Repent!

14 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Kamala is a mess across the board. Insincere, unlikeable, ideologically all over the place (look at her liberal rep today vs when she was a DA - progressives hated her). Ps how can you be a prosecutor and not be able to speak in complete sentences?

I've met so many prosecutors with that affliction... lol 

The epicenter was literally at Trump’s golf course. Maybe god is trying to tell y’all something

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Isn’t that the reason you have to stick with the never ending predictions of doom that never come true?[

It’s just depends on what kind of personality you are.  If your wife notices the refrigerator is going up in temp 1 degree every week and asks you to get it fixed, do  you 1)  assume it’s a lie and your wife is manipulating you to get a new fridge 2) it’s nothing , just an inherent design quirk of the fridge model and tell  her it’ll improve 3) get it fixed 4) too much of a bother , tease her that she’s over reacting, and kick back and relax until your family is in the ER from salmonella ?

image.thumb.jpeg.192182c84744ddf7c5149e58fe3ff150.jpeg

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s just depends on what kind of personality you are.  If your wife notices the refrigerator is going up in temp 1 degree every week and asks you to get it fixed, do  you 1)  assume it’s a lie and your wife is manipulating you to get a new fridge 2) it’s nothing , just it a inherent design quirk of the fridge model and tell  her it’ll improve 3) get it fixed 4) too much of a bother , tease her that she’s over reacting, and kick back and relax until your family is in the ER from salmonella ?

He’s gonna go with 4 if his wife’s a Democrat.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

t’s just depends on what kind of personality you are.  If your wife notices the refrigerator is going up in temp 1 degree every week and asks you to get it fixed, do  you 1)  assume it’s a lie and your wife is manipulating you to get a new fridge 2) it’s nothing , just an inherent design quirk of the fridge model and tell  her it’ll improve 3) get it fixed 4) too much of a bother , tease her that she’s over reacting, and kick back and relax until your family is in the ER from salmonella ?

1 degree a week is not the same as 1 degree in a century, but I will play along; 1) How old is the frig?  If it is older than 10 years I would put it on a watch, I wouldn’t take the word of my wife; would you?

2) this would be Congress at the present time.  If we’re talking climate change it would be the Republicans, if we’re talking border or fetanyl it would be the Democrats.

3) Too simple and at what cost?

4) My wife has a super sense of smell, she would say “taste this and tell me if its OK” and I would be in the ER with salmonella.

I would guess we are in the *watch* phase and the libs are the wife not understanding why I haven’t bought a new frig yet.  Why is it that the libs want to absolutely destroy the world’s economy over a perceived *existential* threat?

We are thowing money at two proxie wars, threatening to bring Ukraine into NATO, fentanyl is killing 100,000 Americans annually and the libs are worried the temps might raise 1 degree in a century and are willing to spend $50 trillion to reduce CO2 and *the science* doesn’t even know how much that will reduce the temp.

Make that make sense.

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

1 degree a week is not the same as 1 degree in a century, but I will play along; 1) How old is the frig?  If it is older than 10 years I would put it on a watch, I wouldn’t take the word of my wife; would you?

2) this would be Congress at the present time.  If we’re talking climate change it would be the Republicans, if we’re talking border or fetanyl it would be the Democrats.

3) Too simple and at what cost?

4) My wife has a super sense of smell, she would say “taste this and tell me if its OK” and I would be in the ER with salmonella.

I would guess we are in the *watch* phase and the libs are the wife not understanding why I haven’t bought a new frig yet.  Why is it that the libs want to absolutely destroy the world’s economy over a perceived *existential* threat?

We are thowing money at two proxie wars, threatening to bring Ukraine into NATO, fentanyl is killing 100,000 Americans annually and the libs are worried the temps might raise 1 degree in a century and are willing to spend $50 trillion to reduce CO2 and *the science* doesn’t even know how much that will reduce the temp.

Make that make sense.

No, I wouldn’t take the word of your wife.

