Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'm a bit of a young'n but has Pat Nix's offenses been good?

It was good one day, for one play and I gotta' say it was pretty awesome.  I guess if you're going to get one shot, that's the one to hit. ;)

35 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

hugh freeze likely in as OC for TN

I wouldn't bet on it.

36 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Chip still OC... (likely to remain)

Don't see a scenario where Chip is back next year.

27 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

It doesn't matter who the OC is. He will be running Gus' O how Gus sees fit. We could bring in Sean McVay  and our O would look the same.

Yup! We could bring in the Chiefs' OC & Gus's mind would actually say to himself, "He don't know crap about offense compared to me."

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! We could bring in the Chiefs' OC & Gus's mind would actually say to himself, "He don't know crap about offense compared to me."

Hey! He created the Wild Cat, Kenny O!

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not at all. What has Chip accomplished that would warrant a 100k bonus?

He fulfilled his contract

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That's a sweet deal. We will pay you for the duration of your 2 year contact and when it's up, we will give you $100k, so you have some walking around money while you're trying to figure out who you go coach for next. 😂

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Also, what the heck were the goals in his contract? 

Goal 1.

Just be present, don't leave, and don't die during this two year period.

Goal 2.

There are no more obligations.

Congrats Chip! Welcome to Auburn. Home of shooting yourself in the foot! War Damn!

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Also, what the heck were the goals in his contract? 

Goal 1.

Just be present, don't leave, and don't die during this two year period.

Goal 2.

There are no more obligations.

Congrats Chip! Welcome to Auburn. Home of shooting yourself in the foot! War Damn!

The situation Chip was in was not his fault.  He was brought here under false pretenses that his boss either never intended to fulfill, or couldn't resist reneging on.  He moved his family from a solid job out in Arizona to do it. 

Hell, we owe it to him for pain and suffering.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

The situation Chip was in was not his fault.  He was brought here under false pretenses that his boss either never intended to fulfill, or couldn't resist reneging on.  He moved his family from a solid job out in Arizona to do it. 

Hell, we owe it to him for pain and suffering.

Yeahhh you're probably right. Can't argue there. I would like to see college football coach, at Auburn, get bonuses solely based on merit. That would probably prevent this crap from happening.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yeahhh you're probably right. Can't argue there. I would like to see college football coach, at Auburn, get bonuses solely based on merit. That would probably prevent this crap from happening.

There are all kinds of incentives commonly written into these contracts.

This bonus isn't a reward for Chip. It was written to protect Auburn from him leaving before a certain date. And, again, I'm guessing in this case that the SECCG explains the significance of tomorrow being that date, unless it's just a calendar/bean counter-based target. 

Retention, retention, retention

Sticking around pays off for coaches through retention bonuses. Most bumps come after the season -- Alabama's Nick Saban gets $3.6 million after he completes the 2021 campaign, for instance -- and Herman gets his 2019 stocking stuffer if he's still in Austin. Arizona's Rich Rodriguez is 25 percent vested in a booster-organized longevity fund and will receive additional allotments in March 2018 (25 percent) and March 2020 (50 percent). However, with another 3-9 season or two, Arizona's accounting department might be able to scratch that direct deposit off its list.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20176937/college-football-coaches-perks-sweeten-deals-nick-saban-dabo-swinney-jim-harbaugh-urban-meyer-jimbo-fisher-mike-leach

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'm hoping that one of those cute ideas that gets thrown out there but someone picks it up as rumor.

I'm a bit of a young'n but has Pat Nix's offenses been good?

Well, unlike Gus.... He went from college TO high school.  Wrong trajectory....

No, he wasn't particularly good at Miami.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, unlike Gus.... He went from college TO high school.  Wrong trajectory....

No, he wasn't particularly good at Miami.

We could Have Sean McVay as Gus OC and it won't matter as long as Gus is the coach. Same. OL. ISH. Just ready for him to be gone so we can be excited about AU football again 72.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We could Have Sean McVay as Gus OC and it won't matter as long as Gus is the coach. Same. OL. ISH. Just ready for him to be gone so we can be excited about AU football again 72.

Agree 100%.

If nothing changes.... This forum will be unbearable next season.  Yes, I include myself as being unbearable too.

I just am trying to ignore the "updates" until someone official announces something official about what next years staff will officially look like.

Until then, I'm mostly just trying to use juvenile humor to pass the time.

52 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hey! He created the Wild Cat, Kenny O!

Well he's still not ELITE like he thinks he is either.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Do you ever wonder how happy Gus would be if he gave up control and his OC succeeded?

He did that one time, in 2016. I need not remind anyone what our early season offensive performances looked like that season before Gus ceded playcalling to Rhett. Fast forward to us beating Arkansas 56-3, easily our most complete game of the Malzahn era and probably the most dominating offensive performance other than maybe the 2013 SECCG. Check out this question and answer after that Arkansas game:

Has the team improved from the first part of the season… “It’s a hard question to answer right offhand. We’re getting better. But this is just one game. We have to continue to get better. We have improved. If you look at it, we lost to two pretty big teams, and I wish we would have played better. But it’s all about getting better. Very few teams in college football this time of year get better. That’s our challenge; if we can continue to do that, we’ll see what happens.”

Kinda have to wonder how Gus would feel if somebody else ran the offense better than he can. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Do you ever wonder how happy Gus would be if he gave up control and his OC succeeded?

He did that one time, in 2016. I need not remind anyone what our early season offensive performances looked like that season before Gus ceded playcalling to Rhett. Fast forward to us beating Arkansas 56-3, easily our most complete game of the Malzahn era and probably the most dominating offensive performance other than maybe the 2013 SECCG. Check out this question and answer after that Arkansas game:

Kinda have to wonder how Gus would feel if somebody else ran the offense better than he can. 

Clearly not well since it took us to the sec title game and he took it back from chip this season!!! lol

So no indications of anything except Gus is and looks like will remain our coach? I am starting to think if there is even any truth to this redefined buy out agreement 

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Agree 100%.

If nothing changes.... This forum will be unbearable next season.  Yes, I include myself as being unbearable too.

I just am trying to ignore the "updates" until someone official announces something official about what next years staff will officially look like.

Until then, I'm mostly just trying to use juvenile humor to pass the time.

O I totally admit I have been a effin dick this whole season. I try to push the fire gus narrative any time I can. I am sure everyone is tired of it. Well I am tired of him making me apathetic of Auburn football. It is one of the worst feelings to know if he is here in 2019 it is only because the president does not want to be embarrassed to fire him a year after he gave him that huge buy out and contract. even though he deserves it. You always entertain 72!!!! keep doing you fam.

Archived