2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pivotal in regards to Martez Ivey's recruitment right?

Pivotal, unlikely. Helpful, probably.

And we got an excellent H-Back prospect in Cox.

This is pivotal in regards to Martez Ivey's recruitment right?

Pivotal, unlikely. Helpful, probably.

And we got an excellent H-Back prospect in Cox.

Taking nothing away from Cox at all, freak athlete. But I'd love to have his best buddy Martez on board with him!

When Gus has a 3-Back he can count on, it is essentially a Guard eligible (not literally) that makes both the run and pass games more effective.

“@Niebuhr247: New #Auburn commit Chandler Cox is a tough dude. Practiced last week with a cracked rib if my memory is correct”

Cox will be a great blocker

Council, Cox's skill set is better than just a blocker. He will be more integrated into the offense with pass catching. He can really run and as you said, block as well. The kid is a terrific athlete. This is great news. Welcome to the family Mr Cox!

We need kids like this! Great haul.

His body and running style remind me of Will Herring when he played QB at Opelika.

I was trying to think about who he reminded me of and you nailed it. Good call.

He stated he will take no more recruiting visits and 100% Auburn. He will try to recruit Tez to Auburn as hard as he can. He called Tez just after committing to Auburn

He stated he will take no more recruiting visits and 100% Auburn. He will try to recruit Tez to Auburn as hard as he can. He called Tez just after committing to Auburn

Great news. I would love to have both Tez and Chandler.

Great news. I would love to have both Tez and Chandler.

It sounds like if Chandler has anything to do with it we will! I love what I'm hearing about this young man.

"@Niebuhr247: New #Auburn commit Chandler Cox is a tough dude. Practiced last week with a cracked rib if my memory is correct"

Understanding it's been written he was "playing a game Friday near Tampa" (?), what crazy staff is letting him practice/play in May with a cracked rib?

"@Niebuhr247: New #Auburn commit Chandler Cox is a tough dude. Practiced last week with a cracked rib if my memory is correct"

Understanding it's been written he was "playing a game Friday near Tampa" (?), what crazy staff is letting him practice/play in May with a cracked rib?

Spring game in Winter Haven

Very illuminating read. This really caught my attention:

AL.com: What role do you see yourself playing at Auburn?

CC: More like a (Philip) Lutzenkickchen-type, out in the slot and moving with motion and stuff. They want me to block, go out for passes, run the ball some and play some Wildcat quarterback where I can throw and run. I really like the plan they have for me.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/chandler_cox_says_auburn_plans.html

Very illuminating read. This really caught my attention:

AL.com: What role do you see yourself playing at Auburn?

CC: More like a (Philip) Lutzenkickchen-type, out in the slot and moving with motion and stuff. They want me to block, go out for passes, run the ball some and play some Wildcat quarterback where I can throw and run. I really like the plan they have for me.

http://www.al.com/sp...burn_plans.html

I read that, and all I can see in my head is an image of CGM in some lab somewhere cackling madly while lightning strikes. Gosh, I love our coach, and I'm loving the fact he's getting more toys to play with.

Well, Lutz was our starting H-Back in 2011. I suspect that's how we intend to use Cox as well. Commentators used to highlight Lutz to show which way the ball was going (did the same thing with Prosch last year). This just confirms that we see him as a more dynamic guy than just a pure blocker.

Big time get. FB/HB are huge spots in this offense.

Archived