Cooper Draft Talk (4/2/21 Update: Enters Draft)

ellitor

50 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody know the details that led to the concussion?

It happened during a televised game, I was watching. It didn't look all that bad at the time, but head injuries are hard to evaluate from in front of a television set.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It happened during a televised game, I was watching. It didn't look all that bad at the time, but head injuries are hard to evaluate from in front of a television set.

Powell with his back turned to the basket around the foul like he started to backpedal. At the same time Stretch was flying in running to the top of the 3 pt line and Powell's back of head smacked squarely into Stretch's chin and it caused a collision causing Powell to go to the floor. 

Powell's concussion signs began to show up shortly and he was taken out... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

I just saw a mock draft and Cooper is down to # 30 to the Utah Jazz. 

He's an interesting prospect for the NBA so i'm not going to be surprised if he slips out of the first round. I don't know that coming back another season would have mattered draft wise for him so i have no qualms about him taking his shot. 

To me he is a very similar player to Harper. Not so much their exact games but just the fact that both are obviously highly skilled but also have glaring weaknesses that are hard to over look. There are some small guards out there making it happen in the NBA but every single one of those are lights out shooters. I think Coop will have to add that to his game to have any hope of getting serious minutes in the NBA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

He's an interesting prospect for the NBA so i'm not going to be surprised if he slips out of the first round. I don't know that coming back another season would have mattered draft wise for him so i have no qualms about him taking his shot. 

To me he is a very similar player to Harper. Not so much their exact games but just the fact that both are obviously highly skilled but also have glaring weaknesses that are hard to over look. There are some small guards out there making it happen in the NBA but every single one of those are lights out shooters. I think Coop will have to add that to his game to have any hope of getting serious minutes in the NBA. 

I think him coming back would of just shined a even brighter light more on his weaknesses. He made the right call to leave to me. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, Randy4AU said:

I just saw a mock draft and Cooper is down to # 30 to the Utah Jazz. 

I would read that fall as just other guys below him, ex. JT Thor, becoming more intriguing to GMs. Sharife is a pretty steady stock and has been for a while, this time of the year is for the volatile stocks to pitch their case. 
If we’re looking for the best case for Sharife, dropping out of the top 16 or so is probably a good thing. He’s been a hot Knicks option, they have an elite defense. Jazz have a 3x DPOY center, so he won’t have to worry about getting beat by his man AS MUCH. I just hope he goes to the right place 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just hope he goes to the right place 

This.

They accidentally listed coop being 6'5"! That will sure help your stock lol.

Thor shot the ball very well and his wing span is super. As long as kd's. That's very very intriguing. He certainly has helped himself a bunch

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toddc said:

Which one of these is best for for him? I am not familiar with the PG sitch for these. 

On 6/25/2021 at 2:39 PM, cole256 said:

They accidentally listed coop being 6'5"! That will sure help your stock lol.

Thor shot the ball very well and his wing span is super. As long as kd's. That's very very intriguing. He certainly has helped himself a bunch

Yeah Thor just off physicals got himself into the first round. The skill displays might get him into flirting with top 20. Glad he did what he did 

I HEARD Cooper declined doing another measurement for today. If so, smart as hell lol 

18 hours ago, jared52 said:

If he continues to shoot like that, he’ll find a long career. 

On 6/27/2021 at 9:25 AM, aublaise said:

Cooper has been working on his jump shot.  

Damn, that looked great. Hope he goes high!

Him with a jumper.....well now you have to reevaluate this guy. Now he's close to not being able to be guarded if that jump shot is consistent

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That jump shot looked much better now I need to see he can do it when being guarded and if it is quick enough. If it is with his quickness, ball handling and passing he will be much better than I originally expected with the chance to be elite. I have to admit that while I loved Cooper his size and lack of a quick consistent jump shot had me thinking he was NBA good but not a top flight PG.  I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong as I always wish the best for any Auburn player.

33 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That jump shot looked much better now I need to see he can do it when being guarded and if it is quick enough. If it is with his quickness, ball handling and passing he will be much better than I originally expected with the chance to be elite. I have to admit that while I loved Cooper his size and lack of a quick consistent jump shot had me thinking he was NBA good but not a top flight PG.  I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong as I always wish the best for any Auburn player.

Agreed.  There's more 3's in that short highlight than he made during the season.  Although quick, he doesn't have an explosive vertical, so I think he's going to need to emulate Trae Young's game to a degree.  

25 minutes ago, JKClark said:

Agreed.  There's more 3's in that short highlight than he made during the season.  Although quick, he doesn't have an explosive vertical, so I think he's going to need to emulate Trae Young's game to a degree.  

I agree.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

People who were at the combine ball parked that he looked around 6’2 or 6’3, so he’s probably grown at least a couple inches (not the asinine 6’4 that he was measured at) 

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree.

Great gifted players find a way to adjust to improve their game. It looks like Cooper maybe now doing that as he continues to grow with his basketball IQ. Good for him...

He definitely looks like he's improved his range, that's for sure. If he shoots like that while being guarded, he'll be a star in the NBA. If he shoots like that and adds defense to his game, he might be a HOFer.

This is the part of process I talked about that you really can't know aboutbut the individual work out. Catch fire at the right time you can really make yourself some money

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is the part of process I talked about that you really can't know aboutbut the individual work out. Catch fire at the right time you can really make yourself some money

My matches must be wet...