2 former Boise State players join staff

WFE12

2 former Boise State players join Auburn support staff

by Nathan King

Two former Broncos are following their head coach from Boise State to the Plains.

Evan Tyler and Eric Sachse have linked back up with Bryan Harsin with roles on his Auburn support staff. Tyler, a safety with the Broncos, and Sachse, a former kicker, were both welcomed by the Tigers' first-year head coach Wednesday on social media.

Auburn has not yet updated its official coaching staff online to reflect the announcement from Harsin, though Sachse's Twitter bio says he will be a player personnel assistant. Jay Trust, a sports reporter at KTVB in Boise, reported this week that Tyler will focus on off-field player development with the Tigers. Tyler will attend graduate school at Auburn, while Sachse is already listed as a university employee.

A former transfer from Trinity College, Sachse played one year at Boise State in 2019, making 14-of-17 field goals, including a long of 41. Most notably, he set a Boise State record by going 5-for-5 on field goals in the Broncos' road victory over Florida State in Week 1.

Tyler settled into a starting role in Boise State's secondary as only a true freshman, but a torn ACL sidelined him for the remainder of the year three games into the 2016 season. After recovering, Tyler suffered the same injury in the same knee during the Broncos' 2017 preseason practices and missed all of that season, too.

After receiving a medical redshirt, Tyler got back on the field in 2018. He tallied 35 tackles and two interceptions over his last three seasons with the program. Tyler was constantly praised by Harsin and his teammates for his leadership and attitude, despite the bad injury luck he was dealt.

Auburn's head of player development is Jorrell Bostrom, a former Auburn offensive lineman on the 2010 national championship team who was kept on staff by Harsin following Gus Malzahn's ouster. Harsin this offseason hired Ryan Smith from Mack Brown's North Carolina staff to become his new director of player personnel. Bostrom and Smith already had one assistant in their respective departments, so the additions of Tyler and Sachse appear to give them two aides apiece.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is more great news! Maybe we will add some more staff from Vanderbilt and South Carolina next?

Edited by AU-24
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

This is so damn stupid, as if people are born in training facilities.....who knew that there were different quality of coaches grown in fields? I don't even know why coaches travel from program to program apparently if you are a graduate assistant for a program like Ohio st that means you're the best coach and you'll automatically be successful and if you coach at vandy that means you'll never be good......you don't even have to learn how to call plays it's implanted in your DNA

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

that-doesnt-even-apply-here-carol-freema

That is hilarious. I think it’s your sense of humor that makes you such an open minded nice guy, especially when you’re talking to the elderly and the disabled.

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

That is hilarious. I think it’s your sense of humor that makes you such an open minded nice guy, especially when you’re talking to the elderly and the disabled.

Bless your heart

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bless your heart

Now that’s funny!

I welcome the new blood to Auburn. Harsin is building a different culture. He's bringing some guys that know what that culture is supposed to be.

War Eagle!

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

How dare these young men come to one of the blue bloods in the SEC ? I can’t believe it

welcome men 

• Haha 1

Next thing you know Auburn is going to do something really asinine like hire an ex-Vandy coach to be one of our coordinators. Like, WTH? If somebody suggests something moronic like “Auburn could possibly lose to Northwestern or UCF in football” they might as well be banned from this board. I mean we’re Auburn for goodness sake- we’d never hire a coach pitiful enough to let something like that happen…

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm trying to figure out why people think this is a bad thing?🤷 

Just want to bitch about something

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I'm trying to figure out why people think this is a bad thing?🤷 

Not people, person...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wonder why he nevers says it to me?????

Bless your heart. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Not people, person...

You knew what I meant 🤣 I'm just wondering why some people wanna find something to complain about like really give somebody a chance. You really think we need a top of the line coach( not saying these guys won't be good) on a role like this really? 🤷 Give me a break.

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

This is more great news! Maybe we will add some more staff from Vanderbilt and South Carolina next?

Actually... We did, and we did.

• Haha 2

These guys might just be social media NIL guys. Theyre sole purpose could be to promote the players so theyre able to grow their followers and their brand. Theyre both young and know Harsin so it makes sense

• Like 2

No matter what anybody is bitching about . Boise built a program that damn near nobody wanted to play with unrated players . Now that same staff is  getting top athletes. What the hell you think will happen ? Damn people complain just to complain . I’m excited about the program and the direction it’s going . 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

No matter what anybody is bitching about . Boise built a program that damn near nobody wanted to play with unrated players . Now that same staff is  getting top athletes. What the hell you think will happen ? Damn people complain just to complain . I’m excited about the program and the direction it’s going . 

Yep same I think in the next three to five years we're going to have something really really special at Auburn but that's just me 🤷

• Like 3