Ryan Pugh

TigerHorn

But when I was in college if I were to slap the hell out of one of these guys in black face I should be judged though right? 

You just get a pass for doing stuff in college huh?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But when I was in college if I were to slap the hell out of one of these guys in black face I should be judged though right?

I don't think so.  Honestly if you were recorded you would end up famous like that guy that knocked the daylights out of that white guy with a Twisted Tea a week or two ago at the gas station.  If you haven't seen that video you should.  I can PM you a link if you want.

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was in a frat (and decidedly did not grow up in a life of privilege lol)and we had plenty of people that did dumbass things, grew up in a life of privilege, and probably remain clueless about why things like this are so offensive. I do wonder though if an isolated incident as a teen/young adult should haunt us and disqualify us for the rest of our lives. I never did that stuff but I did do stuff that I look back on and cringe; I was probably just more immature than my contemporaries. I guess I continue to be amazed and saddened by how something as simple as the color of one’s skin/race continues to divide humans. Sigh....

Agree, this thread is probably due for a lock or move though....

Like anything I think it depends on what is done right? So then the question goes to are we now saying that being a racist isn't that big of a deal? Is it just a rite of passage at Auburn now?

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I roomed with two guys that were are in frats and my best friend was in s frat and I was constantly recruited to be in a frat. And I saw things personally. Almost had a falling out with one of my room mates. And then another organization had pics and video when they snuck into one that I also saw personally

“I wasn’t in one, but by golly I knew every single thing about them!” 

lmao relax man it’s Friday 

Just now, woodford said:

“I wasn’t in one, but by golly I knew every single thing about them!” 

lmao relax man it’s Friday 

You probably should do your random dumb post with somebody else? You probably don't want to try me

Just now, cole256 said:

Like anything I think it depends on what is done right? So then the question goes to are we now saying that being a racist isn't that big of a deal? Is it just a rite of passage at Auburn now?

No, it’s always a big deal. I grew up in the South and my mothers extended family was very rural- man, some of the stuff they said, even when I was very young....I just didn’t understand how people could think that way. I think a lot of people that ended up at Auburn came from those backgrounds. I guess I’m saying that I think maturity and life experience changes us as people- thank goodness and hopefully for the better. And, if we’re all created in God’s image, how could any of us be wrong? Even somebody that looks like me, lol

The biggest issue here is that everyone here has wasted good time out of their day over a kid who literally hurt no one.

How about yall go social justice over actual s*** that actually affects blacks instead of scary spooky evil face paint. 

But I'm sure most those here who are up in arms are so disillusioned with politics/policy they also vote for and support the laws which aggress upon blacks the most. 

Wake me up when he does something that actually has a victim. 

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

The biggest issue here is that everyone here has wasted good time out of their day over a kid who literally hurt no one.

How about yall go social justice over actual s*** that actually affects blacks instead of scary spooky evil face paint. 

But I'm sure most those here who are up in arms are so disillusioned with politics/policy they also vote for and support the laws which aggress upon blacks the most. 

Wake me up when he does something that actually has a victim. 

Nobody cares about you. You post this as if you have any type of importance. I speak for all black people when I say we won't wake you, please just sleep

He can run and be elected governor of Virginia as a Democrat, but he cant be a coach at Baylor?

Folks' please consider the mockery of reality that we have in this country...

Open a cold beer and laugh at the crap that passes as culture in this nation.

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

No, it’s always a big deal. I grew up in the South and my mothers extended family was very rural- man, some of the stuff they said, even when I was very young....I just didn’t understand how people could think that way. I think a lot of people that ended up at Auburn came from those backgrounds. I guess I’m saying that I think maturity and life experience changes us as people- thank goodness and hopefully for the better. And, if we’re all created in God’s image, how could any of us be wrong? Even somebody that looks like me, lol

I feel you, I'm not pointing fingers at you I'm just saying as far as it goes to not a big deal; to it's a huge deal. I don't think the ahh it's nothing side is right just like the many on here is saying him not getting the job is right. So is there some middle ground? Or I guess I'm saying if him not getting the job isn't right what do people think would be right. And please understand me asking you is really big. As most of these clowns on here I could care less about

