, it was definitely dinged for the lack of those

• Like 1

I’ll stand by my statement that the committee did a horrendous job this year … there is always some criticism each year but IMO they were legit horrible this year 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Odds Calipari gets fired over this loss? I would not be surprised if it was on the table right now. Would be hilarious if it happened after his brag interview earlier about how he’s the reason Kentucky has so many players in the nba. 

I have a strong feeling he will never coach another game at Kentucky.

• Like 2

3 years in a row that Kentucky has lost in the opening round. The Kentucky fans are on Calipari's ass and they have every right to be. No wins in the SEC Tourney or the NCAA Tourney this year. Great recruiter but he's been average, by Kentucky standards, since 2019 when we beat him in the Elite 8.

Tennessee fans are the same way about Rick Barnes. If Tennessee loses saturday in the round of 32, they'll start rumbling louder. They're complaining that he's just a regular season coach but struggles during tournament time everywhere he's coached. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I have a strong feeling he will never coach another game at Kentucky.

If you’re right. Be prepared for Bruce’s name to be brought up .

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you’re right. Be prepared for Bruce’s name to be brought up .

Funny

might be mentioned but Bruce ain’t goin to Kentucky. 
It’s hard to understand why players want to play for Cal, he is not a players coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So did their team, only worse performance so far is Virginia 

Before the first NCAA game, Barkley commented that the SEC was under-appreciate. The SEC is much better than the Selection Committee seeded them

Then we watch Miss State go down, South Carolina go down, Kentucky go down -- not to powerhouses, but to teams we'd expect our SEC teams to beat.

Except,, Barkley was wrong. The SEC teams were OVER-rated and lost their opening game.

Which is why I have been saying CBP need to have our guys realy to play from the first tipoff. And our guys need to be focused.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

So did their team, only worse performance so far is Virginia 

You ain't kidding about Virginia!! I know Tony Bennett's teams have always been known as boring because they play so slow on the offensive side but his guys took it to a whole different level against Colorado State!! They went 12 minutes and 35 seconds of game time without a single point scored. In real time it was 52 minutes. 😂 They had 14 points at halftime!! What a mess. Remember in 2018 they were the first #1 seed in history to lose to a #16 seed? 

This is karma for that no-call on the double dribble in the 2019 Final Four.

• Like 1

Texas vs. Tennessee will be interesting.  Rick Barnes was run out of Austin because he couldn't win at tournament time.  Tennessee fans know the feeling for sure. 

• Like 1

Samford getting robbed against Kansas. Amazing block on the fast break called a foul. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AURex said:

Before the first NCAA game, Barkley commented that the SEC was under-appreciate. The SEC is much better than the Selection Committee seeded them

Then we watch Miss State go down, South Carolina go down, Kentucky go down -- not to powerhouses, but to teams we'd expect our SEC teams to beat.

Except,, Barkley was wrong. The SEC teams were OVER-rated and lost their opening game.

Which is why I have been saying CBP need to have our guys realy to play from the first tipoff. And our guys need to be focused.

SEC is not overrated. The Tournament is about matchups. It's also one game. None of the teams you just mentioned play both good defense and offense. It's one or the other. And all it takes is a bad offensive night to lose. Auburn had no business losing to Moo State, Kentucky, or even Tenn. If you have a good defense (which kept us in those aforementioned games), you at least have a fighting chance if you can make a few stops and shots. Moo State and SCar are not great offensive teams. Moo State ran into a seasoned Tom Izzo team and South Carolina was small compared to Oregon, nor do they really fill it up offensively. Kentucky, well, requires their offense to win games. If they could actually play some defense they probably win. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1