Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's how I see it.  Gus gets a pass for last night.  He may have thought he really had something to combat the #2 team in the country, even if it seemed stark raving mad.  That being said, if the QB carousel continues, after being his biggest defender, I'm going to have to join the move on crowd and say that it's time to see how much it will take to get Herman. I hate the constant coach rotation, but last night was pure high school.

49 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd like them to go to Houston, Texas. Today!

49 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd like them to go to Houston, Texas. Today!

Herman at Houston has had a  very good 1st year plus a very good game yesterday.  Look for him to be the next HC at Texas, Texas A&M or LSU.

wde

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Here's how I see it.  Gus gets a pass for last night.  He may have thought he really had something to combat the #2 team in the country, even if it seemed stark raving mad.  That being said, if the QB carousel continues, after being his biggest defender, I'm going to have to join the move on crowd and say that it's time to see how much it will take to get Herman. I hate the constant coach rotation, but last night was pure high school.

i figured that you would come around at some point during the season......peace

The problem is that the same person that hired Chizik and Gus is still in the position to hire the next HC.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

The problem is that the same person that hired Chizik and Gus is still in the position to hire the next HC.

wde

yep....the only way that can be changed is in the financial coffers....butts in the seats...a serious email campaign to gogue and the trustees, phone calls to the ticket office asking for refunds (now, this is not something that would happen, its just another way to garner attention)......the powers- that- be have to be shaken....i have never called in to a call in show, but flooding them with calls of dissatisfaction is something else to think about....i have no idea that these things would work.....i do know that as long as the financial aspects are not threatened, nothing will be done

I'd really hate to go through yet another HC change esp. when we don't have to do so. Gus is fully capable but he just chooses not to change and that could very well be his downfall. If we had anything of a real AD he along with Gus would have to have a long talk. But if we have to make a change i say pay Tom Herman whatever he wants! I just hope that neither TX A&M or LSU will be in the market for a HC at the same time we are b/c if i'm Tom...i'd certainly go to those places first considering who our AD is. 

52 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Herman at Houston has had a  very good 1st year plus a very good game yesterday.  Look for him to be the next HC at Texas, Texas A&M or LSU.

wde

This is why i'm hoping TX A&M and LSU have a decent season where they can keep their HC. I think Herman would take either one of those jobs before AU.

13 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

$5,000,000 for this crap show? We are awful on offense. Malzahn gave this game away with his stupid playcalling and personnel changes. He is an idiot.

He's probably getting a raise because we only lost by 6.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

This is why i'm hoping TX A&M and LSU have a decent season where they can keep their HC. I think Herman would take either one of those jobs before AU.

If Houston goes to the BIG 12 and he gets a big raise he might not leave. Houston Is in a good spot right now

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

If Houston goes to the BIG 12 and he gets a big raise he might not leave. Houston Is in a good spot right now

You're right. Ton of talent in TX and plenty that wouldn't mind going to TX...esp. Houston TX. That 5 star DE true freshman that plays for him made history when he decided to go to a school outside the power 5. These kids will go where they know good coaching will be. 

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you people here posting this foolishness the same ones that were booing at the game? The only thing shameful tonight is the behavior of some of our fans, both at the game and in this thread. This is nonsense.

You serious, Clark?

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

You're right. Ton of talent in TX and plenty that wouldn't mind going to TX...esp. Houston TX. That 5 star DE true freshman that plays for him made history when he decided to go to a school outside the power 5. These kids will go where they know good coaching will be. 

Agreed. He's showing that they can win there which is all the need. Impressive win by them yesterday as well. They won't have trouble with getting recruits this year

Food for thought:

If Gus was an OC, how many head coaches would tolerate the musical chairs that he pulled last night?

The offensive ineptness we saw rivals Nallsminger.  What is complete joke.  Even Vandy doesn't pull that crap. 

10 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I won't disagree about the coaching side of development. But having one person leading the offense leads to having a cohesive offense, and more importantly tempers the quarterbacks abilities. I will disagree about not having any good QB's. As I said, I'm a believer in Sean White, from a personal execution standpoint as well as the execution of quarterbacks around him. I think the best thing for us to do is take a page from Saban's book is let those who can't produce, ride the bench, instead of playing Coach Friend who let's everyone have a fair shot against the no. 2 team in the nation...

