Yada yada yada

AURex

Ya know, I visit AUF almost every day and sometimes I contribute as well. But ....... I mean ....... how many threads and how many hundreds of posts do we need saying "get rid of gus and hire X, Y or Z in his place"? It's like, there is nothing here but gus-hate. I am not a gus apologist, I'm ready for him to be axed too, but how many times can everyone say the same ^&%* thing, over and over and over?

Am I less of an AU fan because I'm burned out with this constant repetitive stuff? Am I an AUF hater because I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over and over?

Actually I'm concerned that, because of the gus-hate-overload, we are losing a lot of fans who are looking for actual Auburn Football information, like who is playing well and where are the weaknesses, who is in and who is out due to injuries or covid, What is the match-up with Miss State, who needs to step up, how does AU match up offensively, etc?

Instead, all we see is "fire gus and hire X, Y or Z." Nothing -- NOTHING -- regarding upcoming game.

And it has been like this for weeks and weeks. No useful, solid info about football, just gus hate.

Look, I am ready for gus to be gone. But I want to see talk about Auburn FOOTBALL, and it is not here. And I think a LOT of AUF members feel the same way.

JMO, which is worth what you paid for it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s 2020.   It’s how the year has gone since March.   It’s upside down and the season has been very disappointing.   

If Mississippi State was able to run the ball at all, I truly believe they would win without much trouble.    The Auburn defense this year has been completely pushed around.  

KY game - they scored before halftime and didn’t get the call. The outcome is questionable if that happens. 

GA game - not even competitive 

Arkansas - a bone headed play by our QB should have ended the game.   If it’s officiated correctly it’s a loss

South Carolina- enough said

Ole Miss - another questionable call but I do believe we would have scored and gone for two to tie.   

Tennessee - any coach with sense would have run the ball every play in the second half and it’s a W.   

Alabama - really????

texas A&M- Auburn had chances but ultimately couldn’t stop them

So, I really don’t expect anything different Saturday 

22 minutes ago, AURex said:

Ya know, I visit AUF almost every day and sometimes I contribute as well. But ....... I mean ....... how many threads and how many hundreds of posts do we need saying "get rid of gus and hire X, Y or Z in his place"? It's like, there is nothing here but gus-hate. I am not a gus apologist, I'm ready for him to be axed too, but how many times can everyone say the same ^&%* thing, over and over and over?

Am I less of an AU fan because I'm burned out with this constant repetitive stuff? Am I an AUF hater because I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over and over?

Actually I'm concerned that, because of the gus-hate-overload, we are losing a lot of fans who are looking for actual Auburn Football information, like who is playing well and where are the weaknesses, who is in and who is out due to injuries or covid, What is the match-up with Miss State, who needs to step up, how does AU match up offensively, etc?

Instead, all we see is "fire gus and hire X, Y or Z." Nothing -- NOTHING -- regarding upcoming game.

And it has been like this for weeks and weeks. No useful, solid info about football, just gus hate.

Look, I am ready for gus to be gone. But I want to see talk about Auburn FOOTBALL, and it is not here. And I think a LOT of AUF members feel the same way.

I can almost hear the tone in which you said that.. "I appreciate your interest in the game.."

Gus has made his job security the main story and most fans have little interest in the games themselves. If everyones posting on the same topic I would assume thats where the interest lies.

27 minutes ago, AURex said:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse....but that should speak volume to where we are as fans. The apathy for the program has peaked. I used to love coming here for exactly what you said. Talking about upcoming opponents, games ,stats, whatever. I don't even think we had a look-a-like thread the past game or two and those are my absolute favorites. I personally believe the apathy is too much to overcome.

I think Mississippi State is terrible and we should wax them. However our defense has been playing very poorly lately, so I think we will win by about 14 points.

42 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm guessing we were one thread shy because that's what this one will unfortunately turn into. You're not wrong but folks are obviously frustrated and this is their sounding board. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think Mississippi State is terrible and we should wax them. However our defense has been playing very poorly lately, so I think we will win by about 14 points.