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No, I wouldn’t take the word of your wife.

You would take the word of Greta Thunberg right?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You would take the word of Greta Thunberg right?

Nah. You married to her? Just dating on the side?

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s just depends on what kind of personality you are.  If your wife notices the refrigerator is going up in temp 1 degree every week and asks you to get it fixed, do  you 1)  assume it’s a lie and your wife is manipulating you to get a new fridge 2) it’s nothing , just an inherent design quirk of the fridge model and tell  her it’ll improve 3) get it fixed 4) too much of a bother , tease her that she’s over reacting, and kick back and relax until your family is in the ER from salmonella ?

Sounds like you are telling him in order to avoid salmonella quit denying and vote democrat. Don’t understand. Feel sure iam is living about the same lifestyle as doom and gloom preachers. Probably takes very good care of his refrigerator.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sounds like you are telling him in order to avoid salmonella quit denying and vote democrat. Don’t understand. Feel sure iam is living about the same lifestyle as doom and gloom preachers. Probably takes very good care of his refrigerator.

Since when did simply being a responsible steward of the planet become a dem thing? I’m not talking about EVing tomorrow or biking to work. Just being a grown up identifying and rationally solving problems. As a country we used to be damn good at that. Btw the Clean Air Act was passed by the Nixon administration.  A Republican. Back before we didn’t deny elections or problems, and had a clue about fiscal responsibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Since when did simply being a responsible steward of the planet become a dem thing? I’m not talking about EVing tomorrow or biking to work. Just being a grown up identifying and rationally solving problems. As a country we used to be damn good at that. Btw the Clean Air Act was passed by the Nixon administration.  A Republican. Back before we didn’t deny elections or problems, and had a clue about fiscal responsibility.

You are the one saying take action on the salmonella. What kind of action? Rant and rave end of times and agree with Homer?

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are the one saying take action on the salmonella. What kind of action? Rant and rave end of times and agree with Homer?

One of my frustrations with maga and ultra progressives is that facts don’t exist unless your guy says it. Herd mentality. On everything. You can’t come up with any (even half ass) solution until people agree it at least exists. Climate or deficit. Btw scientists aren’t political, they’re friggin nerds. Most can’t remember to shower regularly.  The “everyone’s out to get/control us” stuff has got to get old at some point doesn’t it?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Btw scientists aren’t political, they’re friggin nerds. Most can’t remember to shower regularly.

Brother Homer claims to be a scientist.

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Ban it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother Homer claims to be a scientist.

Well I guess there’s exceptions - but it’d be a new one for me.

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

One of my frustrations with maga and ultra progressives is that facts don’t exist unless your guy says it. Herd mentality. On everything. You can’t come up with any (even half ass) solution until people agree it at least exists. Climate or deficit. Btw scientists aren’t political, they’re friggin nerds. Most can’t remember to shower regularly.  The “everyone’s out to get/control us” stuff has got to get old at some point doesn’t it?

Do you consider Fauci a scientist?  He is definitely political.  IIRC the Clean Air Act was all about emissions and helped clean up the air we breathe.  That act didn’t require $ Trillions to enact with little or no evidence it would move the needle.  Talk about balancing the budget….Yeah compromise is good, but when you initial ask is so far out of wack that you have to revert to fear mongering where do you start the negotiations?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you consider Fauci a scientist?  He is definitely political.  IIRC the Clean Air Act was all about emissions and helped clean up the air we breathe.  That act didn’t require $ Trillions to enact with little or no evidence it would move the needle.  Talk about balancing the budget….Yeah compromise is good, but when you initial ask is so far out of wack that you have to revert to fear mongering where do you start the negotiations?

He was an administrator.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He was an administrator.

He was hever a scientist?

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., former Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), served the American public for over five decades. A doctor, scientist, and infectious disease expert, he contributed to groundbreaking discoveries that saved countless lives. He retired from public service in December 2022.  

https://magazine.medlineplus.gov/article/meet-anthony-s-fauci-m.d-former-director-of-the-national-institute-of-allergy-and-infectious-diseases

14 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree. Both sides won’t or can’t state what is the root cause of the current climate issue. All they do is listen to their politically driven drivel and pass it on. 

