* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

I've been told he did beat Alabama in back to back years, and should be the only candidate.   Add to that he won the FCA Coach of the year award once or twice.  Just what Auburn is looking for......

Oh I didn’t know he beat Saban! Well bring him on down! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh I didn’t know he beat Saban! Well bring him on down! 

Yeah Auburn only cares about beating Saban once in a while.   It's okay to be humiliated by lesser talented UGA, LSU, USCe.   That's all good.  Just win the state Championship. 

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I edited my previous post. I’ll disagree on Hugh. He has always had his guys ready to play and seeems to be good at developing guys 

You know I respect your opinion, but I’ll bet you $100 that if we hire Goober Freeze we as a fan base will be calling for his head within 5 years. This guy is turning into the new Bobby Petrino on this board. 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You know I respect your opinion, but I’ll bet you $100 that if we hire Goober Freeze we as a fan base will be calling for his head within 5 years. This guy is turning into the new Bobby Petrino on this board. 

I understand that sentiment, freeze has just been more competitive at a lesser school than gus ever has. Freeze also doesn’t have the hate factor that Petrino accumulated 

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Yeah Auburn only cares about beating Saban once in a while.   It's okay to be humiliated by lesser talented UGA, LSU, USCe.   That's all good.  Just win the state Championship. 

I wouldn’t call UGA or LSU lesser talented ever, but I get your point. Hugh Freeze isn’t going to have us competing for the playoffs every year. Or competitive recruiting against the SEC recruiting machine. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wouldn’t call UGA or LSU lesser talented ever, but I get your point. Hugh Freeze isn’t going to have us competing for the playoffs every year. Or competitive recruiting against the SEC recruiting machine. 

I've cooled down on Freeze as well. I think he rode the wave of Mississippi recruiting being on a high and we know that the Ole Miss/Miss St. recruiting war was as crooked as could be...

That said, I do think he's a good coach and has proven so twice at the G5 tier. But I don't think the path of success he found at Ole Miss is available here and now at Auburn.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I should've clarified.  I meant Gus' entire HC tenure.  I mean the years where Richt was on his way out, LSU was down with Miles, etc.   There were years where UGA wasn't very good, we were favored and got embarrassed.  Same with LSU except we blew leads, gave games away when we were favored, still embarrassing.   Either way, the record against those teams is pitiful.   but he has beaten bama 3 times so all is forgiven

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I've cooled down on Freeze as well. I think he rode the wave of Mississippi recruiting being on a high and we know that the Ole Miss/Miss St. recruiting war was as crooked as could be...

That said, I do think he's a good coach and has proven so twice at the G5 tier. But I don't think the path of success he found at Ole Miss is available here and now at Auburn.

Yeah starting to agree.

I stand by my support for Venables.

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man I dont want Freeze either. Yes he beat Saban twice, but choked away many other big games and never really won big on any consistent basis. I'm not buying he would field gooddefenses and I feel like his offenses were finesse. Too much like Gus to me. I think hed be a great OC, dont want him as HC. Baggage aside. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Yeah starting to agree.

I stand by my support for Venables.

Maybe. I think Venables was K-State's number one option a couple years ago and unless he's waiting for a better gig aside from his alma mater, I think it's likely he's just comfortable being a career DC...

19 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I understand that sentiment, freeze has just been more competitive at a lesser school than gus ever has. Freeze also doesn’t have the hate factor that Petrino accumulated 

And Auburn will be on probation 

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m confused by this lol. Don’t really understand the freeze hate 

If we get Freeze can we also take Malik Willis back? Please!

9 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I should've clarified.  I meant Gus' entire HC tenure.  I mean the years where Richt was on his way out, LSU was down with Miles, etc.   There were years where UGA wasn't very good, we were favored and got embarrassed.  Same with LSU except we blew leads, gave games away when we were favored, still embarrassing.   Either way, the record against those teams is pitiful.   but he has beaten bama 3 times so all is forgiven

Notice all schools go through this rollercoaster of coaches except one.

wonder why that is

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Notice all schools go through this rollercoaster of coaches except one.

wonder why that is

Illegal recruiting to a degree amateur athletics have never seen in the history of sports is a big help.

3 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

I feel that Arkansas has more upside than us right now 

Unfortunately, I fear you are dead on 100% right.

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Man I dont want Freeze either. Yes he beat Saban twice, but choked away many other big games and never really won big on any consistent basis. I'm not buying he would field gooddefenses and I feel like his offenses were finesse. Too much like Gus to me. I think hed be a great OC, dont want him as HC. Baggage aside. 

While he did beat saban twice, how many times did he lose to Gus? 

34 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

While he did beat saban twice, how many times did he lose to Gus? 

Yeah that's my point. I dont want the guy. I thought my post was pretty clear on that. Freeze is definitely no upgrade as a hc. 

Archived