As my uncle pointed out... if I were Sean and was named starting QB to have to go through this wheel of quarterbacks; if this goes on into the Arky State game I'd start planning my transfer. And that's how you run off the Elite 11 MVP of 2013 from your program.

So everyone is quick to point out TJ Neal should be kicked off the team for voicing frustrations, now you guys really want someone to transfer because he didnt get the playing time he think deserves?  Oh and being MVP of the Elite 11 doesn't mean squat. Over half Elite 11 MVPs never did anything in college, so that isn't really a measuring stick of sure fire success.

10 hours ago, tiger88 said:

None of them are any good? You're claims are just plain stupid. How can one of them be good when as soon as they succeed they are pulled? That's the OC's fault? What kind of hc lets an OC do that? Anyone who thinks rl runs this O by himself is a complete buffoon. Gus is the hc and "offensive genious". I've never heard rl referred to as an offensive genious. 

You insult highly rated and skilled qbs who have given their hearts to AU, and protect the "offensive genious" who has failed to develop them. You have some nerve. You should be ashamed of your apologetic a$$. 

Ok, so you think one of the QBs showed they had ANYTHING last night? If not the 2 horrible sacks he took, JJ was the one who seemed to drive the ball the most. 

They may be great guys, and I have no doubts about that. but do you think anything we saw last night from our QBs qualifies them to be "hhighly skilled and gifted?" They were that at the previous level. None have shown a remote possibility of being so at this level.

And wow I'm so glad the mods are doing their jobs. I was under the impression that direct name calling like that wasn't allowed. There are sure some I'd like to call dumb @$$ (as you basically called me) but I don't.

And if Lashlee isnt doing THE NORMAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN OC, THEN WHY IS HE HERE? WHY DO WE PAY HIM OVER HALF A MILLION PER YEAR IF HE DOES NOTHING, AND ISNT NEEDED? FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.

I'm not apologetic for anyone. I just don't put blame on the wrong person, like so many of you are doing. Lashlee sucks! I've said it since he got here. Fire him immediately. That isnt being apologetic

6 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

The is the delusional I was talking about - that you believe this OC crap you are spewing. This is all on Gus. This "OC" is Gus' hire. It's his boy. Why? So Gus has a yes man that does everything he wants. Everything you saw on offense tonight - all the insanity - was Gus Malzahn. Period. He even said as much in his presser.

What is he going to say "I screwed up giving Lashlee too much?" No he is going to say its on him. He is the head coach. Of course its on him, and so what you are saying is that Gus should of said " Guys, don't blame Lashlee. He isn't a part of the offense. I do everything. He is getting the blame for something thats my doing." 

Right. Seems legit.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wow......last week this time it was a matter of how bad we would get beaten....and now we want to fire Gus because of a 6 point loss and the fact that he did not do things the way we would have. 

My biggest concern was that the OL was getting manhandled and didn't matter who the QB was, he never had time to effectively run a play and the RBs were being met in the backfield as soon as they got they ball.  Mostly what changed in the second half was that the OL began providing some protection and holes and QBs started making a few plays.

Meanwhile, looks like his indecision over the QB selection was valid......but with that porous OL it was hard to tell and I expect that's what was going on in practice too....the defense dominating our offense.   I'm expecting some changes on the OL this week....especially at RT where Lett was abused so badly.

Right! If anyone  would of told me we hold Clemson under 20, I'd of bet my life we win. 

So much complaining after losing by 1 score to the #2 team in the nation, the best offense we will see all year, and the best QB.

