Cornelius Williams New WR Coach

Tony4AU

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

Mason is the only wow hire on the staff, but we’ll see. 

That is an opinion...and like rectums....everyone has one and most stink, but you are welcome to yours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

Nickname is Corn.  I'm sold!   

Maybe his Route’s will be a “Maze” for DB’s😉. I know...it’s corny.

• Like 1

The naysayers won't be happy unless the staff is full of glitz, glamour, and the high cost of 247 top rated recruiters, or P5 assistants from existing, successful staffs, or the NFL. That is a very thin and superficial way to build a staff. There's no question CW is an expert at the position and can develop players. The success of his position group has been posted. Hopefully now at Auburn, good recruiting will match his results. Let's hope so. As to why he wasn't syphoned away before now? Maybe he was content working under 2 pretty decent coaches (Blakeney and Brown). Maybe the family likes the Troy area. It happens. Maybe he's the new Joe Whitt, Sr. rock solid kind of hire. Auburn was the closest big time D1 program with an opening. Maybe he went all in and blew them away during the interview. Again I say, interviews are SO important to find out who fits, who doesn't, who knows the position inside out, and who has the upside to contribute in a meaningful way beyond their position group. All these years, have DC and TM ever demonstrated, to ANY of the staffs they've worked for, the ability to offer something more than recruit? They've had plenty of time, and are still just assistants. TM was given one chance at OC at USCw and then right back to assistant. Did their position group excel? That's it.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Our fans have the dumbest logic 

Derek Mason legit had several schools bidding for his services and before he was hired , a loud minority group was bashing the potential.

now we have a guy who us rather unknown in the big circle but had quite a bit of success coaching his position group and has ties down here ..now it is what other schools wanted him. Who cares?! When CKS got here , other schools wasn’t vying for his services either . You guys love twill yet I don’t see schools knocking down his door to get him.

just know rhyme or reason with some of y’all 

This should help sum it up:

2DCFA7DC-563A-494D-92BE-95BB57A6244B.gif

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah we have a bunch of names of people who should be good but everybody you named doesn't have any production behind their name

Hudson and Capers were both blocked better than half our starters IMO. I honestly do not think we will have much drop off at WR. Yes they are inexperienced, but they will actually get a full year of quality coaching which is something our WRs haven't gotten much lately. We have our big guys to replace Seth in Capers and Canion. We have Hudson who will probably be the Eli Stove of the bunch and I expect to be the most productive, and then we have Jet who will be our speed guy along with JJ who I hope to see as well. I am excited. Just hope Bo can get it to them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I'm waiting to hear "can o' corn, can o' corn!" on a deep ball.

You’re speaking my language. (Baseball reference, for those who don’t know)

34 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Neither does any other incoming freshman or RS. Has to be proven, but he has a great room of potential to work with. Probably far more than he had at Troy.

You're right other freshmen don't, I don't know why you said that but I agree. As far as comparing it to what he had at troy I don't know, I don't know their roster over 6 years but I'd bet he probably hasn't been in the position of his entire group none really had that much experience.

We may be super talented but at the same time stuff could look bad. You don't know how a guy performs until he performs

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Hudson and Capers were both blocked better than half our starters IMO. I honestly do not think we will have much drop off at WR. Yes they are inexperienced, but they will actually get a full year of quality coaching which is something our WRs haven't gotten much lately. We have our big guys to replace Seth in Capers and Canion. We have Hudson who will probably be the Eli Stove of the bunch and I expect to be the most productive, and then we have Jet who will be our speed guy along with JJ who I hope to see as well. I am excited. Just hope Bo can get it to them.

We have bodies but imo to think somebody is going to come in and just easily replace Seth is hilarious to me. I just think we really down sell how good Seth is

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ummm....as a guy that has completed a 60 year dynasty on NCAA 14, and been watching football for over 30 years....I think it is safe to say that EVERYONE can and should trust my opinion. That is all.

I guess this goes without saying, but that's a 60 year Dynasty all with Auburn, of course!? 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

So many people think coaches should come from diamonds and gold. How the hell you think they got that way? 

WDE! Bank it!

coal

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I guess this goes without saying, but that's a 60 year Dynasty all with Auburn, of course!? 😉

I had a couple 10+ year ones. The most fun one was with Cincinnati and I had a rule that I could only run the wildcat lol. That was pretty brutal 😂

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

This is just a guess, but possibly the assistant coaches salary pool dictated some of these hires. 
Get the best we can for the price we can afford. 
I’m ok with being wrong!

• Like 2

All Auburn pay sites should send out refunds to their paying members. They are 0/10 on AU hires since Gus was fired.  They have one coaching spot left, doubt they get it right either. 

Edited by AUFAN1972
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Oh.... I remember Coach Williams when he coached at JSU when I was there. Pretty good coach, not SUPER vocal but definitely a guy players will love. Responsible for guys like Spencer Goffigan, Anthony Davis, Dalton Screws, Ruben Gonzalez and Josh Barge. (A lot will remember those names because they torched Coach Muschamp's secondary in 2015 w/ Eli Jenkins' help.)

I was a Linebacker  -> Y-Tight End when he was there so I really wasn't THAT involved with Coach W, but yeah. Solid guy.

He has to be a solid guy to get this job. I would love to know how CBH was led to even know who he is much less consider him. 

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I had a couple 10+ year ones. The most fun one was with Cincinnati and I had a rule that I could only run the wildcat lol. That was pretty brutal 😂

Yea I had to do multiple things over 60 years to keep it interesting....I then discovered coach mode which made it 10x more fun. 

5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Occupation   Years

Soldier               4

Officer               3

High School LB/DB Coach 5

Paramedic        6

Coastie             6

EH&S               15

🤪 lol

Weird flex but ok

Can this guy compete with all of the wide receiver coaches that were mentioned as guys we were pursuing in recruiting?  That will determine whether this was a good hire or not. 

I like the fact that he has ties to Alabama. Has been coaching for a while at Troy and his receivers have had success. When Kodi started everybody bad mouthed him. One thing I heard a lot at the beginning was that he couldn't recruit. That was not true as we have seen with some of the receivers he brought in. This guy has had a lot more experience then Kodi and has been recruiting for our top areas. 

You never know for sure when you bring in an up and coming coach but I like this hire.  Now we need to see what he does.

War Eagle and welcome to the Auburn family. 

• Like 2

Damn there’s a lot of people on here who really don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to the game they supposedly love

• Like 3
  • Love 1