Motivation for the Alabama Game

abw0004

Funny coming from a player on a team that hasn't been much better in recent years.  It's not like uat has been winning titles or anything even remotely close to it in the sport.  Hilarious.

31 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Funny coming from a player on a team that hasn't been much better in recent years.  It's not like uat has been winning titles or anything even remotely close to it in the sport.  Hilarious.

Exactly. He's talking trash and he knows it.

My guess is we come out with Kentucky game like intensity but play more effectively.

id assume, since Bama is not an offensive juggernaut, we will see a few of the walkons at strategic times, to eat up a handful of minutes - maybe out of media timeouts if the game is close or we have a lead, particularly in the first half.

the crowd will be jacked.  Players like Dunbar and okeke will be crucial.  My opinion is okeke is the most important player for the rest of the season, particularly on defense.

bama's game plan will be to feed their bigs inside, try and get Horace in early foul trouble, and then continue to work inside against our 6'7" Okeke & 6'4" Dunbar (assuming he take over for Anfernee).  It's gonna be an uphill struggle for us so we better be hot on our 3 pointers.

Really all that happens now is that Horace steps into the role Anfernee was playing, and Chuma stays in his same role, but with extended minutes. I think you have to try and recreate the production, statistically, that McLemore gives you, and Horace is a guy who can block and alter shots, and get you 4-10 points a game. I think Spencer is gonna be a big determining factor the rest of the way. He actually may be more of a threat to pull a post move and score where McLemore was more of a put-back guy.

May sound like a broken record but the line seems high (-7.5) given the fact we are without Mac and most seem to think we do not match up well with Alabama.  I think I read Mac was like 8th in the nation on blocks.  Need some magic here.

Tonight is Iron Bowl trophy night....that and a win over bama would cap off a very good day on the plains...

Playing at home against our biggest rival, trophy ceremony, playing for Mac, REVENGE for the last loss, SEC regular season title could be on the line. Lots to play for tonight. Should be a very emotional building.

We can just about wrap up an SEC regular season CHAMPIONSHIP if we beat bammer.  No other motivation should be necessary.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:52 PM, alexava said:

Gotta hit 3s. That’s all there is to it.  

Yup. This team is like the 2016 Warriors. Hit 10+ 3s and you’re unbeatable. Struggle from 3 and if you’re facing a good team, you’re toast. 

14 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yup. This team is like the 2016 Warriors. Hit 10+ 3s and you’re unbeatable. Struggle from 3 and if you’re facing a good team, you’re toast. 

I think you might be slightly underrating a team that went 73-9.

No amount of motivation should allow us to compensate for being this shorthanded. 

If we win, Bama should call it a season.

BP gonna have to do some serious coaching tonight......it can be done but the shooters will need to be on their game...

I hope he can get some stomach meds and pull it together. I hate to see any player suffer though in that I just got over something similar. A dose of Zofran and some lomotil could help.

Archived