Anyone care to state the root cause?

Edited by creed
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, creed said:

I agree. Both sides won’t or can’t state what is the root cause of the current climate issue. All they do is listen to their politically drivel and pass it on. 

Anyone care to state the root cause?

My 2 cents. Accepting any information as truth is based solely on trust. The existence of the Roman Empire, atoms, the capital of Mongolia, creationism vs big bang, whatever - we didnt experience it so we have to trust books, society, teachers, the news, … someone or something - or any truth is up for grabs. Skepticism become cynicism becomes conspiracies.  We devolve and begin to only trust the information of people, news, social media, ect that think as I do and trust.  The earth can literally become flat again.

IMO the consequences of trust divisiveness and tribalism is beyond political - people are literally beginning to pick and choose who they trust to explain  their … reality.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

People forget the sheer end of times panic of that time. Hell trump was begging for a shot daily. I don’t know faucci but my instinct is where you see mistakes driven by an evil deep state plan, I see people who probably misfire under sheer panic and lack of info. Humans do that.  

It’s pretty easy to Monday morning qb years later.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

People forget the sheer end of times panic of that time. Hell trump was begging for a shot daily. I don’t know faucci but my instinct is where you see mistakes driven by an evil deep state plan, I see people who probably misfire under sheer panic and lack of info. Humans do that.  

This is the problem with trying to weed out all the misinformation...some people just won't believe otherwise because they're so wrapped up in conspiracy that they don't want to.

The well-intentioned are vigilant, but crazy never sleeps.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I criticized Cuomo for panicking, most on here didn’t think he panicked.  I said the announcement of the Covid Vaccine discovery just days after the 2020 election as political, most on here didnt agree.

Fauci famously said that he represents science as if he was the voice of science and should not be challenged:

The arrogance of a man that *represents* science is what scientists should revolt against.  Science is a process.  Fauci tried to destroy the Great Barrington Declaration from the beginning and successfully did so.  Debate was not allowed because of the panick and we relied on one voice.  He is responsible for science being referred to as *the science*.

We are at it again with the climate change debate.  97% of all scientists agree….*the science* has spoken.  There are scientists that don’t agree, but they are being silenced because of *the science*.  Climate Change is an existential threat, we should panic, yet another emergency. Biden seems to know what to do with these emergencies, he relies on *the science*.  Completely reasonable response.

What is the biggest threat facing America?  Any idea?

Oh, by the way, humans are supposed to learn from their mistakes.

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Stop lying Salty.  I've never said AGW was the "end of times".  That comes from religion.

I have said it's an existential problem for our society, which it is.  But you don't have to sweat it, by the time it gets really serious, you'll be sitting in heaven waiting for the rest of your family, right?

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I criticized Cuomo for panicking, most on here didn’t think he panicked.  I said the announcement of the Covid Vaccine discovery just days after the 2020 election as political, most on here didnt agree.

Fauci famously said that he represents science as if he was the voice of science and should not be challenged:

The arrogance of a man that *represents* science is what scientists should revolt against.  Science is a process.  Fauci tried to destroy the Great Barrington Declaration from the beginning and successfully did so.  Debate was not allowed because of the panick and we relied on one voice.  He is responsible for science being referred to as *the science*.

We are at it again with the climate change debate.  97% of all scientists agree….*the science* has spoken.  There are scientists that don’t agree, but they are being silenced because of *the science*.  Climate Change is an existential threat, we should panic, yet another emergency. Biden seems to know what to do with these emergencies, he relies on *the science*.  Completely reasonable response.

What is the biggest threat facing America?  Any idea?

Oh, by the way, humans are supposed to learn from their mistakes.

What is the biggest threat facing America the world? 

Any idea? Humans. Specifically over population.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1