Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

2 hours ago, chimes said:

They make better football uniforms, cleats,sideline gear, basketball shoes, basketball uniforms, and coaches gear than Under Armour. They also funnel hundreds, if not thousands, of players every year through AAU basketball. Fan gear is subjective but I think UA’s is f***ing garbage. There’s a reason Nike is the top sportswear company in the world and UA has been losing contracts with schools all over the country and struggling to keep their head above water. 

There every day workout apparel is actually very comparable to Nike. Where they lose - shoes for the every day person. They are awful. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I don't like Nike.

why lol?

15 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

If it meant the difference in keeping certain players and pulling new recruits, then it needs to fly with fans.

Big facts

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

So did Harsin if we are being truthful. 

Uh, no. That’s not the truth on this planet. Frankly if we’d had our 2-3 cupcakes, we’d likely have had 8-9 wins.

If you switch the Arky, Kentucky and Ole Miss games where the refs literally blew calls allowing us to win he is inheriting a losing record team in the SEC.  Those games literally have asterisks next to the Ws for Auburn.

So it is actually is pretty true what @gr82b4au said, @TexasTiger

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Exactly. Players tweeting about their coaches and/or team are begging for the boot.

Ask Kylin Hill and Chuba Hubbard how their Senior seasons worked out for them.

Keep your mouth shut, stay off of Twitter, stay humble and get to the League.

Dont know what happened with him but is Kylin Hill available?

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Uh, no. That’s not the truth on this planet. Frankly if we’d had our 2-3 cupcakes, we’d likely have had 8-9 wins.

Huh? I am just stating facts. Even the Sec said they screwed up. I like Gus. Just saying the program was heading south. 

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

If you switch the Arky, Kentucky and Ole Miss games where the refs literally blew calls allowing us to win he is inheriting a losing record team in the SEC.  Those games literally have asterisks next to the Ws for Auburn.

You don’t know the meaning of “literally.”

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Huh? I am just stating facts. Even the Sec said they screwed up. I like Gus. Just saying the program was heading south. 

Bad calls are part of football and we only played 10 games without a real cupcake. The year before Tubbs, we won one conference game over Ole Miss.  On the other hand, there were no blowouts. We also went thru 6 centers due to injury.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ok, thought he may be looking for a new team and we could use the depth.

Don't need players who blow their horns on social media. That was the original point. Schwartz does it way too much.

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

Don't need players who blow their horns on social media. That was the original point. Schwartz does it way too much.

I didnt see what he did just liked him since I saw his play in the miss/al allstar game. He only has one year anyway right? Might as well let him on the team and he can be cut if he violates Harsins rules. We need quality help now if MAR and Shivers leave.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

There every day workout apparel is actually very comparable to Nike. Where they lose - shoes for the every day person. They are awful. 

I agree on the shoes. I’ve tried a few pairs of UA trainers and have, unfortunately, had a team of mine contractually obligated to wear UA shoes... and they’re absolutely terrible. If we’re talking everyday workout apparel, to be honest, there’s very little separation among any of the brands. That’s including the no-name store brands. Where Nike separates itself is with their uniforms and premium workout gear (including the sideline gear). I’m talking the stuff they don’t sell at Academy or Dick’s. I deal with reps every year trying to sell me the best of the best from every brand and UA is so far behind Nike (and Jordan) it’s laughable. Adidas also makes much better quality gear and uniforms than UA, but they don’t have the selection, marketing, or overall market appeal that Nike carries. 

5 minutes ago, chimes said:

I agree on the shoes. I’ve tried a few pairs of UA trainers and have, unfortunately, had a team of mine contractually obligated to wear UA shoes... and they’re absolutely terrible. If we’re talking everyday workout apparel, to be honest, there’s very little separation among any of the brands. That’s including the no-name store brands. Where Nike separates itself is with their uniforms and premium workout gear (including the sideline gear). I’m talking the stuff they don’t sell at Academy or Dick’s. I deal with reps every year trying to sell me the best of the best from every brand and UA is so far behind Nike (and Jordan) it’s laughable. Adidas also makes much better quality gear and uniforms than UA, but they don’t have the selection, marketing, or overall market appeal that Nike carries. 

100% agree. The “gear” Nike sends to its schools and sells are not even comparable to UA. Plus UA is such a ****show of a company it won’t surprise me if they go bankrupt or sold wouldn’t surprise me. Just look at them backing out of deals with the UC schools (UCLA, Cal, & Cincy). 

Adidas when our school was shopping around had great products and “incentives” but at the end of the day, when we had our student-athlete advisory committee put in their input, it was Nike, and it wasn’t even close. I can 98% guarantee it was because of their marketability and the “coolness” factor— which eventually goes all the way to recruiting these athletes. 

17 hours ago, Didba said:

Do you even watch football? No, those games “literally “ don’t have asterisks beside them!

19 hours ago, Didba said:

🤔

Screenshot_20201226-101839_Chrome.jpg

You missed the point entirely I guess, just to make a snarky comment. Nice.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, chizhead said:

My take so far is that I think some of our players are in for a MAJOR culture shock! I don't think this guy will pick boogers on the sideline

Praise God....

On 12/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, Auburn x 3 said:

But we always had good weeks of practice   😂

Man, you had to go there...lmao.

Just finished listening. 
If he is as he says, he will fit in at AU for a long time. 

We like hardnosed football and he has the simple hard work temperament it takes to win in the SEC.

He is obviously not afraid to take on a huge task. He does remind me of Dye in his straight forwardness. 

I am so tired of junk coachspeak.

1 minute ago, HarsinVOL said:

If no one 'believes' me, then why give anything up? Why does it bother you what my business is? Suggestion: Get your nose out of it.

You’re posting BS on a public forum for everyone’s nose to be in it. 
Suggestion: be a better troll next time 

Archived