Repent!

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother Homer claims to be a scientist.

Not exactly.  I was trained in science and practiced applied research and engineering, but I am now retired.

But once you start thinking like a scientist, you tend to stay that way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

People forget the sheer end of times panic of that time. Hell trump was begging for a shot daily. I don’t know faucci but my instinct is where you see mistakes driven by an evil deep state plan, I see people who probably misfire under sheer panic and lack of info. Humans do that.  

It’s pretty easy to Monday morning qb years later.

Fauci didn't "misfire".  Every recommendation he made was scientifically logical and based on the best information available. 

If he erred, it was because he was assuming the "worst case" on the variables, which was the rational thing to do, at least if your priority was saving lives. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

Anyone care to state the root cause?

Gradual accumulation of greenhouse gasses since the beginning of the industrial age.

https://skepticalscience.com/

Surely this is not new to you?

Edited by homersapien

43 minutes ago, creed said:

What is the biggest threat facing America the world? 

Any idea? Humans. Specifically over population.

Well, I was asking about America, but….

For the first time in modern history, the world’s population is expected to virtually stop growing by the end of this century, due in large part to falling global fertility rates, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of new data from the United Nations.

By 2100, the world’s population is projected to reach approximately 10.9 billion, with annual growth of less than 0.1% – a steep decline from the current rate. Between 1950 and today, the world’s population grew between 1% and 2% each year, with the number of people rising from 2.5 billion to more than 7.7 billion.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2019/06/17/worlds-population-is-projected-to-nearly-stop-growing-by-the-end-of-the-century/

The only region that is expected to increase is Africa.  I guess that is why Gates is focused on birth control in that region.  birth rates in Europe, Japan and the US is a lot lower.  It all works out around 2100 so it peaks there and goes down.

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Gradual accumulation of greenhouse gasses since the beginning of the industrial age.

https://skepticalscience.com/

Surely this is not new to you?

And deforestation to feed a growing world population that is estimated to continue to grow, which will only assist to increase global warming. . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, creed said:

And deforestation to feed a growing world population that is estimated to continue to grow, which will only assist to increase global warming. . 

Yeah, we've been long overdue for another major world war. 

The question of our time being...how do we have a worldwide, super deadly war to thin out the population without resorting to nuclear destruction? 

53 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not exactly.  I was trained in science and practiced applied research and engineering, but I am now retired.

I understand. My undergrad was in EE and I work indirectly in tech. But in my experience the people who do research and/computer modeling (ie climate guys) are generally a pretty quirky bunch and for the most part highly introverted.  Fact based driven people. Which is why when I read they must have  some sort of diabolical political agenda it shows a lack of understanding of the field and the personality types.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand. My undergrad was in EE and I work indirectly in tech. But in my experience the people who do research and/computer modeling (ie climate guys) are generally a pretty quirky bunch and for the most part highly introverted.  Fact based driven people. Which is why when I read they must have  some sort of diabolical political agenda it shows a lack of understanding of the field and the personality types.

Not mention the simple impossibility of staging a hoax with thousands and thousands of professionals, in hundreds of countries around the world, for years and years.  :ucrazy:

Edited by homersapien

Getting back to the OP....I'm sitting about 45 miles east of downtown Indianapolis right now. Will give a heads-up if I see any devil horns.

7 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Getting back to the OP....I'm sitting about 45 miles east of downtown Indianapolis right now. Will give a heads-up if I see any devil horns.

image.gif.2885ed9f7c8f7c2fb4e8afd3623b1571.gif

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

image.gif.2885ed9f7c8f7c2fb4e8afd3623b1571.gif

Went off without a hitch. Happy to say everyone's fine...no side effects.

image.thumb.png.bb38640b7d042e766c93c2b0a2a92e29.png

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Went off without a hitch. Happy to say everyone's fine...no side effects.

image.thumb.png.bb38640b7d042e766c93c2b0a2a92e29.png

Hell I thought you were a save the world liberal. What a nice surprise to instead see  an attractive maga family😇

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

Stop lying Salty.  I've never said AGW was the "end of times".  That comes from religion.

I have said it's an existential problem for our society, which it is.  But you don't have to sweat it, by the time it gets really serious, you'll be sitting in heaven waiting for the rest of your family, right?

Maybe I misread you then. I would never purposely tell a lie. 

Why would I be “sitting” in heaven? We will have jobs and plenty of work in heaven. 

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

Know exactly what you mean. I was Building Science.

31 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Please No GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY 

Agreed. I thought Heaven would be the place where it was finally socially acceptable to sit in my parents' basement and play video games all day.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Agreed. I thought Heaven would be the place where it was finally socially acceptable to sit in my parents' basement and play video games all day.

I was thinking....dude, if you die and the first thing you have to do upon your soul waking up is clocking into a new job to work an eternity long shift......I don't think you're in Heaven. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I was thinking....dude, if you die and the first thing you have to do upon your soul waking up is clocking into a new job to work an eternity long shift......I don't think you're in Heaven. 

image.thumb.png.6461154e21eb426c12383a23d6388df1.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Maybe I misread you then. I would never purposely tell a lie. 

Why would I be “sitting” in heaven? We will have jobs and plenty of work in heaven. 

Do you think going to heaven is "on the table" (an option) for what happens to you after death?

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Know exactly what you mean. I was Building Science.

Well, you seem to be working on proving me wrong.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Don't forget the virgins!! ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

"The Lords work is never done" -  "One" Corinthians 15:58 <_<

Edited by homersapien

9 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Why clock in. Time is irrelevant in eternity. 

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Do you think going to heaven is "on the table" (an option) for what happens to you after death?

Sure. I believe you are a soul with an earthly body. You believe the opposite.

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why clock in. Time is irrelevant in eternity. 

But it's certainly a very effective threat to humans.