Pettway is a mess

bigbird

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There was certainly plenty of talk about both SW and KP. Might as well have been Spicoli and Ricky Williams

XjtdOp.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not here to pile on but a diagnosis from a living room TV over the best ortho guy in he world, Dr.  Andrews.  I think i'll go with the Doc on this one.  

I highly doubt that Dr. Andrews handles the day-to-day rehab of our players. It's not like he's just Auburn's team doctor. Most of that is handled by the university and a lot of it is students.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I highly doubt that Dr. Andrews handles the day-to-day rehab of our players. It's not like he's just Auburn's team doctor. Most of that is handled by the university and a lot of it is students.

Yes under the direction of Dr. Andrews and Dr. Goodlett.  

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No... I'm not. Maybe these kids came in with problems, maybe they didn't, but there was zero talk about issues with Sean or Kam prior to their injuries. Seems to me that we have players with a long term injuries getting bored, maybe depressed, and self-medicating and no one is keeping an eye on that until they try to come back to the field and it's already a big problem. It's not like drug use among the players is new territory for Auburn, it played a big part in blowing up the team in 2012. We should know how to deal with it productively. 

plenty of talk was going on with them and several others

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Yes under the direction of Dr. Andrews and Dr. Goodlett.  

Then I would argue that Dr. Goodlett needs to ask himself how players under his care can get so messed up on drugs that they are basically unable to return to the field after being very successful just a year prior... but that's just me.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Then I would argue that Dr. Goodlett needs to ask himself how players under his care can get so messed up on drugs that they are basically unable to return to the field after being very successful just a year prior... but that's just me.

You are using injuries and drug use in connection.  KP and SW were known "party" guys before they were ever injured.  

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

XjtdOp.gif

Doing that with cleats would definitely make someone a mess. :-\

The basic stance by almost every NCAA athletic department is don't get caught and don't show up under the influence/affect your performance.  While some think they should be put to higher standards because of their opportunity, which is a fair argument the reality is they are no different than any other student finding them self in college.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You are using injuries and drug use in connection.  KP and SW were known "party" guys before they were ever injured.  

Even with that being the case (which I did not know), they had it under control enough to both have solid seasons, Sean for 2 years and Kam for 1, but when they were sidelined from football, it got far enough out of control that it could have basically ended their careers. That tells me when a player is on the field, the coaches keep them in check, but when they aren't, they are allowed to spin out of control. Which is extra disturbing considering the dangers of mixing recreational drugs with pain meds.

Just now, DAG said:

These are adults , right?  Asking for a friend.

Depends on what you are arguing.  In this case, yes, you are going to say that they are adults, but if they get off on a drug charge, then you will argue that they are just college kids doing the stupid stuff that "we all did". Funny how it works that way.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Depends on what you are arguing.  In this case, yes, you are going to say that they are adults, but if they get off on a drug charge, then you will argue that they are just college kids doing the stupid stuff that "we all did". Funny how it works that way.

No. Being in college is no excuse to break the law. Now that is maybe how it works in your world , but not mine. 

33 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Really?  I never heard a peep about either prior to their injuries. 

We heard peeps about Kyle Davis tho

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Even with that being the case (which I did not know), they had it under control enough to both have solid seasons, Sean for 2 years and Kam for 1, but when they were sidelined from football, it got far enough out of control that it could have basically ended their careers. That tells me when a player is on the field, the coaches keep them in check, but when they aren't, they are allowed to spin out of control. Which is extra disturbing considering the dangers of mixing recreational drugs with pain meds.

It wasn't under control while they were having their success. You admittedly don't have all the facts on this, so it seems you might be out of your depth on this topic.

42 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I suspect what AU has vs many (most?) programs is a head coach who actually puts a value on their personal accountability and who's willing to actually cut talented players from the team instead of sweeping their shenanigans under the rug because they can produce.

That is actually to Gus' credit, IMO.

I think a large contingency here are only interested in wins. 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

These are adults , right?  Asking for a friend.

Right.....and coaches trying to treat them like adults get criticized and coaches (like Chiz) who treated them like the immature teens most of them are also got criticized.   Coaches in a no win situation with guys who live off campus and come and go as they please. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Right.....and coaches trying to treat them like adults get criticized and coaches (like Chiz) who treated them like the immature teens most of them are also got criticized.   Coaches in a no win situation with guys who live off campus and come and go as they please. 

As someone already has said , maybe too Gus’s own fault , he honestly tries to protect his players. I personally believe he tried to protect KP with the gray area in the injury thing and he definitely tried to protect SW. it comes a point of time when someone is going out on the limb for you, you need to take responsibility for your own action. During this time of not playing , both could’ve had some serious reflection on how their actions may impact their future. KP is seeing these ramifications and I feel bad for him to an extent, but he should know better. Especially with him being a family man. Learning lessons.

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There was certainly plenty of talk about both SW and KP. Might as well have been Spicoli and Ricky Williams

That’s a hilarious mental image.

It's frustrating to think what we could possess if he had kept his head out of his posterior (hint: it's tall and gold). Thanks Bubba! :-\

17 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

So 3 players get tossed for "drugs" and we have a rehab department problem?

:homer:

Not sure what the means...but drug rehab is a long road for many people....and most younger people don't recognize the need for the help.   Gotta give the guys the chance but guess I'm not surprised that guys caught with one violation will get caught again eventually and not good for a team to have drug users hanging around since I read that many of them will try to encourage friends to join them.  Got to get them away from the team. JMO

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It's frustrating to think what we could possess if he had kept his head out of his posterior (hint: it's tall and gold). Thanks Bubba! :-\

He already possess one...

24K_Waterpipe_1024x1024.jpg?v=1446149567

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not sure what the means...but drug rehab is a long road for many people....and most younger people don't recognize the need for the help.   Gotta give the guys the chance but guess I'm not surprised that guys caught with one violation will get caught again eventually and not good for a team to have drug users hanging around since I read that many of them will try to encourage friends to join them.  Got to get them away from the team. JMO

I highly doubt there is a football team at any level of NCAA competition that is clean from drug use.  Just is not a reality

Archived