2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

My statement isn't based on this one recruit.  It's been a pattern of his.  If Jay Tate is talking, I'm listening.

JGT rehiring JLee back a few years ago made less than 0 sense.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well that was disheartenig. I really wanted Ross. But oh well. We are set at WR anyway, but it sure would of been nice to pick up the #1 player in the state for once... not to mention, a WR of his skill...

This hurt. Not because of need, but because I really wanted him and it's yet ANOTHER kid from our back yard NOT coming to Auburn. 

I don't think Auburn/Opelika is our backyard any more. If anything it seems like it is a recruiting disease of late.

Maybe they see TOO MUCH negative information on Auburn, since they live so close to the school. Who knows...

20 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I don't think Auburn/Opelika is our backyard any more. If anything it seems like it is a recruiting disease of late.

Maybe they see TOO MUCH negative information on Auburn, since they live so close to the school. Who knows...

I obviously can't speak for high school kids, today, but I know when I graduated the thing I wanted to do most was get the heck out of my home town, and it's at least twice the size of Auburn/Opelika. Auburn is a phenomenal school, but there is something to be said for stretching one's wings.

• 9 months later...

Dude made the right decision. He is killing it there with a phenom at QB. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude made the right decision. He is killing it there with a phenom at QB. 

DUDE!!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MOTHER FRICKIN’ REMIND US ABOUT ROSS?!?!?!

EDFCA7D0-C1FA-42A8-BB9C-7C047185212D.gif

I watched him Saturday. He is a flat out stud.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

DUDE!!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MOTHER FRICKIN’ REMIND US ABOUT ROSS?!?!?!

EDFCA7D0-C1FA-42A8-BB9C-7C047185212D.gif

I watched him Saturday. He is a flat out stud.

Misery loves company. And Auburn makes me miserable right now lol.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Misery loves company. And Auburn makes me miserable right now lol.

If he'd come here people would be saying he's a bust that can't get separation, he's a good blocker though.....

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If he'd come here people would be saying he's a bust that can't get separation, he's a good blocker though.....

Sad thing is that's what our staff has turned some of our WRs in to.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

This is absolutely true. We use 4 and 5 star WRs to freaking block. Gus has to be one of the biggest wasters of WR talent college football has ever seen! lol

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is absolutely true. We use 4 and 5 star WRs to freaking block. Gus has to be one of the biggest wasters of WR talent college football has ever seen! lol

What about all of Alabama’s receivers that have to block for their running game?   Go back as far as Julio, they all have to block.   Our problem is not that they have to block, it’s the passing game without any professional concepts to attack a weakness 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

What about all of Alabama’s receivers that have to block for their running game?   Go back as far as Julio, they all have to block.   Our problem is not that they have to block, it’s the passing game without any professional concepts to attack a weakness 

I think everybody acknowledges that wr's have to block, but the number one job is to catch passes. That's the craft that should be prioritized. NOBODY is going to draft them because they are good blockers only....that's more like a cherry on top

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

They also have this foreign and novel concept of having a lot of 1k yard WRs!!! Something we have only had twice IN OUR FRICKIN WHOLE PROGRAM HISTORY! and something we have not had at all since Ronny Daniels in Tubs first year of 1999.

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Something we have only had twice IN OUR FRICKIN WHOLE PROGRAM HISTORY! and something we have not had at all since Ronny Daniels in Tubs first year of 1999.

Gus needs to dust off the Tulsa '07 game films...he had three (3!!) WR's with 1,000 yards receiving that year.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Gus needs to dust off the Tulsa '07 game films...he had three (3!!) WR's with 1,000 yards receiving that year.

What's crazy is Gus was a WR. You'd figure he would throw to them more.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Wonder if Ross ever has second thoughts about committing to Clemson instead of Auburn 🤔......?

Who's Ross? Also, did you see that game that Odell Beckham had for Clemson last night? 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who's Ross? Also, did you see that game that Odell Beckham had for Clemson last night? 

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this post, and thread in general. Seeing these studs from right in our own back yard go elsewhere and ball out like that is somewhat depressing though....

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

What's crazy is Gus was a WR. You'd figure he would throw to them more.

I thought Gus was a DB?  

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this post, and thread in general. Seeing these studs from right in our own back yard go elsewhere and ball out like that is somewhat depressing though....

I can't offer my full thoughts on the possibility of Ross coming here without bashing Gus, so I'll just say I'm really glad he didn't go to bama. 

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I thought Gus was a DB?  

Video or didn't happen.  Dabo on the other hand was quite the deep threat in his day, understands wide receivers shouldn't be blocking all the time.....

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Wonder if Ross ever has second thoughts about committing to Clemson instead of Auburn 🤔......?

Which wr would be me for Gus? The deep guy, or inside guy? One thing we can all agree on is he wouldn't be a redzone threat. People were actually mad at him for making that decision 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Which wr would be me for Gus? The deep guy, or inside guy? One thing we can all agree on is he wouldn't be a redzone threat. People were actually mad at him for making that decision 😂😂😂😂

The kid made an elite-level decision.  I'm pretty sure I applauded him the whole way IIRC.  Every once in a while a top recruit chooses a school that just makes sense, and this was one of those decisions.  Hitched himself to a school that not only sh**s out NFL receivers, but he did so coming alongside one of the best passing QB prospects in YEARS.  The idea that we could compete with Clemson in this battle was Curb Your Enthusiasm level comedy.  I actually would have felt kind of bad for him if he did, for some reason, sign here.

36 minutes ago, metafour said:

The kid made an elite-level decision.  I'm pretty sure I applauded him the whole way IIRC.  Every once in a while a top recruit chooses a school that just makes sense, and this was one of those decisions.  Hitched himself to a school that not only sh**s out NFL receivers, but he did so coming alongside one of the best passing QB prospects in YEARS.  The idea that we could compete with Clemson in this battle was Curb Your Enthusiasm level comedy.  I actually would have felt kind of bad for him if he did, for some reason, sign here.

I'm pretty sure I would've felt for him like I do the tight ends that sign here

Archived