Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

3 hours ago, shabby said:

so stoops has stated that there has been no contact. does this end this rumour? whose next 9n the rumour mill?

You didn’t get that memo it went pages that this is legit.  But it’s in limbo because it got out now wasn’t click bait at all

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I’m gonna be that guy. I was following the thread closely yesterday until about page 15 then got busy with work. Clicked to the last page this morning and it looks like the tone has completely changed. Could someone very briefly sum up what’s happened?

Preferrably in haiku form

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well the big money guys are part of the problem. They were the ones , IMO, who caused this mess. Now they are making a bigger mess. Again, I have no sources to validate but just going off my emotions right now which is in a tailspin lol.

Oh I'm aware. I'm just saying they need to figure out which direction and then power down. I think we as fans would support either direction. We just want to see a direction. 

1 minute ago, chimes said:

Ok I’m gonna be that guy. I was following the thread closely yesterday until about page 15 then got busy with work. Clicked to the last page this morning and it looks like the tone has completely changed. Could someone very briefly sum up what’s happened?

It has slowly degenerated to the point that people are calling each other's posts "dumb", bordering on calling each other dumb, with accusations like "you don't know anything", etc.  You didn't miss anything of relevance.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Instead of a huge buyout give the dude hella incentives. 

This is what it should be across CFB as a whole until a coach has started to prove consistency 

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Name me 7 coaches who are big name, and by big name and established, that we could afford to pull away from their current locations. 

Well in all fairness, when is that ever true? Big name and big game coaches generally have a great situation where they are and it takes the right scenario to make things happen. Devils advocate here.  

Hope I’m terribly wrong but this is gonna end up a dumpster fire worse than going to the Birmingham bowl. Buckle your seatbelt folks it’s about to get crazy. We are gonna have to eat gus’ contract then hire a nobody that takes us back 8 years or worse have a lame duck this coming up year and go 4-8. 

E53151D5-3D1E-471D-8E32-411180975D24.gif

10 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

I think it really depends on what our powers see as the way forward. Bill Clark would be excellent to build on for a few years if we think Saban has maybe 3-4 years left. I'm not saying we should totally base our future off Saban but realistically a coach will have a much better time once he is gone. If we think Saban is there for another 7-10 years then we have to go get a Top 5-10 guy, pay him like a top 2-3 guy and then tell him to go kick Saban in the teeth. 

I don't care either way really. I'll always support Auburn and I'm young enough to be okay with holding out for a few years. But the older, big money guys probably need to make a decision one way or the other. 

This isn't about Saban to me.  The best coaches in the country having losing records to Saban.  This is about our continued mediocrity as a whole.  Losing to LSU and UGA consistently.  Being 3-3 with Mississippi Freaking State over the last six years.   Losing to an awful Tennessee team.  Being .500 against Power 5 teams since the Kick 6.  Get me someone who can fix all of this other stuff and I'll worry about Saban come November each year.

1 minute ago, VAtiger12 said:

Oh I'm aware. I'm just saying they need to figure out which direction and then power down. I think we as fans would support either direction. We just want to see a direction. 

Ehh I don’t know about that lol but I whole heartedly agree that a decision and direction needs to be made.  Personally, as much as I liked the idea of stoops, I do question whether he deserves Jimbo Fisher money . If it were up to me I am looking at Bill Clark. That’s just me. I would hate to pay Stoops money just so he could pull a Jim Harbaugh on us. Yes, it would be nice to win 9 and 10 games consistently but eventually we would get sick of never getting over the hump.

2 hours ago, MaxP said:

Tate's article reads like complete garbage. It's just like the sensational bs written by our enemies during the Cam Newton investigation. Do I believe backers of the program want Gus gone and are exploring options? Sure, we all want him gone. Trying to fire the university president to appoint someone who will fire Malzahn, what is this the Nixon administration? 

It's a far fetched notion for sure.  Crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Ehh I don’t know about that lol but I whole heartedly agree that a decision and direction needs to be made.  Personally, as much as I liked the idea of stoops, I do question whether he deserves Jimbo Fisher money . If it were up to me I am looking at Bill Clark. That’s just me. I would hate to pay Stoops money just so he could pull a Jim Harbaugh on us. Yes, it would be nice to win 9 and 10 games consistently but eventually we would get sick of never getting over the hump.

