2013 3* LB Jarrad Davis (Florida signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Kipp Adams/ESPN@KippLAdams

Camden Co. LB & #Auburn commit Jarrad Davis is VERY quick. Once he adds weight, #Tigers will have a good one.

Rusty Mansell@Mansell247

I will be surprised if Jarrad Davis of Camden and current Auburn commit does not get a bump on 247Sports soon.

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

Like what I've seen so far from #Auburn LB commit Jarrad Davis ... coming off a broken ankle and moving pretty darn well

Kipp Adams/ESPN@KippLAdams

Camden Co. LB & #Auburn commit Jarrad Davis is VERY quick. Once he adds weight, #Tigers will have a good one.

Rusty Mansell@Mansell247

I will be surprised if Jarrad Davis of Camden and current Auburn commit does not get a bump on 247Sports soon.

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

Like what I've seen so far from #Auburn LB commit Jarrad Davis ... coming off a broken ankle and moving pretty darn well

Excellent news! Thanks EDW!

The most underrated recruit in our class by far

I think so too, along with Sills. Both of them are real sleepers and will be solid 4*s before this is all over. More importantly, Davis will make this one great 4 linebacker class.

Just FYI, there was no drama with Kozan. He loved Auburn but we had 6 offensive tackles committed. Biggest decision of his life to date. I'm impressed that he chose the tough road to compete.

Just FYI, there was no drama with Kozan. He loved Auburn but we had 6 offensive tackles committed. Biggest decision of his life to date. I'm impressed that he chose the tough road to compete.

Not to mention there is nothing that says recruits have to sign on NSD. NSD is just the first day they can sign.

CBVG said he was going to recruit players and not stars, if he gets them great, but CBVG saw what he needed to on film and with speaking with the young man. I can not question his judgement.

• 2 months later...

Good game and 2 of the best HS teams in Georgia, both are undefeated. Jarrad looks to be a real gamer and is making some nice stops. He has a good instinctive feel for the game. Against some good competition like this, he sure looks better than a 3 star.

Good game and 2 of the best HS teams in Georgia, both are undefeated. Jarrad looks to be a real gamer and is making some nice stops. He has a good instinctive feel for the game. Against some good competition like this, he sure looks better than a 3 star.

Both of these teams have boring offenses. I cannot stand the wing-T crap. With the QB that Camden County has, they should be throwing the ball a ton.

Both of these teams have boring offenses. I cannot stand the wing-T crap. With the QB that Camden County has, they should be throwing the ball a ton.

The game just ended and Jarrad's team won 24-7 and now 9-0 and ranked 9th in the country. Camden has a heck of a good defense and Davis had some hard hits in that game. He has a really good nose for the ball.

• 1 month later...

Any word on Davis? Heard he was looking around -particularly Florida & Ole Miss -and was afraid his offer may not stand thru the coaching change.

Last I heard was that if he really enjoyed one of his visits then he would likely decommitt.

Hearing from some folks in Camden that he is likely to decommit. Really disappointed if true, he's a great kid and leader from what I'm told. He also is athletic enough to play the "spur/talon" position in our new defense. Hope I'm getting some bad info on this one.

Yes, I'd hate to lose him. Also heard he is a great kid and makes good grades. I think he'll be a good player. Have heard he really wants to go to AU, but he's not sure if his offer will be honored. I would hope we would stick to the offers from x-CGC's staff. Seems like VanGorder really liked him, but CEJ may not see it that way.

Yes, I'd hate to lose him. Also heard he is a great kid and makes good grades. I think he'll be a good player. Have heard he really wants to go to AU, but he's not sure if his offer will be honored. I would hope we would stick to the offers from x-CGC's staff. Seems like VanGorder really liked him, but CEJ may not see it that way.

I would hate to lose him as well. I guess that is the downside to 4 year schollies. When the coaching staff is on the fence, they may be more willing to take a chance on a 1 year scholly and see how it works out with a particular kid. With a 4 year scholly, if the coaches make a mistake it's a bigger mistake, so they are more careful.

I would hate to lose him as well. I guess that is the downside to 4 year schollies. When the coaching staff is on the fence, they may be more willing to take a chance on a 1 year scholly and see how it works out with a particular kid. With a 4 year scholly, if the coaches make a mistake it's a bigger mistake, so they are more careful.

This is a pretty ignorant statement. How many times have you ever heard of a kid having his scholarship pulled mid college career? Doesn't matter how big of a bust the player is, there is no difference between one year and four year scholarships. It would killl in the PR and recruiting departments if you pulled kids scholarships.

Even if players got guaranteed 4 year scholarships and the coaching staff didn't want them around they would still process them, pressure to transfer elsewhere, medical hardship waivers, graduate early (if they were redshirted). The only difference between 1 and 4 year scholarships is in name/PR

Archived