Would you feel different if we had beaten FSU in 2013?

gr82b4au

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ok. So we were actually 11 1/2-1 1/2 in 2013? And the BCSCG loss didn't count as much as the LSU loss? And SECCG win didn't count as much as, say, the Arkansas win? I can respect your position if it's consistent. I don't agree with it, but I respect it.

Um, I'd rather not lose 4 games.

You're asking me to choose between equally crappy scenarios. It's your assertion that one scenario is better than the other. That's the point. Every game counts. 

Oh good grief. I NEVER SAID THAT THE LOSS DOESN'T COUNT. I SAID IT DOESN'T COUNT THE SAME WAY. As I mentioned to your twin in my last comment, bowl losses should count against a coach the same, because in today's college game all it takes is not having a losing record to make a bowl game.

What I'm getting at is that winning the division and going to the conference championship is worth something. You avoided answering the question because you know I'm right and there's no way you can talk your way out of it. But okay, how about this: Auburn is 10-2, but both losses were in the SEC so Bama still wins the West, and then Auburn loses the bowl game. Is 10-3 really any better than 10-4 when the extra loss was a shot at winning the conference title?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really, dude? Nevermind what a weak ass attempt at insulting two people for no reason that is. It's stupid and illogical. 

Haha our bromance yet we just had several disagreements recently . Heck we just had one today. But he is a writer , so of course he would know to check his facts before speaking so matter of fact, right? I guess not. 

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Oh good grief. I NEVER SAID THAT THE LOSS DOESN'T COUNT. I SAID IT DOESN'T COUNT THE SAME WAY. As I mentioned to your twin in my last comment, bowl losses should count against a coach the same, because in today's college game all it takes is not having a losing record to make a bowl game.

What I'm getting at is that winning the division and going to the conference championship is worth something. You avoided answering the question because you know I'm right and there's no way you can talk your way out of it. But okay, how about this: Auburn is 10-2, but both losses were in the SEC so Bama still wins the West, and then Auburn loses the bowl game. Is 10-3 really any better than 10-4 when the extra loss was a shot at winning the conference title?

Yes it’s one extra loss. Nobody said is not worth anything. I think what we are saying is it is silly to try to down play an SEC loss or bowl game loss. Last time I checked , the NCAA counted those in the same manner a second a regular season loss. 

So you don’t count the Purdue victory then right? 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really, dude? Nevermind what a weak ass attempt at insulting two people for no reason that is. It's stupid and illogical. 

Yes, really. The two of you have been going back and forth about how much you think alike, so I don't think it's unfair to group you together. That's not an insult, it's merely an observation. If it were false, you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bunch about it.

And if I'd been trying to insult you, I would have called you gay lovers. That was not my intent at all.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You realize that word gymnastics aren't something to brag about, right? That just means you're using more words to be wrong. 

Maybe he meant it that way, but to me word gymnastics means being able to actually convey a more complex thought than the one you're responding to.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Yes, really. The two of you have been going back and forth about how much you think alike, so I don't think it's unfair to group you together. That's not an insult, it's merely an observation. If it were false, you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bunch about it.

And if I'd been trying to insult you, I would have called you gay lovers. That was not my intent at all.

Ah. So you're a homophobic cretinous writer. High five bro. Is 1985 still awesome? You're really winning today.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Maybe he meant it that way, but to me word gymnastics means being able to actually convey a more complex thought than the one you're responding to.

No not even close. It means you are saying a bunch of nothing to push a point. 

Just now, Rednilla said:

Ah. Cool writer trick. Shakespeare made up his own words, too. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes it’s one extra loss. 

So you'd rather just not play in the Championship Game then? Right. How about we just refuse to go when we earn the chance, hmm? Because that would go over so well with everybody.

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I guess you can write but not read? I said "as much". 

You're not right. And I don't have to talk my way out of anything.

You seem a bit unhinged, actually. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Ah. So you're a homophobic cretinous writer. High five bro. Is 1985 still awesome? You're really winning today.

No, not homophobic. But if you don't recognize that calling two heterosexual friends gay for each other as an insult (due to it being false, not because it's gay), then you really are being disingenuous just because you don't like what I have to say.

So you'd rather just not play in the Championship Game then? Right. How about we just refuse to go when we earn the chance, hmm? Because that would go over so well with everybody.

