Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

I don't think you know much about Coker. He had more help and less responsibility than AJ McCarron. He killed them with turnovers against Ole Miss. He's solid with an incredible supporting cast. The degree of difficulty for him is about a 4 out of 10.

In an effort to turn the conversation, NCM and Davis and Stove appear to be the kind of WRs that can make solid to good QBs look like very good QBs, much like Aromashodu, Obomanu, Taylor, and Mix did with Brandin Cox in 2005. I love bringing in a class of guys to grow and compete together.

Maybe dial back the pomposity and chalk it up to difference of opinion? Citing the Ole Miss game as representative of his whole season is bizarre, btw.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he played for us the same people would be making the case he was great. Just how it works

Yup.

And, for real, trade QBs with bama and we win the IB. Dude made huge plays in that game. Plays that only good QBs make.

If he played for us the same people would be making the case he was great. Just how it works

Yup.

And, for real, trade QBs with bama and we win the IB. Dude made huge plays in that game. Plays that only good QBs make.

They DEFINITELY lose to Tennessee without him as well

I don't think you know much about Coker. He had more help and less responsibility than AJ McCarron. He killed them with turnovers against Ole Miss. He's solid with an incredible supporting cast. The degree of difficulty for him is about a 4 out of 10.

To be fair to Coker, he was almost the reason that Alabama came back and won the Ole Miss game. I remember an inspired performance from that game and frankly, I believe Alabama would be undefeated right now had he started.

Also, of course he has less responsibility than AJ McCarron, arguably the greatest quarterback in Alabama history and a three year starter. I'm not sure what that says about Coker, but it certainly doesn't degrade his value to the Alabama team.

Good gracious. I will chalk this one up to a difference of opinion. The guy is Blake Sims or Greg McElroy. More power to him, but he would not have been a difference maker for us.

As for the responsibility thing, that's my point. McCarron had no responsibility in 2011 until the national title game. Until he proved it over and over, you didn't know much about his talent level. That's where we are with Coker. He's going to be a late round draft pick based on quality measureables, but the rest is up in the air.

No one ever said he would be a difference maker for us, but that point was skipped over 2 pages ago.

If we don't have a difference maker at qb next year (i.e. someone who can take a game over himself) we are going to absolutely need a group of them on the outside. Craig seems like a prime candidate to fill that void.

Didn't realize this was a Coker thread. I clicked to find info on Nate Stevens....oh well

Won't find info in Nate Stevens here either:)

Barnacle, multiple people said he would've been a difference maker for us , would've won at least two more, including the iron bowl.

Lol. He does play better than the guys we had this year....sorry. Who is Nate Stevens? Can he throw?

A redshirt junior that has graduated can transfer. In fact, that's mostly who does transfer. Now, exactly what we want with a one-and-done QB is a question I find to be a bit of a puzzle.

We'll have JJ, White, Queen, JF3 and Barrett next August. If we can't get a winner out of that, applicant #6 probably won't be it either.

JJ has shown that he can't cut it. Barrett and Queen- for all practical purposes- will be true freshmen. JF3 may or may not be useful at QB, but he has certainly not played a game against an SEC team in their own house, and there's no indication that he would have done so nearly as capably as Jenkins. There's ongoing debate about whether or not he's even got a legit shot at playing QB.

If any kid- one and done or not- is a decent student and person and is capable of winning more games than the guys on the roster, then we should be taking interest.

This reminds me of people saying we shouldn't recruit Russell Wilson- what would 2011 have looked like?- not that this kid is necessarily even interested.

If our coaches are going after Jenkins, that's a very, very bad sign--2012 part 2 (remember when our coaches were making a late push at Winston?) That said, if Gus really can make a pocket passer work in this offense (I really think White can work in an offense), and/or if JF3 can become Nick Marshall II (see what I did there?), and/or if Queen recovers, we could be in good shape.

We made a late push at Winston because before that late push we were banned from recruiting him. Some of Trooper's mis-steps, I think. Otherwise we'd have been after Winston throughout.

Trooper didn't do a damn thing wrong but Rich M still recommended that Troop need to sit for a while because Trooper made Rich "nervous".

A redshirt junior that has graduated can transfer. In fact, that's mostly who does transfer. Now, exactly what we want with a one-and-done QB is a question I find to be a bit of a puzzle.

We'll have JJ, White, Queen, JF3 and Barrett next August. If we can't get a winner out of that, applicant #6 probably won't be it either.

JJ has shown that he can't cut it. Barrett and Queen- for all practical purposes- will be true freshmen. JF3 may or may not be useful at QB, but he has certainly not played a game against an SEC team in their own house, and there's no indication that he would have done so nearly as capably as Jenkins. There's ongoing debate about whether or not he's even got a legit shot at playing QB.

If any kid- one and done or not- is a decent student and person and is capable of winning more games than the guys on the roster, then we should be taking interest.

This reminds me of people saying we shouldn't recruit Russell Wilson- what would 2011 have looked like?- not that this kid is necessarily even interested.

If our coaches are going after Jenkins, that's a very, very bad sign--2012 part 2 (remember when our coaches were making a late push at Winston?) That said, if Gus really can make a pocket passer work in this offense (I really think White can work in an offense), and/or if JF3 can become Nick Marshall II (see what I did there?), and/or if Queen recovers, we could be in good shape.

We made a late push at Winston because before that late push we were banned from recruiting him. Some of Trooper's mis-steps, I think. Otherwise we'd have been after Winston throughout.

Trooper didn't do a damn thing wrong but Rich M still recommended that Troop need to sit for a while because Trooper made Rich "nervous".

Hmmmmm .... That doesn't sound good. Compliance is important, but it's not everything.

Hmmmmm .... That doesn't sound good. Compliance is important, but it's not everything.

Rich seems to be prone to taking TOOOOOOO much caution on a few things. Our brethren in the SEC are getting away with things that AU will not do due to our abundance of fear of the dreaded NCAA.

I didn't like our compliance dept until the Cam Newton lies. Then when everything was documented and we were squeaky clean, I appreciated them.

I didn't like our compliance dept until the Cam Newton lies. Then when everything was documented and we were squeaky clean, I appreciated them.

I appreciated being squeaky clean, too.

I do think compliance is important.

But I still don't think it's the most important thing. If Trooper really wasn't doing anything wrong but was held back from recruiting just because he made compliance nervous, that's taking it too far, IMO.

AU's compliance office didn't have to do too much in this situation. AU was clean and there was nothing to hide. Don't get me stated with the stuff I'm told Rich and his bunch are doing to Pearl.

AU's compliance office didn't have to do too much in this situation. AU was clean and there was nothing to hide. Don't get me stated with the stuff I'm told Rich and his bunch are doing to Pearl.

:thumbsup: I've heard from a completely independent source that if Pearl leaves Auburn soon (and he might) it will be because he's being handcuffed by Compliance.

:thumbsup: I've heard from a completely independent source that if Pearl leaves Auburn soon (and he might) it will be because he's being handcuffed by Compliance.

Heard the same.

If Pearl leaves because of compliance conflicts, then we have an AD that simply can't keep the best coaches by making sure he doesnt have all the resources to compete for championships.

And i really really dont believe the compliance conflict with Pearl. Unless it is something that crosses the line, then Pearl knows he has to be squeaky clean.

Someone is going to have to tell me the exact area the compliance fight concerns before i believe PEarl could leave because of it...

Heard the same.

Interesting. I've been told by an AU basketball insider that despite dealings w/ our compliance everyone else in the AD know how important it is to do everything to keep Bruce happy & have done so.

Archived