Men's NCAA Tourney Thread (Merged)

AUBwins

On 3/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I can't see anybody beating Gonzaga. They have great defense, great offense, are strong on the boards they basically have no weaknesses.  What is scary unless players go to NBA they will have all but 2 players back next year.

This. Watched about half of a half of their game against Creighton today. They may not win it all but I will be shocked if they don’t. As stated, they appear to be elite in every phase of the game; the passing I saw today (from multiple players, not just Suggs) was off the charts good. They appear to be on a different level than everyone else

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, fredst said:

This. Watched about half of a half of their game against Creighton today. They may not win it all but I will be shocked if they don’t. As stated, they appear to be elite in every phase of the game; the passing I saw today (from multiple players, not just Suggs) was off the charts good. They appear to be on a different level than everyone else

Yep, been saying it for a bit. Alabama for instance could’ve made a run but I just don’t see many giving gonzaga a legit run. They just play complete team basketball 

24 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Nothing against any of the teams in the tourney, BUT it goes to show how outstanding we did in 2019 to reach the FINAL 4...you got to be lucky, but you got to play at a high level all the time....we beat 3 true bluebloods (UK, Kansas and UNC)...no one has ever done that...plus we played 1 1/2 games without one of our best players......it is still impressive 2 years later...

And it’s sad really, we had a call that screwed us but without chuma getting hurt, I think we take the title, hands down. He was playing at such a high level

Can we hire away media relations hacks like coaches? I mean every media outlet is running Bama tying lowly seeded UCLA dramatically in regulation but then mentioning in an asterisk (or as in CBS case, not mentioning at all) that Bama went on to lose by 10 in OT.

That level of propaganda is priceless.

48 minutes ago, fredst said:

Gonzaga doesn't wow you with eye popping athleticism. But their offense is consistently unstoppable. Without fail, they score a minimum of 10 pts for every 5 minutes of action. No 3,4,5 minute dry spells. A thing of beauty. It's like they're playing chess, while everyone else plays checkers.

The Cringin' Turds are out so it won't be all bad. Now that I don't have anybody to root against, I'll have to re-think and decide who to root FOR.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The Cringin' Turds are out so it won't be all bad. Now that I don't have anybody to root against, I'll have to re-think and decide who to root FOR.

ANd UCLA limped into the NCAAs after losing their last 4 games of the season, and having to beat a not so good MSU team in OT in the NCAAs.

Luckily, Alabama had a terrible FT shooting game that cost them. NCAA stats said it was the worst FT shooting avg in a game since around 2004.

I still like Zaga, just bc I like their coach, and he is one of the best, and brought them out of nowhere to be one of modern blue bloods IMO.

ps. and we played them, so we contributed to their streak. :)

I would be happy for Gonzaga to win. They are the betting favorite right now BUT the odds are against them. No undefeated team has won it all since Indiana did a long time ago (1976?)

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I am so happy that bammer was sent home. The trailer park cult was getting unbearable. I just can't take a year round onslaught....hope their baseball team stays in the basement for a while. 

Gonzaga all the way!

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I am so happy that bammer was sent home. The trailer park cult was getting unbearable. I just can't take a year round onslaught....hope their baseball team stays in the basement for a while. 

Gonzaga all the way!

Well they will have to unseat us in the basement in baseball, because right now we are the worst team in the conference.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would be happy for Gonzaga to win. They are the betting favorite right now BUT the odds are against them. No undefeated team has won it all since Indiana did a long time ago (1976?)

That's another reason why I am pulling for them. For a team after 45 years to go undefeated would be great to follow till the end. 

It's like watching a no-hitter and it's in the 7th, 8th, and 9th inning, and each inning gets more exciting and pressure packed.

Going thru the tournament w Gonzaga needing what 3 more games to be champions and undefeated?

That's what I want to see...

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Definitely choked under the pressure of a tournament game.

For the season Bama was shooting over 70% from FT line, and in this game 40%.. Tough way to lose...

5 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Well they will have to unseat us in the basement in baseball, because right now we are the worst team in the conference.

Doesn't matter. I just don't want them going to Omaha.....

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Definitely choked under the pressure of a tournament game.

For the season Bama was shooting over 70% from FT line, and in this game 40%.. Tough way to lose...

Yeeaaaahh.........giphy.gif.3223d95e17a5579d8009fa0a06f92ca9.gif

21 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

And it’s sad really, we had a call that screwed us but without chuma getting hurt, I think we take the title, hands down. He was playing at such a high level

Just bc

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm with you! I have been pulling for the top seeds so that UAT will have a harder path. Now I want to see some upsets!!!

Arkansas played a really good game. Baylor is just that good. All season long Gonzaga, Michigan, and Baylor were on a whole different level from the rest of the teams. And Baylor is starting to hit their stride again after having a couple covid breaks in their season. Gonna be a war to see which of those teams takes it home

17 hours ago, toddc said:

3C259668-C2A7-4AAD-A2BC-EED6745C3B1A.jpeg

Well we have two West coast teams playing each other UCLA and Gonzaga and two Texas teams playing each other Houston and Baylor so we know we will have West coast versus Texas final.  I love underdogs so I would love to see UCLA beat Gonzaga but I don't think they can. I believe we will see the two best teams in the country in Gonzaga versus Baylor but I do give Houston a better chance of beating Baylor then UCLA of beating the Zag's. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Well we have two West coast teams playing each other UCLA and Gonzaga and two Texas teams playing each other Houston and Baylor so we know we will have West coast versus Texas final.  I love underdogs so I would love to see UCLA beat Gonzaga but I don't think they can. I believe we will see the two best teams in the country in Gonzaga versus Baylor but I do give Houston a better chance of beating Baylor then UCLA of beating the Zag's. 

I expect Gonzaga and Baylor too. Mainly bc Gonzaga is the most complete team, and Baylor is the best defensive team, and will shut down Houston when needed.

Archived