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I roomed with two guys that were are in frats and my best friend was in s frat and I was constantly recruited to be in a frat. And I saw things personally. Almost had a falling out with one of my room mates. And then another organization had pics and video when they snuck into one that I also saw personally

I think that isn't the same as being in the fraternity though.  Seeing how it actually works from the inside, paying dues, being on the IFC is a lot different.  For example, most fraternity brothers hate the word "frat."  And you were also in college before me so what happened at that time was drastically different.  In 2008 everything changed.  It had to.  Pledges were dying.  Were your experiences while attending Auburn, or a different university?  I can't speak for how fraternities act at other universities, only Auburn.

I understand you are upset with the pictures, and I don't think anyone is defending the picture.  But to paint all fraternities with the same brush when that picture of Pugh looks to be at a house party isn't right.  You know I respect you a ton, but you just have to trust me on this as someone who was not only involved with a fraternity, but also IFC that presided over all fraternities.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I feel you, I'm not pointing fingers at you I'm just saying as far as it goes to not a big deal; to it's a huge deal. I don't think the ahh it's nothing side is right just like the many on here is saying him not getting the job is right. So is there some middle ground? Or I guess I'm saying if him not getting the job isn't right what do people think would be right. And please understand me asking you is really big. As most of these clowns on here I could care less about

Man, I don’t know the answer. If I did I’d probably win a Nobel or something. So many times people do something like this, make some statement expressing their remorse that sounds like they downloaded it off of the internet, and then expect all to be forgiven. A sincere statement explaining how you’ve changed or how you realize what you did was wrong (whether it’s this issue or from the guy who’s sexually harassed people or whatever) or even a sincere statement defending yourself rather than some meek clearly insincere apology would be refreshing. It sounds trite but it really boils down to what Rodney King said back in 1992: “Can’t we all just get along?” It’s been this way since the beginning of time I suspect and probably always will be to some extent but damn if I understand judging people just by how they look, how they choose to worship, or whatever.

Man, this is my first trip to the “Political” board. I’m getting uncomfortable in here....

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody cares about you. You post this as if you have any type of importance. I speak for all black people when I say we won't wake you, please just sleep

You cant speak for all black people because I already do. 

Alright paper rock scissors for king of black people. 

When I was a kid, racism was racism; where one race felt superior to another and their actions supported the oppression of another. I didn’t grow up being taught that mentality, however, I could look around in my own community and see how lives were affected for generations as a result of oppression.  Racism was and still is a real thing.

However, the term ‘racist’ has now been relegated as the first line of defense if you happen to disagree with a particular group on social/political issues. 

That’s unfortunate, because it minimizes the definition of racism as it pertains to its true meaning, and is now just a political tool used to pigeonhole someone, and when someone throws the term out there, it’s generally ignored because it’s misused so much.

Screaming ‘Racist’ is now the equivalent of crying wolf; people don’t pay the same attention to it. Meanwhile, the true racists mingle among the sheep unnoticed. If you don’t believe me, just count the thumbs down and responses to this post.

It’s not up to white people to decide what is and is not racist. It’s not up to white people to decide what should and should not offended POC. It’s not up to white people to decide what happens to other white people who have been racist or are racist. That is the way it should be. 

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think that isn't the same as being in the fraternity though.  Seeing how it actually works from the inside, paying dues, being on the IFC is a lot different.  For example, most fraternity brothers hate the word "frat."  And you were also in college before me so what happened at that time was drastically different.  In 2008 everything changed.  It had to.  Pledges were dying.  Were your experiences while attending Auburn, or a different university?  I can't speak for how fraternities act at other universities, only Auburn.

I understand you are upset with the pictures, and I don't think anyone is defending the picture.  But to paint all fraternities with the same brush when that picture of Pugh looks to be at a house party isn't right.  You know I respect you a ton, but you just have to trust me on this as someone who was not only involved with a fraternity, but also IFC that presided over all fraternities.

I know most hate the word. When I say I know about frats I know. You never see me post something o don't know what I'm talking about. 

