Stidham

corchjay

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Honestly with the season over as it is, I would start a new QB and prevent JS from getting injured prior to the NFL draft.

In all seriousness I would play a ton of Willis against Liberty to have an idea of where he is at.  I am so tired of going into a season not knowing anything about our starting QB.  Liberty is the time and the team to have serious playing time for anyone not redshirting.  We gain nothing watching our starters trounce Liberty.

I don't know about all the mixing because I don't see any abnormal talent stidham possess, and I didn't see anything that was incredible with Sean white either. Just give me Nick Marshall and I know that's at least 3 wins

I'm thinking if you mixed a little Jeff Klein, some Daniel Cobb, a pinch of Clint Mosely, a splash of Ben Leard's sophomore season, a bit of Meiko Collier, and sprinkle in just a little of Zeke Pike we would be undefeated right now probably.

5 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

In all seriousness I would play a ton of Willis against Liberty to have an idea of where he is at.  I am so tired of going into a season not knowing anything about our starting QB.  Liberty is the time and the team to have serious playing time for anyone not redshirting.  We gain nothing watching our starters trounce Liberty.

Do you think that is going to happen? KJ carried the ball (22) times last year against ULM. That was the game between Georgia and Alabama. You would think a coach would want to rest his starters against such a team, especially with Alabama the next week. I am serious, (22) carries!

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't know about all the mixing because I don't see any abnormal talent stidham possess, and I didn't see anything that was incredible with Sean white either. Just give me Nick Marshall and I know that's at least 3 wins

Yeah that's kind of a good question. If you had to mix part of Stidham, what part would it be? 

Does his fiance count?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 10:41 AM, NorthGATiger said:

I think Fitzgerald is an average at best QB and I think we beat UT, LSU, and MSU with the way he plays.  This is a QB league and a QB game.  How good would Tom Brady or Drew Brees be if they showed the fire, leadership, and will to win of JS.

Fitzgerald is the most overrated QB ever. Hes a terrible passer and is dependent on a good offensive line to get his rushing yards, the only thing hes good at. He is not elusive. We wouldve been even worse with him. 

On 11/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Tiger said:

I'm thinking if you mixed a little Jeff Klein, some Daniel Cobb, a pinch of Clint Mosely, a splash of Ben Leard's sophomore season, a bit of Meiko Collier, and sprinkle in just a little of Zeke Pike we would be undefeated right now probably.

Go ahead and throw in a little Gabe Gross, Kiehl Frazier, and Woody Barrett while you’re at it!  😂😂😂

I don’t think this years Stidham is any different than last years Stidham.  If you look at the games Auburn lost last year, minus LSU, and the games we’ve lost or played poorly in this year the common theme is no running game. Stidham is a more than capable QB but other than the end of TaMu he’s yet to prove he can throw a team to victory.  I don’t know Xs&Os we’ll enough to tell you what the issue is but he and Auburn need balance in this offense for it to work.  I think Sean White was great by the way.  I know that’s not a popular opinion but that guy was a gamer and probably saved this Auburn team from a really bad year in 2015 and did well when not injured in 2016.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:43 AM, corchjay said:

Legit question and don't turn this into a bash Stidham thread...

But... What would our record be this year if you could take Stidham's size and talent and mix it with Sean White's field generalship and heart?

Legit answer, about the same maybe one more win. Would not change the play calling, the OL or the running game. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:36 AM, corchjay said:

OK... how about Stidham and Burrow from LSU swapped teams?  What's each teams record?

Stidham has been just OK. But you still have the same plays, OL and running game. 

42 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Legit answer, about the same maybe one more win. Would not change the play calling, the OL or the running game. 

You're ruining corchjay's strategy of making Stidham the fall guy for 2018.

I know the online has not been good but timing and escapability have not seemed to be Stidham’s strong points. Can make all the throws but also seems to not throw as well on roll outs.  For you coaches on the board. Would him not doing as well on roll outs and lack of escapability not take away play calls that would take pressure of the line? Also, would it not alow the D to rush without worrying about getting burned by him escaping and finding an open receiver. He seems like a play action drop back QB that would be a great QB back in the Tuberville days.

edit: not talking about lack of running game. That pic is pretty clear.

I just saw a stat that said JS ran for over 50 yards last year and was the difference in picking up critical third downs with his legs.   That is one of the problems this year.   No running threat from the QB

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I just saw a stat that said JS ran for over 50 yards last year and was the difference in picking up critical third downs with his legs.   That is one of the problems this year.   No running threat from the QB

Phil Savage....who i cannot stand by the way....every since he called JHS a dump....anyways he had an interview or article about the IB and mentioned JS having to run the ball like he did last year. This has driven me crazy all year.. I posted in another topic a few days ago about this but there have been so many times on the read options that If JS pulls it its so wide open even a caveman could do it ( throwback) but seriously Drew Carry could rack up 10-15 yards on these plays.....I dont know if he is misreading the end or tackle, or scared to pull it, or if they are just designed give plays that resemble a zone read option in every aspect but it drives me nuts and i think our running game would be much improved.....still below average but much improved.

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Phil Savage....who i cannot stand by the way....every since he called JHS a dump....anyways he had an interview or article about the IB and mentioned JS having to run the ball like he did last year. This has driven me crazy all year.. I posted in another topic a few days ago about this but there have been so many times on the read options that If JS pulls it its so wide open even a caveman could do it ( throwback) but seriously Drew Carry could rack up 10-15 yards on these plays.....I dont know if he is misreading the end or tackle, or scared to pull it, or if they are just designed give plays that resemble a zone read option in every aspect but it drives me nuts and i think our running game would be much improved.....still below average but much improved.

I think they are designed. I think his runs vs bammer last year were predetermined too. I have seen nothing to indicate he has done anything he’s not programmed to do. But I gotta agree. To stay close he’ll have to keep a few. 

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

And with our poor OL, we desperately need the zone read to get a numbers advantage in the blocking.

Is Stidham better today than he was when he played at Baylor? Not bashing. Just genuinely curious of the boards opinion. 

7 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Is Stidham better today than he was when he played at Baylor? Not bashing. Just genuinely curious of the boards opinion. 

Statistically no, but he is playing a lot more now , than at Baylor. He only played three full games at Baylor TBH. Small sample size to gauge off of.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:20 AM, NorthGATiger said:

Honestly we are undefeated.  Our defense does not play like it did Saturday night with an offense fighting and clawing to give it all it's got.  If we completed half of the pass attempts where JS get's happy feet too quickly then we are in the chips.  The announcers are even talking about the WRs that are running free that he is missing.

Indeed we would be. Blame Gus or Chip. Not JS.

Archived