2021 4* S Ahmari Harvey Commits to AU!

ellitor

5 hours ago, ellitor said:
FWIW Keith says AU is recruiting Harvey much harder than FSU.

Awesome.   Why are we recruiting FSU anyhow?      Are we just recruiting a certain player from FSU or the whole team?

...just messing with you man.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  

Hope we flip the Baylor receiver/commit also.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

Awesome.   Why are we recruiting FSU anyhow?      Are we just recruiting a certain player from FSU or the whole team?

You guys are stretching way to hard for a joke. We joke enough around here as is. That being said I worded it like that because I didn't want to end the sentence in a preposition by saying "AU is recruiting Harvey much harder than FSU is" & have @Rednilla correct me. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Auburn pushing hard for Rivals250 ATH/DB Ahmari Harvey

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Rivals250 athlete/defensive back Ahmari Harvey could end up at Florida State and not many would be surprised. He does, after all, attend Florida State University School in Tallahassee.

Harvey, however, isn’t set on staying close to home. He’s seriously considering leaving and two SEC schools are giving him reasons to do so.

“I’m looking hard at Auburn and Texas A&M,” Harvey said. “Those are the schools recruiting me the hardest.”

zahuqxwiz9gvdsq8ifkr

Harvey said both Florida State and Florida have “dropped off,” while the interest from Auburn and A&M remains constant, if not increased, especially from Auburn.

“I hear from Auburn a lot,” Harvey said. “I talk to Coach ‘Crime’ (Wesley McGriff) and Coach (Al) Pogue. I talk to both of them a lot.”

McGriff is Auburn’s defensive backs coach. Pogue is Harvey’s area recruiter. Harvey has good relationships with both.

“Coach Pogue is a great guy,” Harvey said. “He really cares about what you do off the field. And Coach Crime, I’ve gotten to know him really well and we are close. He’s a jokester and I like him.”

Harvey has not visited Auburn, at least not physically. He has, however, experienced a virtual visit.

“I really liked it,” Harvey said. “I loved the campus and everything. It’s a family environment. They take care of their players off the field. It’s just a nice place.”

A place Harvey could see himself having success.

“I feel like I can go there and be three-and-out,” Harvey said.

Rivals ranks Harvey, who is six-feet tall and 180 pounds, the No. 16 athlete in the country, No. 34 overall recruit in Florida and No. 212 in the Rivals250.

Harvey is unsure of a timeline for a commitment.

“It depends on how everything goes, the season and everything,” he said.

• Love 1

downloadfile.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Feels like Auburn's to lose at this point.

Good to hear E!

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, ellitor said:

You guys are stretching way to hard for a joke. We joke enough around here as is. That being said I worded it like that because I didn't want to end the sentence in a preposition by saying "AU is recruiting Harvey much harder than FSU is" & have @Rednilla correct me. lol

That's actually a rule I don't care about too much. For one thing, it's not so much incorrect these days as it is informal, and this is quite an informal medium. But moreover, that's just one I've never abided by a whole lot, and I find myself violating the rule more often than someone with my writing background should.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

That's actually a rule I don't care about too much. For one thing, it's not so much incorrect these days as it is informal, and this is quite an informal medium. But moreover, that's just one I've never abided by a whole lot, and I find myself violating the rule more often than someone with my writing background should.

I've only recently started adhering to it. And I'm not sure why. 

sdsads.gif

• Love 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, ellitor said:

Depends on what the meaning of is is.  But it is a pet peeve; when people do that I always wonder where they were educated at.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Depends on what the meaning of is is.  But it is a pet peeve; when people do that I always wonder where they were educated at.

Speaking of education..."where they were educated at" or, where they were educated?

Not unusual at all when speaking to stick "at" on end of a statement where it isn't needed.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sooo that Ahmari Havey guy looks like a pretty good recruit...

He really does. I like the cut of his jib. I want him on the field and in our locker room. 

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

?

The jib is the front sail on a ship/sailboat. Back in the day, you could tell a lot about the boat by the shape- "cut"- of that sail. (Sometimes that could include the nationality, and consequently "friend" or "foe".) Anyway, your comfort level with the "cut" of someone's "jib" indicates your thoughts on their general appearance or demeanor.

(Obviously I'm primarily concerned with the latter in young Saucy's case. You know I like to form big opinions about kids based on the tiny bits of info we get through recruiting, and this guy strikes me as having an excellent mix of cockiness on the field and a great attitude off it. Combine that with his obvious talent and I view him as a home run recruit.)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to save a certain someone the trouble of posting this. "We should get this guy!!!"

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I'm going to save a certain someone the trouble of posting this. "We should get this guy!!!"

a4e?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The jib is the front sail on a ship/sailboat. Back in the day, you could tell a lot about the boat by the shape- "cut"- of that sail. (Sometimes that could include the nationality, and consequently "friend" or "foe".) Anyway, your comfort level with the "cut" of someone's "jib" indicates your thoughts on their general appearance or demeanor.

(Obviously I'm primarily concerned with the latter in young Saucy's case. You know I like to form big opinions about kids based on the tiny bits of info we get through recruiting, and this guy strikes me as having an excellent mix of cockiness on the field and a great attitude off it. Combine that with his obvious talent and I view him as a home run recruit.)

I read this and finally have figured out @McLoofus occupation: raconteur. Good on you, sir.....

• Love 1

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!

@bg5 I know it sucks that I have to guess but thank you for playing along.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:09 PM, McLoofus said:

Growing up in a Navy Family I knew exactly what you meant and had heard that expression multiple times when my Dad  or another person in the Navy was talking about somebody.

• Like 1