SEC Championship Game is...

TigerGlide

Anybody have any idea what to make of this? I feel like if anything has happened we would have already known about it...but maybe they know something we dont? :no:

Anybody have any idea what to make of this? I feel like if anything has happened we would have already known about it...but maybe they know something we dont? :no:

Go to the link. The article said it might be related to Garcia's thumb injury.

Garcia is banged up and not 100%....I was at the game on Sat. night and he got rocked a couple of times and injured his non-throwing shoulder/hand.

We have a tendency to punish quarterbacks anyway, with Garcia being hurt..........this is like blood in the water for our D.

WDE! Beat the Chickens!

Garcia injures hand

Stephen Garcia had a “very sore” right hand and his left arm in a sling due to a shoulder injury Sunday, but South Carolina’s junior quarterback is expected to start Saturday when the Gamecocks play for the SEC championship.

Garcia was injured in the Gamecocks’ 29-7 win over Clemson in Death Valley. He hurt his throwing hand when he hit it on a helmet while following through on a pass in the first half. He hurt his shoulder later in the game when he was thrown to the ground and landed on his non-throwing shoulder.

Garcia is expected to be back at practice by Wednesday, Spurrier said. He had his left arm in a sling Sunday, a source told The State. Another source said the quarterback had an MRI on the shoulder but stressed it was precautionary. Garcia and Spurrier discussed his thumb injury after the game but neither made mention of the shoulder injury. Garcia is fifth in the SEC in passer rating and yards per game (220.5).

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/11/29/1363253/sec-championship-game-auburns.html#ixzz16mEbkDUR

I was crusin' around on some South Carolina newspaper sites. In addition to Garcia's thumb, they say Lattimore injured his leg against Clemson, but "he should be good to go by Saturday."

Lattimore didn't finish the Clemson game, does anybody remember if Garcia finished? I watched another game when USCe/Clemson got out of hand.

I was crusin' around on some South Carolina newspaper sites. In addition to Garcia's thumb, they say Lattimore injured his leg against Clemson, but "he should be good to go by Saturday."

Lattimore didn't finish the Clemson game, does anybody remember if Garcia finished? I watched another game when USCe/Clemson got out of hand.

Garcia DID finish the game. It usually takes something HUGE for vegas to forgo a chance to make some money. That's why I'm not entirely sure it's just his thumb. Plus the injury has been known for several days and the game just gets pulled now?

Seems like it got pulled when he was held out of practice in the biggest week of the year. It's not like Garcia is so good he can afford to miss reps. I think he'll play, but if I'm in Vegas, that's a HUGE move by the Gamecocks holding him out of practice this week of all weeks.

I think it has to do with Garcia/Lattimore. Remember, with the last round of Newton rumors - Vegas didn't really have any sort of inside knowledge.

That said, normally I'd prefer to beat a team at full strenghth. But this week, if Garcia and Lattimore are out - fine by me. IMO, we've proven everything we need to. We've beaten ALL the top teams in the SEC. Last year Bama didn't play FL in the regular season so it was a different story.

We've already beaten USC, so fine by me if he's in or out. Nothing to prove by us. I just want to WIN and FINALLY at least PLAY for a National Championship!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE! BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!! :AUBig:

So that means we get to face another backup quarterback... Great...

Well it worked at the end of the Iron Bowl! :P

He was probably remembering the Arkansas backup QB.

Vegas will also pull a game if some heavy bets come in against a number. Honestly. The initial line was AU -7. I'd be willing to lay a couple bills on SC +7, that's a reasonable line considering how well they've been playing lately. The article says that the off shore betting houses still have it on the board at AU +5. That tells me that some big money came in on SC.

Keep in mind that Vegas does not like to pay out more than they've taken in on a game. Money dictates the board much more than player injuries.

I think it has to do with Garcia/Lattimore. Remember, with the last round of Newton rumors - Vegas didn't really have any sort of inside knowledge.

That said, normally I'd prefer to beat a team at full strenghth. But this week, if Garcia and Lattimore are out - fine by me. IMO, we've proven everything we need to. We've beaten ALL the top teams in the SEC. Last year Bama didn't play FL in the regular season so it was a different story.

Right on. Football is a team sport and the backups have to play when #1 goes out. This just shows that the SEC plays hard nosed football and teams need to be deep with talent.We probably have more good players at most positions than USCe. I think guys like Trotter could come in and play winning ball , for example, if Cam has to go out.

Garcia had his arm in a sling yesterday, I would think that would be the reason why... don't start panicing, if there was something new (even rumor) about Cam's status I'm sure Thayer Evans and Schalabach would already be peddling their national inquirer grade reporting on it by now.

Glide is 100% correct. I'm sure he only knows that stuff through anecdotes... since gambling is illegal and all.

Glide is 100% correct. I'm sure he only knows that stuff through anecdotes... since gambling is illegal and all.

LOL. I actually don't gamble. I suck too much at pick ems to even consider laying out cash on games.

I'm just old and wise. ;-)

Archived