Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Hardly...But Samir had NO BUSINESS leaving his feet on that one...

I don't mind going straight up and down but jumping towards a guy? Just not smart

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t like Virginia, it is an elitist college, but they seem destined to win it all with the numerous times they have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat during this tournament.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

This is worse than the 2013 natty. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Worse. Worst loss of my lifetime. I will never ever get over this. Why are we cursed? What did we do to deserve this?

This is the hardest loss to swallow that I've experienced. Damn

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I don't see any way that all three officials missed the double dribble no call.   Especially in that moment. 

You don’t watch much CBB then. 😂

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

No business even getting close to fouling there.

Up by 2 you can't give him an uncontested look, but don't foul.  

15 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m gonna quote myself ... we got flat screwed!  That was a clear double dribble!  My WIFE called it as it happens and she knows very little about b-ball.  

That gets called in youth league!

Yes!

5 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

Anybody have any doubts about that foul call?

Nope.  The foul was the right call.  He took the shooter's legs out.  But the missed double dribble will chap my butt for eternity.

Tennessee lost the exact same way. And didn’t Purdue lose the same way as well? My daughter said they fouled Bryce Brown as he was shooting that last shot, but didn’t call it.  

Given all that, I am incredibly proud of this team. There needs to be a HUGE celebration when these guys come home.  We need to give them all the support in the world.  They have made basketball fun and beloved at Auburn.  I love these guys with all my heart.  They have not disappointed me at all.  

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wish nothing but the absolute worse to Virginia, Tony Bennett, that junk bush league stall ball and them going forward. I already hated them but my God my fury for them is on Bama and Georgia levels. Luckiest freaking team I have ever seen.

Virginia played good and did their thing. What pissed me off was the little smirk post game and the comment "controversial or not." I pray they lose the finals.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't mind going straight up and down but jumping towards a guy? Just not smart

Jump straight up or just so far past him you can’t make contact. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is worse than the 2013 natty. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Worse. Worst loss of my lifetime. I will never ever get over this. Why are we cursed? What did we do to deserve this?

This man.  That's why I don't like talking story book ending because somebody rips out the last page of the book and throws it straight into the fire. And it's happened to us TWICE! 

Like an episode of this:

once.jpg

This hurts. ROBBED. They did what they had to to get back in, and taken from them on a blatant missed call. But what makes it so much worse....is that now all we will hear from the mouthpieces and gumps is "we weren't supposed to be there anyway". Gonna be hard to hold my tongue.

Hopefully next Bruce won't live and die with shooting the 3's.I still say we need more tall guys like Wiley.

That loss was not right which makes it so hard to take.  

Congrats to Coach Pearl and the team.  I am so freaking proud of them.

IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!

Just now, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

This hurts. ROBBED. They did what they had to to get back in, and taken from them on a blatant missed call. But what makes it so much worse....is that now all we will hear from the mouthpieces and gumps is "we weren't supposed to be there anyway". Gonna be hard to hold my tongue.

Ahhh.....but they had NO chance of being there. Gump 'em right back. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

With Guy shooting,  yeah he does. Gotta contest him. 

How many 3 pointers do you see get blocked? You get your hand in their face, jumping does nothing. 

Great season for the guys. That ending sucked. First the no call on the Virginia double dribble and then the call with .6 to go for 3 FTs. Did our guy make slight body contact on the last shot ? Sure he did. But after letting them bang all night long, a referee doesn't interject himself with less than a second to go to make the difference in the game. They just don't and especially not in a Final 4 game. Both calls were bush league imo. Again, great season for the guys and I really feel for them. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This man.  That's why I don't like talking story book ending because somebody rips out the last page of the book and throws it straight into the fire. And it's happened to us TWICE! 

Like an episode of this:

once.jpg

I think Georgia feels the same way. Oregon too.

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

bama fans have no room to talk about anything basketball related. It’s no accident that we won those big games that we did.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Ahhh.....but they had NO chance of being there. Gump 'em right back. 

You know that doesn't work. Can't argue with stupid. Might as well walk away. It's better than jail...

Archived