And we are discussing about those parties. If we were discussing the everyday life of a fraternity member then yes I'd concede. But you don't have to know every minute of it to know about a parties that are had. And also like I said I literally know a person that literally worked with Auburn university that investigated the stuff. You can't get much closer than that. I'm purposely leaving stuff out to not screw over my friend. 

And I'm a little older than you but it's not like we're decades apart lol

12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Cole is Ryan Pugh a racist?

If you wear black face you're absolutely racist? I'm assuming you're saying something different?

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You just get a pass for doing stuff in college huh?

‘Judged?’ Is that what you call getting the mud beat out of you now?

I can see the headline in The Plainsmen now:

“Student gets ‘judged’ at frat house for slapping the hell out of a guy in blackface; sustains non-life threatening injuries” 🤣

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

When I was a kid, racism was racism; where one race felt superior to another and their actions supported the oppression of another. I didn’t grow up being taught that mentality, however, I could look around in my own community and see how lives were affected for generations as a result of oppression.  Racism was and still is a real thing.

However, the term ‘racist’ has now been relegated as the first line of defense if you happen to disagree with a particular group on social/political issues. 

That’s unfortunate, because it minimizes the definition of racism as it pertains to its true meaning, and is now just a political tool used to pigeonhole someone, and when someone throws the term out there, it’s generally ignored because it’s misused so much.

Screaming ‘Racist’ is now the equivalent of crying wolf; people don’t pay the same attention to it. Meanwhile, the true racists mingle among the sheep unnoticed. If you don’t believe me, just count the thumbs down and responses to this post.

You see that's what most racist rely on now. And what you tried to do with the votes on the post is ridiculous. What racist do now is say things like that so they can remain hidden while speaking with their agendas. Nah the reality is most times it is probably racist but the racist thinks it's not

24 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

And if you think it's just a house party say that and I'll say maybe so. But it's definitely not that football event

10 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

You cant speak for all black people because I already do. 

Alright paper rock scissors for king of black people. 

No you just go ahead and go to sleep and somebody will wake you up when it's something you deem important

You see that's what most racist rely on now. And what you tried to do with the votes on the post is ridiculous. What racist do now is say things like that so they can remain hidden while speaking with their agendas. Nah the reality is most times it is probably racist but the racist thinks it's not

Who’s the judge, now? Brother I can line this forum up with my friends of color who will testify for me. Too much real life and real friendship to dispute it. All I’m saying is when people scream racism at everything just to try and win the day, it’s ineffective. Disagreeing with someone is not racist, oppressing and working towards that end is. 

I know most hate the word. When I say I know about frats I know. You never see me post something o don't know what I'm talking about. 

And we are discussing about those parties. If we were discussing the everyday life of a fraternity member then yes I'd concede. But you don't have to know every minute of it to know about a parties that are had. And also like I said I literally know a person that literally worked with Auburn university that investigated the stuff. You can't get much closer than that. I'm purposely leaving stuff out to not screw over my friend. 

And I'm a little older than you but it's not like we're decades apart lol

Please know all of my responses in this thread are out of respect for you so I hope when you read my posts you hear that tone.  My best friend is black.  The things he has gone through is mind boggling.  So I get it as much as I can from the perspective I can have as a white person.

But to my question though, were your experiences while attending Auburn, or a different university?  I remember you attending a different university in the demographics thread which means your roommates were not in a fraternity at Auburn.  I don't mean this as a slight, but one of the reasons I say you have to actually be in the fraternity to know is that every chapter at each university is different.  For example, my fraternity's chapters up North I think are really weird.  :lol:  I would never have pledged to them!

I just take this issue a little more personally than most because I helped the regime change at Auburn IFC and am proud of it.  My fraternity was the example to be followed as well.  We didn't care if you were white, black, gay or straight.  You just needed good grades and understood you were to be a gentlemen to women at all times.

Oh and you are definitely super old.  Needing a walker soon old. ⬇️

giphy.gif.a8b087a805aa3b8bca1441dfaa1abb11.gif

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And if you think it's just a house party say that and I'll say maybe so. But it's definitely not that football event

I would agree comparing pictures now.

Archived