***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Lulling Clemson into  a false sense of security by rotating Qbs for 2+ quarters was Gus' plan all along.

Edited by Ronin

Just now, Charhair said:

Can you explain why Gus made that change from jf3 though? You're one of the brightest football minds I know and I just can't wrap my mind around it. He had the defense on their heels.

we would be running away with this game with a 2009 caliber offense 

It's mainly fear and a lack of faith I believe. Look at a lot of Gus' moves. He is too cognizant of fan pressure and knows one pick from a less talented passer means HUGE embarrassment. 

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

It's mainly fear and a lack of faith I believe. Look at a lot of Gus' moves. He is too cognizant of fan pressure and knows one pick from a less talented passer means HUGE embarrassment. 

I guess I understand that. I just see classical Gus philosophy as running that same play until it ends up being 3rd and long or 4th down

3 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Can you explain why Gus made that change from jf3 though? You're one of the brightest football minds I know and I just can't wrap my mind around it. He had the defense on their heels.

we would be running away with this game with a 2009 caliber offense 

It made zero sense! JF3 has been the only QB to move the offense all night! I don't care what nobody says. He's likely our best chance to win this game unless Gus gets  his head out of his azz!

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Keep Sean in. Period!

At this point I agree. You need someone to establish momentum, or confidence. JJ is going to be shook by having took him out, and SW needs to get into the swing of things.