Sure offense was inept. But I refuse to blame the HC regardless if he is an offensive minded coach. He has an OC. If the offense sucks, its on the OC. Some people must not know football works

5 hours ago, auskull said:

The score was not indicative of how bad the Offense got whipped. The OL was outmanned by Clemson's redshirt freshmen and sophomores. Our center and right tackle got schooled. The O PLAN was simply embarrassing, kind of "high schoolish" to my old eyes. Schemes my work when we have an elite player here and there but not when the other team is eyeballs deep in upper level talent. After four years, we must know by now that recruits who would be great at Arkansas State simply cannot keep us competitive in the power 5. I am referring to the Offense recruits since I believe the D has been handled more traditionally by seasoned D coordinators. Last year may have been our best O recruiting in the Gus era. Maybe too late. I honestly don't know who we could get if we fired him. No top level coach would leave to come here given our hire for 4 years and then fire policy. Tubbs was much better than we deserved. Somethings wrong at the admin level here. Gus is learning on the job and is smart enough to get better but that will take a redefinition of Offensive recruits needed in the power 5. Big and fast beats smaller and fast. Thank goodness for the great Defensive play.

The absolute ONLY thing that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game. If Rudy Ford picks off that ball like he should of, he takes it to the house, and we win the game. Then a lot of these "fans" of ours would be shut up.

5 hours ago, cctiger said:

Gus has been in over his head ever since he left Arky State for the Plains.

Right. I'm sure you were screaming that from the rooftops in 2013. 

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

When you walk to the podium in a post game press conference and say "that was our plan all along " to do that rotation..and he plans to continue doing it..I can not wrap my mind around it. I just hope when he watches the film today, he sees how stupid he looked last night and changes something.. Change anything..

Again, what's he gonna do? He is the head coach. It all falls on his shoulders. He had to say that, even if he planned on choaking Lashlee to death in the locker room post game.

3 hours ago, wareaglexx said:

If Auburn pulled out the Win in the final seconds,, How many of you would still be  saying File The coaches?

very, very few.  You would laughing all the way to the bank, so-to-speak and would be saying "They will get much better "Next Week."

On the other-hand:

The three-ring qb circus was a joke and made Auburn look stupid. For that, Gus has to get rid of Rhett, more sooner than later.  Failure to do so should terminate both.  At that point, go after CDC. Auburn seems to like giving up-and-coming coaches the opportunity to use them as a door-step. Of course CDC has been a coach at big time schools where Gus was a one-trick-pony.  Gus's problem, Big time coaches figured out how to stop his offence, now he must adjust or get out..

Not throwing in the towel completely, just yet, but am willing should the circus continue beyond two more games. None of the QB's were given a dog's chance in h_ _ _ to get a feel for the game or to get any rhythm the first half.

Sean - "I just thew for a first down, I got this"

coach - "next man up!"

JJ - "I just made two good passes, I got this"

coach - "next man up!"

Franklin - "I can out run all you MF!"; "Dang coach won't let me run, I have to hand-off."

coach - "next man up!"

voice from a-far - "what the heck you going to do now?" "None of the QB's have any confidence." "you can't do this!"

coach - "Rinse and Repeat"

voice from a-far - "This is not the time to have QB-Spray-and-wash!"

Coach - "Next!"

Very well said. Especially the bolded part. Although bringing in CDC would be a mistake. We need to not wait until next year to bring in Kendall Briles.

3 hours ago, Bathel said:

Technically, he was a UGA commit and signer... who was kicked off their team and taken in by us... so... no he wasn't a Gus Recruit... just saying.

Gus's offense seems to require a very "dynamic" QB to work well.  Those QB's are far and few between... so in years we don't have that type of QB it seems we can't "adapt" that offense to a manageable system.  I don't like the term... but it really seems to be a "one trick pony"... As a Head Coach, you major role besides recruiting is to model the offense and defense around the talent you have... leading the OC and DC to help them with the options at hand... if you are not smart enough to see the HUGE pitfalls in the scheme we are using and not willing to make a change when you see it's not working... then you have no use as a HC, IMO.

Actually, once an athlete goes back into recruiting, they become a recruit again, thus the term. He was originally a Georgia defensive back recruit. Then when he completed JR college he became a recruit again. 

He was signed by Gus. Nice try though.I don't know if it was your post or not, but whoever I replied that to, had said Gus inherited the entire 13 team. When that was just wrong in so many ways. Some of the guys we saw in 13 were freshly signed (Lawson, Adams, Daniels, Marshall) but most had signed when Gus was the OC. So they came here to be part of his O, but please do continue...

