Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Is it too much to ask for that our head coach isn't going to be wearing adult diapers soon? 

I am Still on the MC team. I believe we can get him. Maybe $7.5 million.  Totally worth it if he does well over the years

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

UAB wins CUSA 2 out 3 years

Thoughts on Clark? Not a recruiter??

Awesome coach. That QB they have is awful and has a noodle arm and they just won another conference title. But kirby and saban and dabo would love if we hired him. Wouldn't be afraid at him at all on the trail.

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

It’s the opposite for basketball. We were the unattractive overweight ***hole and a dime piece (Pearl) took us in and molded us into a beauty!! 

It's because the dumbasses who are trying to run us in to the ground in football don't care about basketball so they let the AD actually go hire who they want.

47 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

It just means more...lol. 
It just pays more! FIFY!

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's because the dumbasses who are trying to run us in to the ground in football don't care about basketball so they let the AD actually go hire who they want.

See, moving forward the athletic department needs to pay for its own stuff. Not everything but can't keep taking money in exchange for control. 

Final post for the night: 

A lot of people are saying they’d step away from AU football if Steele is hired. I feel the same way. I suggest you switch your enthusiasm to AU basketball if you haven’t already. I admittedly didn’t start watching until Pearl and so far it’s been the most fun I’ve had as an Auburn fan my entire life. If you’re like me and you’re not a big Bball fan, take my word and turn it on anyways. If you think football can give you a heart attack, you got no idea. 

Us Auburn alumni and fans deserve so much better. We have so much love and passion man. This thread is almost 250 pages and the one on rivals is almost 500 page's. We deserve a stud football coach man!!! Auburn has everything it needs for sustained success. The only missing piece is a really good coach....

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

A lot of people are saying they’d step away from AU football if Steele is hired. I feel the same way. I suggest you switch your enthusiasm to AU basketball if you haven’t already. I admittedly didn’t start watching until Pearl and so far it’s been the most fun I’ve had as an Auburn fan my entire life. If you’re like me and you’re not a big Bball fan, take my word and turn it on anyways. If you think football can give you a heart attack, you got no idea. 

We have 2 awesome coaches in basketball and baseball. BOT is like nahhhhhhh let's not get a football coach equally as good!!!

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Finally post for the night: 

My concern is I think of Auburn people are raised the same way. "Support the team no matter what the kids deserve it and never be a fair weather fan. "

If they choose KS we need empty stadiums. No season tickets. No buying merchandise. Nothing. Sell out other events. Go to women's soccer. Anything other than football. 

There has to be something done to change who controls what. We have one of the best ADs in the country now let him do his ******* job. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don't forget baseball dude.  Butch is building a monster.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Don't forget baseball dude.  Butch is building a monster.

We're good at everything. Swim&Dive, gymnastics, soccer, and the girls basketball has even showed some promise this year.

Auburn is so special

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Dang y’all still going?? On a Friday night nonetheless? Go hang with your wives!

She's asleep by 7:30. The bun in the oven wore her out today lol. I'm aiming for 250 before bed. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Dang y’all still going?? On a Friday night nonetheless? Go hang with your wives!

They are asleep and pissed that we’re drunk and on an online forum. Lol 

I see her every day. Coaching searches are only once or twice a decade!

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We're good at everything. Swim&Dive, gymnastics, soccer, and the girls basketball has even showed some promise this year.

Auburn is so special

You may want to check where we were to where we are now...

Wife works 3rd shift. I need more on the search. Everyone knows the interviews, who’s the favorite? Who is most likely out of the candidates to get the job?

Sark

Napier

Elliott

brown

Clark

mario

Riley

Just now, AU_Tiger_88 said:

You may want to check where we were to where we are now...

Oh no, did we drop off? We've always been studs there? 

2 minutes ago, AUscw2011 said:

They are asleep and pissed that we’re drunk and on an online forum. Lol 

Vanilla crown and cherry coke let's goooooooo

I've read every post, but I haven't contributed to the post count yet. Let me help get this to 250 pages tonight. So, if they hire Steele, I am done. Gus has made watching frustrating for several years, and if I have to do that again, I'll just give it up and be a UAB fan. 

Archived