A little bit of nighttime action the last few days

3655B764-985D-4C7C-BF88-23100B2A5FA9.jpeg

8A792671-B351-4640-B67F-E5DDCAA6C21D.jpeg

BDC2F4FE-469F-4AFC-9A66-4DDD732D2960.jpeg

Reminds me of a scene in stranger things, ET, Jurassic park etc. amazing pics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been a minute since I checked this thread but I had to show my new creation.  Wife is making me concrete our counter tops. I’m doing a few less committed projects for practice. This is pallet wood. They are a _______ to take apart  

89383DBE-EA18-401E-B549-B4C0A91535BE.jpeg

Edited by alexava
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Been a minute since I checked this thread but I had to show my new creation.  Wife is making me concrete our counter tops. I’m doing a few less committed projects for practice. This is pallet wood. They are a _______ to take apart  

89383DBE-EA18-401E-B549-B4C0A91535BE.jpeg

One of my sons practicing to make counter tops for an outdoor kitchen. Several years ago one of the Building Science professors at Auburn used concrete tops in his remodeled kitchen. Turned out nice.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

A little bit of nighttime action the last few days

3655B764-985D-4C7C-BF88-23100B2A5FA9.jpeg

8A792671-B351-4640-B67F-E5DDCAA6C21D.jpeg

BDC2F4FE-469F-4AFC-9A66-4DDD732D2960.jpeg

If I were doing this job; I would take all my pictures at night...that way the brown stain on my pants wouldn't show up...

Praying that you and your team-mates are protected in that hellish environment.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

If I were doing this job; I would take all my pictures at night...that way the brown stain on my pants wouldn't show up...

Praying that you and your team-mates are protected in that hellish environment.

Thanks man! We are back safe and sound. This fire was really interesting. When we left, it was over 80% contained and the fire was burning well interior of any containment lines. The first day of high winds, the fire spotted 1/2 mile outside of containment and off to the races it went. It grew another 75000 acres in two days. 😳

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

New puppy, who dis? This is (Chris) Farley. We wanted to name him Ferris Bueller, but he simply lacks the smoothness of the namesake. He’s an 8 month old pit mix that loves to watch TV. 

VN6GNl1.jpg
fvPbeTN.jpg
IXZez0z.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

New puppy, who dis? This is (Chris) Farley. We wanted to name him Ferris Bueller, but he simply lacks the smoothness of the namesake. He’s an 8 month old pit mix that loves to watch TV. 

VN6GNl1.jpg
fvPbeTN.jpg
IXZez0z.jpg

Congrats! Love the name. Cute pup.

Looks like we're going from zero to two pretty fast. Got the 5 yr old spaniel in June and we're on deck for a puppy in December. Damned good thing, because I was dangerously close to having 5 minutes of quiet on any given day to just focus on myself. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Congrats! Love the name. Cute pup.

Looks like we're going from zero to two pretty fast. Got the 5 yr old spaniel in June and we're on deck for a puppy in December. Damned good thing, because I was dangerously close to having 5 minutes of quiet on any given day to just focus on myself. 

I have to say, I had forgotten just how rowdy a puppy can be. We were spoiled with our last rescue who was pretty much a bump on a log most of the time. Farley is learning to be chill though at an alarming rate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I have to say, I had forgotten just how rowdy a puppy can be. We were spoiled with our last rescue who was pretty much a bump on a log most of the time. Farley is learning to be chill though at an alarming rate. 

I'm sure the game Saturday will cure him of that.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

One more from the beach trip. Jaws, anyone?

00DB159B-C691-47D7-9CA5-DFF5AE2DC92D.jpeg

D2061F38-65FA-490D-A739-A78112373784.jpeg

Put a sausage ball on a hook! What's the worst that could happen??

Interesting effect on the camera. Can't quite put my finger on it.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Put a sausage ball on a hook! What's the worst that could happen??

Interesting effect on the camera. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah, it is a really cool feature. Night mode on an iPhone 12 Pro. Basically long exposure.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:06 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

One more from the beach trip. Jaws, anyone?

And all the times I've been snorkeling for flounder at night I never thought about sharks and thankfully never saw one.   😬

• Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Tigermike said:

And all the times I've been snorkeling for flounder at night I never thought about sharks and thankfully never saw one.   😬

Not really surprised you have never seen one….bet you a bag of Cheetos that a shark has seen you.

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Talk me out of buying another pup to keep this one busy 😬

3B9PQw3.jpg

TuZCkIF.jpg

No can do, amigo. I went from vehemently opposing any dogs before January to us getting a 2nd one in November. My wife is very manipulative. Congrats on Farley's new buddy in advance. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Talk me out of buying another pup to keep this one busy 😬

3B9PQw3.jpg

TuZCkIF.jpg

It depends on if you get one of another sex.  I did the same thing and, for companionship, it was great.  However,

E2C0C786-DB46-4B2B-A8E5-FBF7DBDD9B10.jpeg

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

The wife was anti-dog...kids finally wore her down...Rowdy joins family.  Within 6 months the wife was wanting a companion for Rowdy.  Rowdy and Dixie (my bird dog) are inseparable.  Just like the kids, completely different personalities and both a lot of fun.  

signal-2021-08-27-125959_001.thumb.jpeg.991d7cb210da1e741307976e4229c7a9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1