Surprise. Yawn.

otterinbham

Politics makes strange bedfellows, guys. Haven't you heard that? Why else would Romney had cut out so early? And why is he making an endorsement so early? A deal has been cut.

Politics makes strange bedfellows, guys. Haven't you heard that? Why else would Romney had cut out so early? And why is he making an endorsement so early? A deal has been cut.

No way. Romney doesn't help McCain.

Could be Romney is only being sensible, and closing ranks in behind 1 guy, McCain is the best chance for the GOP to White House.

Or, it could be that Romney's trying to tweak the Huckabee campaign, as McCain and Huckabee teamed up in one of the primaries to defeat Romeny.

Either way, I find it funny that so many Lefties are pi$$ed off at this turn of events. Seems to me they're scared of a unified GOP.

Good. They should be.

Could be Romney is only being sensible, and closing ranks in behind 1 guy, McCain is the best chance for the GOP to White House.

Or, it could be that Romney's trying to tweak the Huckabee campaign, as McCain and Huckabee teamed up in one of the primaries to defeat Romeny.

Either way, I find it funny that so many Lefties are pi$$ed off at this turn of events. Seems to me they're scared of a unified GOP.

Good. They should be.

Again I ask, have you listened to any talk radio lately. Even though the venom against McCain has eased a little, those feelings don't go away overnight. In no way is the GOP unified (as bad as I hate to admit it).

I listen to talk radio every day, and the issues where McCain has screwed the conservatives over are very real and legit. But even so, this is February, and the sting of McCain's misdeeds will heal over time, especially when we face what the Dems could do should they win the White House. That damage is well beyond the angst McCain may cause.

No way. Romney doesn't help McCain.

Oh, I think he does. First of all, he carried several states where McCain didn't such as the midwest. Second, his place on the ticket whips the mossbacks into line, without really giving them an upper hand in writing his platform.

I think the second point is particularly important, given how the Democrats may be looking down the business end of a very bruising and personal floor fight at the Democratic convention. Remember those Florida and Michigan delegates that were not to be accorded voting status? If it's a dead heat come convention time, the cries of Disenfranchisement will make the 2000 Florida recount seem mild by comparison. That, and the superdelegates, could tilt the Democratic convention in Hillary's favor. And if that happens, black voters stay away in droves. I cannot believe the Democratic Party would commit suicide like that, but they've done stupider things in their past.

McCain needs to ditch the sweater. Makes him look more old and decrepit than he already is.

The man's body is decrepit. He took a beating many years ago that few men survived. So he has earned the right to wear whatever makes him the most comfortable. A man like McCain learned to deal with who he is a long time a go. A fancy suit and an expensive tie only gives you a man like achmed Obama. All style....NO SUBSTANCE.

So show a little respect for the man. Even if you do not like his politics.

McCain needs to ditch the sweater. Makes him look more old and decrepit than he already is.

The man's body is decrepit. He took a beating many years ago that few men survived. So he has earned the right to wear whatever makes him the most comfortable. A man like McCain learned to deal with who he is a long time a go. A fancy suit and an expensive tie only gives you a man like achmed Obama. All style....NO SUBSTANCE.

So show a little respect for the man. Even if you do not like his politics.

Hey, I'm just trying to help him out. ;) CCTAU - are you now officially on board the straight talk express?

That's the thing though...they won't. They will either have caucuses for FL and MI so Obama and Clinton can campaign and make their case to them, or they will simply take the delegates and divvy them up proportionally based on the overall primary voting percentages for all states so that neither FL nor MI can be the deciding factor since the rules were put in place and consequences known before anything got going. Just as cries of "disenfranchisement" will arise from the Clinton camp, Obama's camp will point out that you can't change the rules that late in the game after resources and time were allocated based on those rules.

And the superdelegates will line up behind whoever ends up with the majority of the pledged delegates and popular vote. They don't want to be seen as hijacking the nomination, much less hijacking it from the first viable black candidate ever.

And the superdelegates will line up behind whoever ends up with the majority of the pledged delegates and popular vote. They don't want to be seen as hijacking the nomination, much less hijacking it from the first viable black candidate ever.

Bingo. This will be a non-issue. Whoever wins the popular vote (pledged delegates) will be the nominee. If Hillary doesn't win Texas AND Ohio it could be over anyways. As for MI and FL - Obama was not even on the ticket in MI and no one campaigned in FL so I'm in agreement, not sure how you could seat those delegates.

Good. They should be.

Raptor "logic." Who's pissed? I would love to see your boy Romney on the campaign trail. I wish he was the nominee. I just think McCain is too smart to have him.

Good. They should be.

Raptor "logic." Who's pissed? I would love to see your boy Romney on the campaign trail. I wish he was the nominee. I just think McCain is too smart to have him.

At least Romney is smart enough to know when to call off a fight. Huckabee is still taking pot shots at a guy who isn't even in the race, when he should be worried about McCain. Not that it matters now though. Romney's delegates all but give the race to McCain anyways.

Romney earned every potshot he's getting with the stuff he pulled against both McCain and Huckabee in this campaign. He went negative before anyone else did because he got desperate. Sow the wind...

If you want to be seen within the Republican Party as "the next Reagan" you better act like him. Reagan always said the first rule was 'never speak ill of another Republican.' Romney could just be buying him a rep for his next run.

It is funny.'Conventional Wisdom' had Hillary with a sewn up campaign and the Reps in a Dogfight. Actuality is that McCain sews it up early, Hillary is very damaged, and Obama likely wins.

The real question on this campaign, after the endorsements he has received, does Clinton Inc still fight to the death for the nomination or do they fall in line. Past indication would seem to point to a fight to the death. With Hillary conceding Wisconsin, and having to stoop to tears to win when she won elsewhere, Obama may already be the nominee. RCP says Obama will take Ohio and Texas too. It will then be over. Guys, she has spent around $130M at this point!!!!! Wow!

If you want to be seen within the Republican Party as "the next Reagan" you better act like him. Reagan always said the first rule was 'never speak ill of another Republican.' Romney could just be buying him a rep for his next run. ( Actually, Reagan called that the 11th Commandment. But I'll take everyone's word on it. I never saw any of Romeny's " attack " ads. Sounds like folks whining about the " dirty ads " which Zaxby Chambliss ran against Max Cleland. The ads which weren't dirty at all, but were simply honest and effective. Oh well. . )

It is funny.'Conventional Wisdom' had Hillary with a sewn up campaign and the Reps in a Dogfight. Actuality is that McCain sews it up early, Hillary is very damaged, and Obama likely wins.

The real question on this campaign, after the endorsements he has received, does Clinton Inc still fight to the death for the nomination or do they fall in line. Past indication would seem to point to a fight to the death. With Hillary conceding Wisconsin, and having to stoop to tears to win when she won elsewhere, Obama may already be the nominee. RCP says Obama will take Ohio and Texas too. It will then be over. Guys, she has spent around $130M at this point!!!!! Wow!

Archived