14 points would be better than expected we were a nine point favorite have slowly shifted to six, i'll also ad its hard to tell how horrible your opponent is until they take the field against you this year i thought we had a shot against georgia with the way they struggled against arky early but we see how that went.

state shouldve beat both ole miss and georgia

People are upset. It’s pretty easy to look at the topics and skip the ones that deal with Gus. Read the others.

Our new team name for 2020 should be the Auburn Apathy. We are done.

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

I think mods should merge like-minded posts. Especially if they're low effort content and just the same old rant with a different slant on it. This coaching discussion is the same thing over and over and over.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Ok, here’s some Auburn football talk:

Auburn football pretty much sucks because Gus ain’t gettin it done.   

You’re welcome.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

It's a football message board. The discussion regulates itself. It's whatever people are interested in, and whatever the biggest story is. Right now that's Gus' failures.

This post is like complaining that the only thing anybody was talking about in late October was the election.

Actually, Gus himself stirs a lot of it up with his ridiculous press conferences trying to convince everyone how bright the future is when the house is on fire. I would much rather hear him say something to the effect, " we suck right now, but we're going to make some changes, and fix it." At least then we'd know the man is capable of seeing he's got a problem. 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

14 points would be better than expected we were a nine point favorite have slowly shifted to six, i'll also ad its hard to tell how horrible your opponent is until they take the field against you this year i thought we had a shot against georgia with the way they struggled against arky early but we see how that went.

state shouldve beat both ole miss and georgia

If we lose to state he should be fired on the spot

18 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Actually, Gus himself stirs a lot of it up with his ridiculous press conferences trying to convince everyone how bright the future is when the house is on fire. I would much rather hear him say something to the effect, " we suck right now, but we're going to make some changes, and fix it." At least then we'd know the man is capable of seeing he's got a problem. 

I wish I could give you a million likes. 6-4 season is a solid season at Auburn.

I’m fine with people being upset with Gus and I’ve made similar comments @AURexabout a dozen threads all saying the same thing.  It’s not the threads as much as if you say one thing that’s not “Gus sucks” you get attacked.  I’m not a Gus lover but I also think a lot of people have gone a little too emotional in discussing this topic.  I’m an Auburn Alumni and a season ticket holder.  I’ve been through the 2010, 2013 seasons and I’ve been through 2012,2015 seasons.  I agree the time has come to make a change but I also think some people need to step back from the ledge and stop acting like message board trolls.  We’re all the same team.

48 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’m fine with people being upset with Gus and I’ve made similar comments @AURexabout a dozen threads all saying the same thing.  It’s not the threads as much as if you say one thing that’s not “Gus sucks” you get attacked.  I’m not a Gus lover but I also think a lot of people have gone a little too emotional in discussing this topic.  I’m an Auburn Alumni and a season ticket holder.  I’ve been through the 2010, 2013 seasons and I’ve been through 2012,2015 seasons.  I agree the time has come to make a change but I also think some people need to step back from the ledge and stop acting like message board trolls.  We’re all the same team.

Because it is the one and only thing that makes us feel alive and passionate about something related to Auburn football is the prospect of getting rid of mr mediocrity. It damn sure is not the actual games. There is a total wash of apathy over this whole program and fanbase. God forbid there be multiple topics and discussions about the only thing people care about these days related to Auburn football which is firing Gus and who the replacement would be.

So maybe start a thread about actual football topics rather than ones complaining about lack of football discussions. Just a thought.

Upset about threads not talking about football

Starts non football thread 

The main Gus apologist applaud and try to say “I am no Gus apologists”.

Hmmmm

There’s not much to talk about. They’re not a good football team and it’s been an extremely underwhelming year. Gus is and will be the center of conversation until he’s gone. 

I came to the conclusion many months ago that the moderators should create a new forum called the "Auburn Football Forum" with strict rules and rename this one the "Bitch and Moan" forum. 

Archived