19.Louisville

20.Texas Tech

21.TCU

22.Nebraska

23.Oregon

24.Clemson

25.Alabama

My question about all these polls is this:

Are we ranking projected order of finish at the end of the season OR are we ranking actual ranking as we think the teams are now?

If we're doing actual ranking as of now, I find it very difficult to put Auburn ahead of LSU. If we're looking forward to the end of the season, given SoS, I have a tough time putting LSU above Auburn.

Are we ranking projected order of finish at the end of the season OR are we ranking actual ranking as we think the teams are now?

If we're doing actual ranking as of now, I find it very difficult to put Auburn ahead of LSU.  If we're looking forward to the end of the season, given SoS, I have a tough time putting LSU above Auburn.

239948[/snapback]

I have no problem putting AU in front of LSU...LSU lost it's starting front four on defense...and several linebackers. All were drafted by NFL squads and Kenny Irons rushed for 218 against them in Tiger Stadium. We did lose both OT's but the backups played regularly and the interior three are back.

LSU also lost 3 OL starters and they managed only 13 points vs our defense last season...I am confident that our defense will be better than last year...based on Muschamp's record.

AU plays LSU at home and early in the season, and we return the more experienced ballclub...a double advantage. We have more experience and they have um "talent"

If we're doing actual ranking as of now, I find it very difficult to put Auburn ahead of LSU.  If we're looking forward to the end of the season, given SoS, I have a tough time putting LSU above Auburn.

239948[/snapback]

I have no problem putting AU in front of LSU...LSU lost it's starting front four on defense...and several linebackers. All were drafted by NFL squads and Kenny Irons rushed for 218 against them in Tiger Stadium. We did lose both OT's but the backups played regularly and the interior three are back.

LSU also lost 3 OL starters and they managed only 13 points vs our defense last season...I am confident that our defense will be better than last year...based on Muschamp's record.

AU plays LSU at home and early in the season, and we return the more experienced ballclub...a double advantage. We have more experience and they have um "talent"

239949[/snapback]

Also, I think we have a clear edge in coaching. Because of the Tennessee collapse and the SECCG, Les Miles still has a question mark. CTT doesn't seem to have any probelm getting ready for big SEC games, and CAB & CWM are the best OC/DC tandem in the country, IMO.

I think this must be a pre-season ranking, not end of season, simply because we do play LSU. Either they or us will have that loss on their record so I doubt we both would be finishing 3in the top 4 by season's end.

239948[/snapback]

239949[/snapback]

Also, I think we have a clear edge in coaching. Because of the Tennessee collapse and the SECCG, Les Miles still has a question mark. CTT doesn't seem to have any probelm getting ready for big SEC games, and CAB & CWM are the best OC/DC tandem in the country, IMO.

I think this must be a pre-season ranking, not end of season, simply because we do play LSU. Either they or us will have that loss on their record so I doubt we both would be finishing 3in the top 4 by season's end.

239964[/snapback]

Both of these posts above are clear indication that Auburn should clearly have the advantage come Sept. In fact, I'm really surprised at all the attention that LSU is getting with the losses they have to overcome. Even with all those players they are losing, k. Irons still torched them for over 200 yards, and it took them OT to beat us last year, combined with our own mistakes. I honestly believe that Les is in WAY over his head at LSU, and will last only 3 more years. Just a guess, mind you, but he's not ready for this level. Saban did all the work for him before he left, and les is there to bring it all down.... In fact, This is how I'd predict the order of finish in the SEC West: 1) Auburn, 2) Arkansas 3) LSWHO 4)UAT 5) Ole Miss 6) Miss. State just my opinion..

I agree with you guys, except the pecking order will be 1. Auburn 2. LSU 3. Who cares 4. Who cares etc...

Another tidbit about the upcoming Auburn-LSU game, the Bayou Bengals haven't won at Jordan-Hare since 1998, and the home team has won every game since 2000 in this series. People better get ready for ND and OSU being 1 and 2 too bad both of those teams won't be there at the end of the season. Notre Dame's schedule is too tough and I can't dismiss the defensive personel turnover Ohio State has had, even though the media can and will.

Another tidbit about the upcoming Auburn-LSU game, the Bayou Bengals haven't won at Jordan-Hare since 1998, and the home team has won every game since 2000 in this series. People better get ready for ND and OSU being 1 and 2 too bad both of those teams won't be there at the end of the season. Notre Dame's schedule is too tough and I can't dismiss the defensive personel turnover Ohio State has had, even though the media can and will.

240000[/snapback]

I've said it several times: The AU-LSU game has decided the West rep to the SECCG and has been a very narrow win by the home team the last two years. I expect this year to be the same.

Hope you're right about ND and OSU losing. Possibly the AP & BCS may not have them #1 & #2 in their first polls, but if recent history has shown anything, it's that the rest of the season means nothing to these polls if the pre-season #1 & #2 don't lose. They won't drop their pre-season "chosen ones" unless forced to by a loss, no matter how poorly they play aor how great another undefeated team may be.

240000[/snapback]

I've said it several times: The AU-LSU game has decided the West rep to the SECCG and has been a very narrow win by the home team the last two years. I expect this year to be the same.

Hope you're right about ND and OSU losing. Possibly the AP & BCS may not have them #1 & #2 in their first polls, but if recent history has shown anything, it's that the rest of the season means nothing to these polls if the pre-season #1 & #2 don't lose. They won't drop their pre-season "chosen ones" unless forced to by a loss, no matter how poorly they play aor how great another undefeated team may be.

240008[/snapback]

I don't see ND getting out of their first 4 games undefeated: @GT, Penn St, Michigan, @Mich. St. If they do manage that, then I think one of the LA schools (UCLA, @USC) gets them. The real problem would be if they had only one loss. I don't see there being 2 undefeated teams this year, so you know a ND team with only one loss would be first in line to get into the title game.

240000[/snapback]

240008[/snapback]

I don't see ND getting out of their first 4 games undefeated: @GT, Penn St, Michigan, @Mich. St. If they do manage that, then I think one of the LA schools (UCLA, @USC) gets them. The real problem would be if they had only one loss. I don't see there being 2 undefeated teams this year, so you know a ND team with only one loss would be first in line to get into the title game.

240048[/snapback]

I think they will thump GT, either PSU or UM takes them down. Someone will have to have a good D to slow them down, ND will for sure have a high powered O, the question marks remain with their D. If the D is as porous as last year, same scenario....shoot outs with others ends in defeat. OSU will be good on both sides.

240000[/snapback]

240008[/snapback]

240048[/snapback]

I think they will thump GT, either PSU or UM takes them down. Someone will have to have a good D to slow them down, ND will for sure have a high powered O, the question marks remain with their D. If the D is as porous as last year, same scenario....shoot outs with others ends in defeat. OSU will be good on both sides.

240058[/snapback]

They lost 9 out of their 11 starters on defense..................

240000[/snapback]

240008[/snapback]

240048[/snapback]

240058[/snapback]

They lost 9 out of their 11 starters on defense..................

240063[/snapback]

According the preseason mags, that isn't a problem because OSU will just plug in 9 new starters without a problem. :rolleyes:

Archived