2020 4* LB Demouy Kennedy

WFE12

27 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How are Cox and Demouy related?

It's more of the collective than one instance. The numerous gaffs down there have taken their toll, specifically on the HS coaches & that affects the recruits. As WDE said the coaches down there talk to each other & know each other well. We have a bad rep down there & that affects all Mobile area recruits.

27 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What have we done to screw ourselves with Demouy?

Again, the collective affect of the numerous gaffs.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

LSU offered and signed a 3*  linebacker from Mobile. We could’ve offered him and got a pipeline going but didn’t.

I'm not talking 1 year. There are others over recent years we wanted but didn't land.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do you have any idea how many AU people are here in the Mobile area coaching? It's not as bama as you think it is. Not at all. 

No. I have no idea.   And I am not trying to pretend like I know anything.   It just seems strange to me that we have historically had numerous problems in Mobile and not other places, while bama gets away with ALOT in the same area.  There has to be a logical reason.  I just don’t know what it is.  

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

No. I have no idea.   And I am not trying to pretend like I know anything.   It just seems strange to me that we have historically had numerous problems in Mobile and not other places, while bama gets away with ALOT in the same area.  There has to be a logical reason.  I just don’t know what it is.  

@ellitor has mentioned it a couple times. 

18 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

What does bama get away with? 

winning the big games we are supposed to win in 2019 will go a long way in landing recruits to the program. I have read on multiple recruits we are pursuing that they are waiting to see how we do on the football field. We come out of the gate strong and stay that way, we will land our share of top shelve recruits.

20 hours ago, auol72 said:

I thought you were connected WDE? You know very well if you are what they get away with in Mobile, no need to say it here.

Why not say it here. Not saying they didn't in the past but name something post Yelden. That affected AU. 

The L. Cox situation seems pretty straight forward.  Sounds like we told the kid and his family one thing - for months - then told his coach something else last minute.  I'd be ticked off also.  Someone used the word disingenuous ... sounds like an apt word in this case.  As far as other Mobile area issues, we just have to keep at it and some of this will blow over after a year or 2 - if we are consistent.

13 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

The L. Cox situation seems pretty straight forward.  Sounds like we told the kid and his family one thing - for months - then told his coach something else last minute.  I'd be ticked off also.  Someone used the word disingenuous ... sounds like an apt word in this case.  As far as other Mobile area issues, we just have to keep at it and some of this will blow over after a year or 2 - if we are consistent.

How we communicated that message is where distrust could come from.  If we communicated to his coach, “hey, let Cox know if DL doesn’t work out, we’d love to try him at OL.” That’s completely different than, “hey coach, just between you and me, DL may not work out for him and that’s OK b/c we’ll move him to OL.”  One statement is up front and the other statement is evasive (and a stupid thing to say!)

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How we communicated that message is where distrust could come from.  If we communicated to his coach, “hey, let Cox know if DL doesn’t work out, we’d love to try him at OL.” That’s completely different than, “hey coach, just between you and me, DL may not work out for him and that’s OK b/c we’ll move him to OL.”  One statement is up front and the other statement is evasive (and a stupid thing to say!)

It wasn't the first way...

maybe some of our recruiters need a class on knowing when to shut up and let what's gonna be be .

I've had a deal sealed before and yet I kept running my mouth..   

54 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

maybe some of our recruiters need a class on knowing when to shut up and let what's gonna be be .

I've had a deal sealed before and yet I kept running my mouth..   

As my wife-who's done a lot of marketing, PR and business development- likes to say, "Don't sell past the yes."

14 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since decommitted from Auburn, I wonder where Demouy has thought about who he wants to sign with.

Lobo's baby

On 3/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, mustache eagle said:

How could him and his family be ticked off about us misleading them, when he was committed to Tennessee for months leading up to signing day?  Integrity works both ways, or not at all. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:20 AM, bigbird said:

It wasn't the first way...

On 3/14/2019 at 7:13 AM, AUDevil said:

I wonder if any of it had to deal with us under recruiting and missing out on the Oline position versus letting things play out.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, auburn4ever said:

Since decommitted from Auburn, I wonder where Demouy has thought about who he wants to sign with.

Look at it this way, Demouy thinks about it Demouy realizes he had it right the first time. :rimshot:

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Who's Lobo's baby?

:gofig:

Who's britt????? Never heard of you. You must live in Yankee land.........................................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:07 PM, lala said:

Sounds like ship may have sailed ......   

It might be sailing right back to AU.

• 1 month later...

Archived