Jessell Curry gone

Clint

There has been some mystery surrounding Curry since mid-season. First, unexpectedly, he was doing very well and seeing considerable playing time. Then he disappeared from the scene without a word from the coaches.

Next, in early February, Chizik commented that Curry was a "member in good standing" and he was on the spring roster. Now he's gone.

We are fast running out of warm bodies!

PS: This off-season is a good example of why not to worry about running out of slots in future recruiting classes. Normal attrition is about four plus one injury. However, that varies. This year six are already gone, three turned pro early for a total of nine, and the normal exit time, which is after spring practice, is not even here yet.

If the rumors about him is true, he should be dismissed. I hate it for the kid but no one person is bigger than the team.

I hope he straighten his problems out and be successful.

And the rumors are????

And the rumors are????

Seriously, you don't leave us hangin' like that and then not give up rumors! ]

Didn't read the article, but I heard he had a penchant for things that violated team rules. No specifics given.

Similar to what I've heard. I also remember somebody here earlier in the season saying that what he did wasn't uncommon among college students. Sorta narrows it down in my opinion. I have my suspicion as to what it was based on different things I've heard about him, but I don't have anything solid to back it up so I don't want to start a false rumor.

If anybody knows what it is, we're all anxious to hear!

Disappointing, but I can't say this is surprising in any way.

Also, Mikey, make that 10. Derek Winter was a Junior as far as eligibilty, but he graduated and moved on. That's why he was catching passes for Cam on Pro Day.

As of today...

Chizik said Jessel Curry is enrolled in school but going through personal issues. Chizik said the same about Ryan Smith. Neither are practicing. He said both were still on the team. Curry, however, plans to transfer.

Link

Interesting. I'd love to find out these guys did what was required of them and got back in good standing. Hopefully it works out.

Archived