Not gonna lie I’d pay a coach a lot of money if he was able to win 10+ games a season in 3 of his first 4 at auburn. I know Harbaugh is having problems with his rival too but it’s saban Jr up there so kind of same boat. Just to have that consistency would be a godsend. 

7 minutes ago, chimes said:

Gus may be gone soon,

Leathe trying to scuttle deal,

Stoops still the main guy.

54 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Strategy.  Do you fire before or after the early signing period? 

My point in raising the issue, is we’ve been hearing all season how bad their relationship is.  If that rumor is accurate, in my opinion you part ways immediately.  The recruits on that side of the ball saw the offensive deficiencies and hear about them from competitors on the recruiting trail.  By firing him now, you can claim you are moving forward to make things better next year. By keeping him, you’re sending the message that next year will be the same.  

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Not gonna lie I’d pay a coach a lot of money if he was able to win 10+ games a season in 3 of his first 4 at auburn. I know Harbaugh is having problems with his rival too but it’s saban Jr up there so kind of same boat. Just to have that consistency would be a godsend. 

That’s totally fair 

43 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You have insiders here telling you that this thing has legs, along with really good reporters like Moon amd Tate (Tate broke the jet-gate story if you don't know).  It may not come to pass because things fall thru in business, but the smoke her looks very real.  To dismiss it as "hack-inspired" shows a serious lack of knowledge about those who are doing the reporting.  If this was Pete Thamel or someone like him with a track record of crappy reporting, I'd be with you.  But these guys have nothing, and I mean nothing, to gain from peddling info they believe to be false.

Well according to some, it's just clickbait that will make them meeeeeeeeeeeelions in ad dollars and subscriptions. <_<

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That’s totally fair 

But I also agree with your point to spend that kind of money we better for sure get a return on being that much in the hole. 

8 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Hope I’m terribly wrong but this is gonna end up a dumpster fire worse than going to the Birmingham bowl. Buckle your seatbelt folks it’s about to get crazy. We are gonna have to eat gus’ contract then hire a nobody that takes us back 8 years or worse have a lame duck this coming up year and go 4-8. 

E53151D5-3D1E-471D-8E32-411180975D24.gif

Yep, if nothing ends up happening with these rumors, having Gus here knowing nobody wants him is going to suck next year.

Just now, tbone1430 said:

But I also agree with your point to spend that kind of money we better for sure get a return on being that much in the hole. 

Yep that’s my only thinking . If you want to be the richest coach I would like to see a NC VICTORY. Not just appearances and almost appearances.

As crazy as it sounds Bill Clark may be really hard to get away from UAB.  He has invested a lot into that program to up and leave just as they are getting it going.  Then again UAB looked less than inspired against MTSU last week.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Why does it always seem like our heach coach is butting heads with the assistants he's hired? This crap goes back to Tubs, that I can remember. 

The financial contributors use their money as leverage to get their way, versus letting a coach do his thing. The university allows it, tensions rise, Coach gets paid for years but not as a coach. Repeat.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is not reaching out to any OC's. You can take that one to the bank. 

Who would listen to him anyway lol

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yep, if nothing ends up happening with these rumors, having Gus here knowing nobody wants him is going to suck next year.

In fairness, even before the rumors the idea of Gus returning sucks. 😉

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep that’s my only thinking . If you want to be the richest coach I would like to see a NC VICTORY. Not just appearances and almost appearances.

That's why most companies would like their employees to not reveal their pay. Animosity grows when you know how much someone is being paid. If Gus were making only $1 million a year we'd probably be less critical as a fanbase.

It's like the high school I graduated from. None of the alumni would mind so much that we've averaged 4 wins per year over the last 5 years if they weren't paying the coach just shy of six figures...

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gus may be gone soon,

Leathe trying to scuttle deal,

Stoops still the main guy.

Who the heck you talking to to be saying this?! Spill the beans!

Archived