2016 Grad Transfer OT Tyler Catalina (UGA commit. 2/15/16)

ellitor

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

Let's just say we need another OL much less than we need some other position players.....like another couple LBs for example.

We don't need any stinkin LB's

PBRs flowing tonight already, I see.

:cheers:

Started at 8:00 this morning what's it to you................

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

Let's just say we need another OL much less than we need some other position players.....like another couple LBs for example.

You're right. We need some good LBs.

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

PBRs flowing tonight already, I see.

:cheers:/>

Started at 8:00 this morning what's it to you................

Dinking a Hendricks martini right now, buddy. Cheers and War Eagle!

Do we know any defensive coordinators who run a 6-0-5 scheme?

No we need somebody who runs a 5-0-6. Gotta stop the spread offenses. :laugh:

5-5-6

It's a player safety issue.

5-5-6

I think you have been reading too many fertilizer labels.

This would actually be a good defense if done the right way. Then again maybe not!

No we don't (need any more OL)

I haven't read recently... How does the staff feel about Darius James? Is he expected to take one of the OT spots? Does he play up to his lofty ranking?

I haven't read recently... How does the staff feel about Darius James? Is he expected to take one of the OT spots? Does he play up to his lofty ranking?

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a starting spot next year. I see him at guard though, with Braden shifting to the outside.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a starting spot next year. I see him at guard though, with Braden shifting to the outside.

Good thoughts. Thank you.

I personally hope Braden stays at guard. I like his mobility at pulling guard. I'd like to see Kozan and Smith around the right out in front of JR on the buck sweep!

I personally hope Braden stays at guard. I like his mobility at pulling guard. I'd like to see Kozan and Smith around the right out in front of JR on the buck sweep!

Agreed.

I think the OT is between Horton, Leff and James. If I had to predict I would say Horton LT, Leff RT, and James as 1st backup for each position. All the talk I heard on this board and others was how well Horton was practicing. Leff has the experience. I believe they will want to keep Smith, Golson, and Kozan as a very effective unit in the middle of the O-Line. That said we have a new O-Line coach so after he evaluates his players all bets are off.

This would actually be a good defense if done the right way. Then again maybe not!

It could be extremely effective if you took the 2 outside guys along the line, slimmed them down to about 230, backed them off the line a few yards, then moved them towards the center of the field a bit.

Furthermore, could be lights out if those 2 guys could also read an offense, had great lateral movement, and a nose for the football.

The 6-0-5 sounds revolutionary. Kudos on the idea.

If he still has that OV date coming up, unless he cancels, then he has not signed anywhere. the financial papers he signed with ISU confused some after ISU posted some info that led falsley the fact he had also sent in his signing letter...

If he signs with anyone except Iowa State does that mean Iowa State would be have committed a violation because they already received his financial aid papers? Wasn't there something similar that happened where LSU got some penalties because of something like this?

It could be extremely effective if you took the 2 outside guys along the line, slimmed them down to about 230, backed them off the line a few yards, then moved them towards the center of the field a bit.

Furthermore, could be lights out if those 2 guys could also read an offense, had great lateral movement, and a nose for the football.

The 6-0-5 sounds revolutionary. Kudos on the idea.

I see what you did there.

5-5-6

I prefer the 8-4-6 Defense.

It has the goal-line run-stuffing advantages of the Gap-8, combined with the 3-4's LB concepts, along with a Dime DB package to stop the pass.

If he signs with anyone except Iowa State does that mean Iowa State would be have committed a violation because they already received his financial aid papers? Wasn't there something similar that happened where LSU got some penalties because of something like this?

Only if Iowa State contacted him during one of the non-contact periods. That would be the "after the fact" violation. Also, of he goes elsewhere, Iowa State has still used that slot for 2016.

Only if Iowa State contacted him during one of the non-contact periods. That would be the "after the fact" violation. Also, of he goes elsewhere, Iowa State has still used that slot for 2016.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Although I'd love to scream "It's the frickin Catalina Wine Mixer!!!!!" after every good block, I'm not sure I'm seeing that this helps us much. I dunno, not feeling this one.

Careful what you sorta but don't really wish for:

7_4284404.jpg

So what you're saying is he's got potential to be our Catalina Line Fixer

Archived