AU Summer Picnic Visitor list & thread (7/22)

WFE12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I would actually go as far as to say we are trending with Quay. However we have 5 big time lbs we are in on. QW RJ ZM MH and CT. I believe we will get 3 of them and MH is a given. I would love for the 3 to be MH CT and QW but I don't believe at the his time we will get CT.  And QW is Def not a given with him committed to bama and UGA also on the mix. I believe ZM will commit very soon if we give him go ahead. I believe we could see a QW flip this weekend this is just my opinion though. CT, MH, QW, and one of RJ or ZM would be a hell of a haul at lb. CT is not likely with USC East leading atm if we get him back on campus soon watch out. I aso believe Hill commits this weekend.

Who is RJ?

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

Who is RJ?

Jibunor.

58 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I would actually go as far as to say we are trending with Quay. However we have 5 big time lbs we are in on. QW RJ ZM MH and CT. I believe we will get 3 of them and MH is a given. I would love for the 3 to be MH CT and QW but I don't believe at the his time we will get CT.  And QW is Def not a given with him committed to bama and UGA also on the mix. I believe ZM will commit very soon if we give him go ahead. I believe we could see a QW flip this weekend this is just my opinion though. CT, MH, QW, and one of RJ or ZM would be a hell of a haul at lb. CT is not likely with USC East leading atm if we get him back on campus soon watch out. I aso believe Hill commits this weekend.

There's also a new LB in the mix visiting for the picnic tomorrow who Keith thinks ends up as a 4*.

Have to say, I'm a little disappointed about Ross being a no, Fields being a probably not, and Pierce being a no idea.  I'd love to have at least one of our 3 biggest offensive skill player targets.

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Have to say, I'm a little disappointed about Ross being a no, Fields being a probably not, and Pierce being a no idea.  I'd love to have at least one of our 3 biggest offensive skill player targets.

Ross can't. He's in a 7 on 7 tournament this weekend.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ross can't. He's in a 7 on 7 tournament this weekend.

Would he have come anyway? He's been to AU so many times.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Would he have come anyway? He's been to AU so many times.

My guess is yes but I don't know.

16 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Thanks for the rundown! 

Say we get 3 guys at LB not named RJ, but RJ still wants to commit. Would we still take him, given his potential versatility? I feel like he's been mentioned as everything from LB to safety to DE. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the rundown! 

Say we get 3 guys at LB not named RJ, but RJ still wants to commit. Would we still take him, given his potential versatility? I feel like he's been mentioned as everything from LB to safety to DE. 

I hope we would.  That kid is a freak athlete.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for the rundown! 

Well we see him as a Buck which is a hybrid DE/LB. Including the Buck if we get 3 LBs not named RJ then we will likely have gotten Tindall as the Buck. In that scenario I'm not sure we get or take RJ. There has been no talk of us looking at him as a safety & we would not take him as a Strongside End. He doesn't project to be big enough. In the end I don't think the hypothetical matters as I think RJ would be 1 of the 1st 3 to commit or flip. Also with Tindall getting his dream offer from FSU 2 days ago I think he drags his recruitment out some now.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well we see him as a Buck which is a hybrid DE/LB. Including the Buck if we get 3 LBs not named RJ then we will likely have gotten Tindall as the Buck. In that scenario I'm not sure we get or take RJ. There has been no talk of us looking at him as a safety & we would not take him as a Strongside End. He doesn't project to be big enough. In the end I don't think the hypothetical matters as I think RJ would be 1 of the 1st 3 to commit or flip. Also with Tindall getting his dream offer from FSU 2 days ago I think he drags his recruitment out some now.

Thanks. I also just re-read 23's post that I quoted and he kinda already answered as well. He expects 3, but we would take 4:

I believe we will get 3 of them

CT, MH, QW, and one of RJ or ZM would be a hell of a haul at lb. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks. I also just re-read 23's post that I quoted and he kinda already answered as well. He expects 3, but we would take 4:

Funny thing there is we are recruiting RJ & ZM at different positions: RJ at the Buck & ZM as a MLB.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why are 4-star WR Justyn Ross and 4-star DT Coynis Miller are no-gos?

Miller is going to Florida's shindig today but will be at AU next week for a multinight visit.

From Keith's free real time cook out thread added these guys to the OP...

4-Star DE Caleb Tannor
4-Star CB Christian Tutt
3-Star Buck Andres Fox
3-Star LB Rosendo Louis

From Keith

My best guess on commit watch:

-LB Mike Harris (possible) 
-LB Zakoby McClain (possible --- but no sure thing he can make it) 
-WR Matthew Hill (possible -- but there are some who think early Aug. now) 
-S Jamien Sherwood (possible -- even though he says "fall" decision)

I can't promise they'll be one today -- but I know AU is working hard and thinking it is very possible.

From Keith

LB Zakoby McClain will NOT BE ABLE to make it today. Just can't work it in, as he's heading home from West Virginia with family.

That's the bad news.

The good new for the Tigers: He plans to visit Auburn next Saturday and T-Will may very well get him all alone.

Scatch McClain off COMMIT WATCH for today.

On 7/20/2017 at 6:56 PM, ellitor said:

There's also a new LB in the mix visiting for the picnic tomorrow who Keith thinks ends up as a 4*.

1) Is this Rosendo Lewis, Keith refers to? What do we know about him?

2) If John Marsh got an offer at camp on Friday and commited, was he invited to stick around and attend the BBQ?

30 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

2) If John Marsh got an offer at camp on Friday and commited, was he invited to stick around and attend the BBQ?

Believe he went home

Archived