What are you talking about? Let me make this easy for you. I count every game impactful . There are games that are more important than others. I consider it a 9 win season if Gus wins 8 regular season games and a bowl game. I consider it a 5 loss season , if he loses 4 regular season games and the bowl game. I think Gus should be able to win 9 games consistently . To me that’s success. If it takes a bowl game to get him to that point. Cool. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

No not even close. It means you are saying a bunch of nothing to push a point. 

You can have your outlook on things, I have mine. There's a reason that Edgar Allen Poe is remembered far more than Edwin Arlington Robinson, and that's because he was better with word gymnastics.

No, not homophobic. But if you don't recognize that calling two heterosexual friends gay for each other as an insult (due to it being false, not because it's gay), then you really are being disingenuous just because you don't like what I have to say.

You're starting to make me sad. But just so you have closure, run what you just said by your gay friends and get their opinion. Be sure not to use your immense talents as a writer to play word gymnastics. Instead, be honest. See how it goes.

Just now, Rednilla said:

You can have your outlook on things, I have mine. There's a reason that Edgar Allen Poe is remembered far more than Edwin Arlington Robinson, and that's because he was better with word gymnastics.

You have yet to answer my question . Do you consider last year an 8 win season or a 7 win season? 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I guess you can write but not read? I said "as much". 

You're not right. And I don't have to talk my way out of anything.

You seem a bit unhinged, actually. 

And I didn't say "as much." I said "the same way." Call me unhinged all you want, but right now I'm going back and forth with two members with the same agenda at the same time. Makes it a little more difficult when having to answer everything twice.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are you talking about? Let me make this easy for you. I count every game impactful . There are games that are more important than others. I consider it a 9 win season if Gus wins 8 regular season games and a bowl game. I consider it a 5 loss season , if he loses 4 regular season games and the bowl game. I think Gus should be able to win 9 games consistently . To me that’s success. If it takes a bowl game to get him to that point. Cool. 

What I'm talking about is that by saying Gus manages to lose 4 games every year, you're penalizing him for making it into the championship game. You would rather lose less games than to have the chance to play for a title. You admitted it earlier in this very thread. Shame on you.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You have yet to answer my question . Do you consider last year an 8 win season or a 7 win season? 

I already said that bowl games count as much as regular season games because simply winning 6 in the regular season is enough to get you in a bowl game. Did you miss that?

Just now, Rednilla said:

And I didn't say "as much." I said "the same way." Call me unhinged all you want, but right now I'm going back and forth with two members with the same agenda at the same time. Makes it a little more difficult when having to answer everything twice.

Ahh, yes. The "agenda" card. Two people disagree with your fundamentally flawed stance, so clearly we have an "agenda". 

Pathetic. 

What I'm talking about is that by saying Gus manages to lose 4 games every year, you're penalizing him for making it into the championship game. You would rather lose less games than to have the chance to play for a title. You admitted it earlier in this very thread. Shame on you.

Haha I’ve never once said anything you just spouted haha. I simply said he loss 4 games in 2017. Can you dispute that? If not then stop making these foolish accusations .

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I already said that bowl games count as much as regular season games because simply winning 6 in the regular season is enough to get you in a bowl game. Did you miss that?

So we are done here then. You just played yourself.  It is a fact that Gus has  loss 4 or more games dating back to 2014. There is nothing disingenuous about stating facts. 

After a long day of client meetings in Savannah I come on the forum to see what the AUFamily is up to.  After reading up on this thread...

A6E1782D-EFFB-4512-B04A-2D41AA5A1AD7.gif

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're starting to make me sad. But just so you have closure, run what you just said by your gay friends and get their opinion. Be sure not to use your immense talents as a writer to play word gymnastics. Instead, be honest. See how it goes.

🙄 I actually have run it by one of them. Calling you gay would be the equivalent of calling him straight, which he said would be offensive because it's untrue. That's the only reason I made that point in the first place. If either of you are actually homosexual, then I'll gladly withdraw the point, because that would change things.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha I’ve never once said anything you just spouted haha. I simply said he loss 4 games in 2017. Can you dispute that? If not then stop making these foolish accusations .

I'm sorry, I was using the universal "you," not speaking of you in particular. I should have made that clearer.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So we are done here then. You just played yourself. 

For the love of...

No, I didn't play myself. My point this entire time has been about the way the loss in the SEC Championship is treated. You've already played yourself by saying you would rather not play in the championship game than to play it and lose.

Archived