2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

Prosch had good hands. I firmly believe that he would have been utilized more in the same way had NM been more familiar and comfortable with his role within the offense.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very illuminating read. This really caught my attention:

AL.com: What role do you see yourself playing at Auburn?

CC: More like a (Philip) Lutzenkickchen-type, out in the slot and moving with motion and stuff. They want me to block, go out for passes, run the ball some and play some Wildcat quarterback where I can throw and run. I really like the plan they have for me.

http://www.al.com/sp...burn_plans.html

I read that, and all I can see in my head is an image of CGM in some lab somewhere cackling madly while lightning strikes. Gosh, I love our coach, and I'm loving the fact he's getting more toys to play with.

Love it! Dr. Gustav, mad scientist. And speaking of toys, I'm thinking Dr. Gustav is putting together the collection of his dreams. Can't wait to see what he does with 'em.

CC doing a good job recruiting Tez. We have a ligit shot for Tez

Tez = Ivey in PBR-ville, for those playing along at home.

CC doing a good job recruiting Tez. We have a ligit shot for Tez

Cox is going to fit in very well in our offense and Ivey, even per Bleacher Report is a perfect fit for our offense. It would be so great to get him.

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly why the bump. I did see today that he will be an early entry to AU. He will enroll in December per his twitter.

Not exactly why the bump. I did see today that he will be an early entry to AU. He will enroll in December per his twitter.

Good info JFD.

Good info JFD.

great news! who of the Auburn commitments are on schedule to enroll early?

Edit: checked myself.....Carr, Jovon, Tony Bridges, Chandler Cox, Jason Smith

Potential Auburn early enrollees include Holland, Patterson, and Christian Kirk

Good info JFD.

great news! who of the Auburn commitments are on schedule to enroll early?

Edit: checked myself.....Carr, Jovon, Tony Bridges, Chandler Cox, Jason Smith

Potential Auburn early enrollees include Holland, Patterson, and Christian Kirk

That's if AU has enough December grads to take them all early. With us being at the 85 limit now the number of EEs you bring has to be at or less than the number of December grads. So if only 4 of our 20 Seniors graduate in December then only 4 from those you named above can EE.

Or a kid could choose to pay for a semester himself to get a jump ...

Chances of a highly recruited kid out of high school doing that is very low, especially hyds having to pay OOS tuition. The chances of a flip would be much higher because other teams would have room for that player. See Pat Miller and LSU.

Chances of a highly recruited kid out of high school doing that is very low, especially hyds having to pay OOS tuition. The chances of a flip would be much higher because other teams would have room for that player. See Pat Miller and LSU.

But didn't you (or maybe it was Mikey) say more attrition is expected before Fall.

But didn't you (or maybe it was Mikey) say more attrition is expected before Fall.

I believe Mikey said we've already reached average attrition (9, if I recall). Of course, more could occur.

We've had nine drop off already. Normally one or two don't show up for fall practice but that's not a given. I'm surprised to hear that we're at the full 85 right now, but I don't have the time or inclination to verify that at the moment.

Attrition can happen at any time. I was just stating things given how they are now. That always can change.

We've had nine drop off already. Normally one or two don't show up for fall practice but that's not a given. I'm surprised to hear that we're at the full 85 right now, but I don't have the time or inclination to verify that at the moment.

Link

Link

Well then, I guess we won't be handing out any "courtesy" scholarships to former walkons in August. That's a good thing, though it was always a feel good story when a half-dozen got a scholarship for their last year. Gotta' take the bitter with the sweet!

Link

Well then, I guess we won't be handing out any "courtesy" scholarships to former walkons in August. That's a good thing, though it was always a feel good story when a half-dozen got a scholarship for their last year. Gotta' take the bitter with the sweet!

I can't remember - when is your attrition cut off for your calculations? Something in my mind says it was start of camp.

I'm just trying to figure out how long I have to go down to AU and play hall monitor.

Link

I can't remember - when is your attrition cut off for your calculations? Something in my mind says it was start of camp.

I'm just trying to figure out how long I have to go down to AU and play hall monitor.

7/1 I believe

Archived