Do you people want to be behind Bama forever? We keep up this coaching musical chairs and we will always be that other team in the state. Of course by some of your comments, it appears that's exactly what you want. I'm starting to think some are Bama fans in here. You are sure acting like them.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Do you people want to be behind Bama forever? We keep up this coaching musical chairs and we will always be that other team in the state. Of course by some of your comments, it appears that's exactly what you want. I'm starting to think some are Bama fans in here. You are sure acting like them.

Nah, it is called reality. This is a crap show that costs around $5,000,000. It is actually embarrassing. I feel sorry for the players and support them wholeheartedly.

I've never been so embarrassed to be an Auburn fan.  PeeWee coaches have a better gameplan than Gus/Lashlee did.  Most of the players didn't even know about the qb circus plan.  Is Gus going to be able to keep the team believing in his idiocy after he let them bleed their hearts out on defense only for him to sabotage them on offense?  If I was a recruit, I'd be gone.  If I were a veteran player, I'd have the seed of doubt planted in my head.  I've defended Gus since we got him, but I can't do it anymore.  I truly think in his mind, he's a genius with a perfect plan, but in reality, he's a bust.  He can take Lashlee's no-talent rear end right back to high school and small collegiate programs.  I think at this point, if we somehow ran the table, I'd still want him gone.  That's how frustrated I am after last night.  Nothing but praise for the defense.  No small feat to keep Clemson from running up the score after our offense just kept giving them the ball back.  And whatever we do, let's not kick field goals to keep us in the game with one of the top kickers in the country.  Just give it to JJ and let him throw an interception or turn the ball over on downs.  Great coaching numbnuts. 

I'm not calling for him to be fire YET! I'm calling for him to get his act together. But it would make zero since to keep a HC who simply refuses to change and make adjustments that puts our team in better position to win games. How is that ever acceptable? We have all the talent in the world but if we don't have a HC to guide that talent...we're simply going to be losing games with very good talent and when and if that coach gets fired it's going to affect recruiting immensely and take even longer for us to get back on track. Again...i'm not to the point of saying fire Gus but his press conference sure didn't help him any; along with his actions last night.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Because Herman has done Oh so much? Their former coach who lit the world on fire is on a hotter seat than Gus.  

There are no open superstar coaches. And that is what we would HAVE to have to even consider firing Gus. I truly think a real OC will make all the difference in the world. Now if Kendall Briles gets here and stinks it up as bad as Lashlee, then by all means. But its just too soon to fire Gus without a SURE FIRE SUPERSTAR coach to replace him. Go give 7 million per year for chip Kelly? Sure. Harbaugh even though he won't leave Michigan, then sure. But those guys arent going anywhere. All firing Gus will do is set us back ANOTHER half decade.

1 minute ago, FistyMcBeefpunch said:

I've never been so embarrassed to be an Auburn fan.  PeeWee coaches have a better gameplan than Gus/Lashlee did.  Most of the players didn't even know about the qb circus plan.  Is Gus going to be able to keep the team believing in his idiocy after he let them bleed their hearts out on defense only for him to sabotage them on offense?  If I was a recruit, I'd be gone.  If I were a veteran player, I'd have the seed of doubt planted in my head.  I've defended Gus since we got him, but I can't do it anymore.  I truly think in his mind, he's a genius with a perfect plan, but in reality, he's a bust.  He can take Lashlee's no-talent rear end right back to high school and small collegiate programs.  I think at this point, if we somehow ran the table, I'd still want him gone.  That's how frustrated I am after last night.  Nothing but praise for the defense.  No small feat to keep Clemson from running up the score after our offense just kept giving them the ball back.  And whatever we do, let's not kick field goals to keep us in the game with one of the top kickers in the country.  Just give it to JJ and let him throw an interception or turn the ball over on downs.  Great coaching numbnuts. 

I've been more embarrassed as an Auburn fan - see the 2012 season - horrendous 

2 minutes ago, FistyMcBeefpunch said:

+1

Archived